What's new
Mark your items as sold

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
VARTH CPS1 Boardset in OEM case
"DASH" A board.
Fully functional, battery recently replaced.

Asking $350 shipped in the US, also open to offers.

Image001.jpg

Last edited:
oooh thats nice !
didnt know it had a shell :D
Yes, and I didnt bother to clean it, for that authentic used in an arcade and trashed about touch lol

But, yeah this one works great and and I like the game. I had loan this one to Undamned, and he serviced it up, replaced the battery etc.. so it should be good for a long while, or use it for the upcoming multi.

Now that I think about it this would make a great oem case for the multi.

For anyone interested, these japan boards came withe the later revision short "DASH' A boards.

I meant a reproduction of the case stand alone

Ah, I don't think it's feasible with plastic,

But there are some VERY talented people on here who do custom acrylic and metal cases, just do a search for "cases" on here. I can't play favorites, they are all very good!

Last edited:
Very cool, never seen that one. Is it shorter (the case) or does it look shorter because the PCB is longer?

Ah, I don't think it's feasible with plastic,
it's a vacuumformed part, you can reproduce it with a vacuum forming machine.

Very cool, never seen that one. Is it shorter (the case) or does it look shorter because the PCB is longer?
There are two versions of this case. one for the long A-board and one for the short A-Board. the top shell is the same in both versions it's only the bottom plate that's different. So the long-board version sticks out like that.

@twistedsymphony thanks for answering and the details provided ^^
it's a vacuumformed part, you can reproduce it with a vacuum forming machine.
Yeah but the sad part is that you'll probably have to pay for a prototype of the mold. Range price for creating a proto ... starting around 5.000$, just for making a mold.
Unless you can provide them with a schematic of the piece you want to make.

It is a bit expensive for a one shot.

Unless you can find an empty capcom case on auction (it happens, but it's as rare as a truth in a politician speech) then the end price of the auction will make you blemish (even for an empty case)

The acrilyc cases solutions suggested by Xtrasmiley seems the most affordable right now, plus it is possible to customize them with nice designs.

@roy You can check some examples of acrylics cases here:
Free Custom Acrylic Case Plans for PCBs
Emiliano also provides links to his github page where he shares some templates for such cases ; so, sort of a DIY thingy, which is totally awesome.

Or metal!

Also, I'd be willing to lend this case out if someone can make a copy of it for the group, just PM me!

aluminum cases can always be done.

making only one would end up quite pricy.
*~But~*

if any colors can do...with at least a few cases for more then one person...
+ someone can provide a pcb for me to test.
it's not totaly impossible to make something looking alike.

it shall be diferent but with similarities.

i could look into this after 3rd order is closed
if anyone is still interested by then :)
(wich could take me some time since the paint oven needs to be changed in upcoming weeks)

Last edited:
Yeah but the sad part is that you'll probably have to pay for a prototype of the mold. Range price for creating a proto ... starting around 5.000$, just for making a mold.
Unless you can provide them with a schematic of the piece you want to make.
you're confusing vacuum forming with injection molding... Injection molding forms do indeed cost upward of $5000 because it has to be made out of metal with precision maching. Vacuum Forming mold making is much cheaper and can easily be done by hand out of wood or clay. Even easier if you have a part to make a template with you can just fill it with clay to make the mold. It's not expensive it's justs a matter of finding someone who has a big enough machine and making the mold.

The hard part is cutting the vent holes and trimming the parameter

I know this because reproducing these cases with the industrial vacuum forming machine that I own has been something I've researched off and on for the last two years: The Obligatory "Post Your Recent Purchases" Thread

*~But~*

(wich could take me some time since the paint oven needs to be changed in upcoming weeks)
I think you'd sell 100s of them, ONCE the CPS1 multi is done and out the door. That's really what people need a case for!

*~But~*

I think you'd sell 100s of them, ONCE the CPS1 multi is done and out the door. That's really what people need a case for!
Yeah probably best to wait until the CPS1 multi can be accommodated properly, then I expect they would sell very well.

*~But~*

Well the CPS1 case i did previously is probably the most popular one :) (for Dash type)

hmm. thinking about it. that Varth pcb use dash board ? that would means that my current case should fit

Back