What's new
For Sale
While your complaint is logical, why would someone hand over money via direct deposit for an item they haven't even seen that is no reason for moderators to step in and shut the guy down.

If someone wants to pursue a sale under those terms then that is their choice, "complete and working" doesn't necessarily mean good condition, buyer beware and all that.

His sale thread his terms, don't like em don't buy em.

Alright guess you guys are correct. one goes by what the rest of the community says by their experinece and maybe thats why one goes and takes the leap before knowing and seeing how he does business and going thru it and trusting the person. Its the excitement of buying a candy cab you can't come acros yet that you have been looking for that makes you go for it and the sales person pushing you saying that its just how everyone does it here.
But o well you guys just gave the guy more reason to keep doing bussiness how he has and gave him more power to be right and not make up for what he sold me.
Ill go and leave my review at the feedback section.

Now you are talking nonsense, no one here is trying to convince anyone to take a leap before knowing or seeing the cabs.

In fact 4 people in this thread (myself included) have said if you're not happy with the sale terms don't buy one and 2 have said they wouldn't buy one for similar reasons to which you pointed out earlier.

Alright guess you guys are correct. one goes by what the rest of the community says by their experinece and maybe thats why one goes and takes the leap before knowing and seeing how he does business and going thru it and trusting the person. Its the excitement of buying a candy cab you can't come acros yet that you have been looking for that makes you go for it and the sales person pushing you saying that its just how everyone does it here.
But o well you guys just gave the guy more reason to keep doing bussiness how he has and gave him more power to be right and not make up for what he sold me.
Ill go and leave my review at the feedback section.
So you want perfect , clean machines that are nearly twenty years old being shipped overseas and you want to take your pick of them with detailed pictures of each machine BEFORE putting any money down.

If a vendor like this exists please give me the contact info.

:thumbup:

30736136017_ca517762f9_n.jpg

Overall he is providing a service to the community and most would probably agree they would not want to see him run off from here.
Umm no, this isn't a service, it's a business and should be run as such, He isn't doing you any favours, he is making a living and by that token run it properly as a business letting people know what's being sold.

Mc Donalds isn't a service, are they doing you a favour by selling you that cheeseburger? They tell you what they are selling, how much it is, and what it looks like and then give you that product as expected. Is anyone happy to walk into a restaurant and blindly get a mystery meal and pay for it and be happy with it?

I can agree that dealing with this guy was not easy, asked him about a board that he was selling and what version it was and couldn't even get an answer out of him apart from Street fighter II like wtf there are a ton of versions. Asked for a picture of the board to get a look at it and I literally got a picture taken with a potato that was so blurry it was useless.

I don't want to do business with people that don't commit to informing someone about what they are selling. Understand most of the cabs he hasn't seen but there are limits to selling stuff with no info.

People here are just enabling this shit by saying that he doesn't need to buy from him. If any other member posted something that said ie. "Board for sale Dodonpachi, will get it in a month, no pics used condition". Or Honda Accord for sale used no other info. Everyone would tear them a new asshole for it.

Last edited:
If any other member posted something that said ie. "Board for sale Dodonpachi, will get it in a month, no pics"..... Everyone would tear them a new asshole for it.
If the price was low enough and the seller had a good track record people would line up to buy that without complaint.

Hey there is always options out there, try out Yaton, coinopexpress and random eBay seller from China.

If any other member posted something that said ie. "Board for sale Dodonpachi, will get it in a month, no pics"..... Everyone would tear them a new asshole for it.
If the price was low enough and the seller had a good track record people would line up to buy that without complaint.
Perfect example of this was the stool thread a few weeks ago. I wanted to purchase 10 of them and held off because the only photo supplied was not of the ones being sold and was potato quality at best. The stools still sold, because they were a good price. Thirsty folks dictate this market unfortunately and for every one or two smart shoppers, there are 20 who will buy sight unseen.

This is a fine line to walk. @Mitsurugi-w and @Darksoftshould probably have a guideline for the market that pictures are required. They also run the risk of the seller just up and leaving. I've seen the sorched earth policy decimate a forum marketplace and it sucks.

At the current state, it's up to the buyer to do their reasearch. I've seen a very sideways transaction and some very odd business practices with this seller in person and I've seen some decent ones pan out as well here. The buyer should be doing their research and if they're not willing to take a gamble, look elsewhere. This isn't the only game in town, but it is the most affordable.

Not having pictures sucks but I've also bought plenty of PCBs (and even a cab) sight unseen because I trusted the seller and it was something that I'd been hunting for for ages and didn't want to miss the opportunity.

If you're buying a "Honda Accord" at market value with no pictures or details you're stupid even if you fully trust the seller because it's a really common item and the value varies enormously depending on the details.

On the other hand I wouldn't bat an eye at buying arcade stools at 1/3rd market value with no pictures or details. As long as they're in good condition the details about them has minimal impact on their value and they're a hard enough item to find that if you DONT jump on them you might be waiting another 6 months to a year before you get another opportunity. Trusting the seller is important though, because if they say they're in "good condition" you need to be able to trust that without pictures.

Honestly I'd rather not regulate stuff like "sale posts must have pictures" because they're just going to take their business to another forum and now those that are willing to take the risk are going to lose out on those opportunities.

It's a used marketplace, buying used goods is always risky. The forum isn't here to coddle and protect people from their own bad decisions. I'd say leave people to make their own risk/value assessments on the things they buy.

Not having pictures sucks but I've also bought plenty of PCBs (and even a cab) sight unseen because I trusted the seller and it was something that I'd been hunting for for ages and didn't want to miss the opportunity.

If you're buying a "Honda Accord" at market value with no pictures or details you're stupid even if you fully trust the seller because it's a really common item and the value varies enormously depending on the details.

On the other hand I wouldn't bat an eye at buying arcade stools at 1/3rd market value with no pictures or details. As long as they're in good condition the details about them has minimal impact on their value and they're a hard enough item to find that if you DONT jump on them you might be waiting another 6 months to a year before you get another opportunity. Trusting the seller is important though, because if they say they're in "good condition" you need to be able to trust that without pictures.

Honestly I'd rather not regulate stuff like "sale posts must have pictures" because they're just going to take their business to another forum and now those that are willing to take the risk are going to lose out on those opportunities.

It's a used marketplace, buying used goods is always risky. The forum isn't here to coddle and protect people from their own bad decisions. I'd say leave people to make their own risk/value assessments on the things they buy.
I totally see where you're coming from. I'll buy stuff from you, @rewrite, @Derick2k and a few other folks here without pictures because I trust I'll get a good description of the item. Can't say that about everyone though, which is why I suggested it's up to the buyer to do a little research.

I had a client buy from KC and in the end he did make things right. I agree with @The Spaniard , its a business and should be run as such. I know these cabinets can be a pain to get as I've been apart of group buys and dealt with tons of vendors and manufacturers during my Arcade days, in my private collection, and acquiring cabs for clients not via forums. I am also very patient with ppl, my client and I worked with KC over 2 months to resolve an issue with a Vewlix L purchased that had a hacked broadcast monitor inside it.

I have been professional with him in PMs and gave him the advice that he should be looking over these cabs when they come in thoroughly to reduce issues. I even gave my client instructions to give KC on removing the shroud on a Vewlix as he stated he has never removed one. This site is different than others and I treat it as such, as professionally as possible. KC in the end, after spending 2 months patiently awaiting a proper used Taito monitor. KC simply insulted me after my advice, stating I didn't know anything about Vewlix Cabs, even though I have been working on them for many years. He even created a thread on the forum with the hacked broadcast monitor asking members here if it was a proper Vewlix monitor as he didn't believe me.

@PlayYing Nothing is perfect unless it arrives unharmed and new. However, there have been and are vendors out there that do thoroughly look over their cabinets before sale, do general or even full cleaning, if sticks and buttons are worn, they are replaced with new. Some have panel options available, etc. That is where you are paying a little more for that extra service and attention. You do not get a game pcb with it, however it has everything ready to go, no missing I/O, harness, etc.

KC's model is clearly high volume, and high speed. It make sense for his business model that he would want to line up sellers before shipments arrived, and he's not likely not producing pictures because he's probably buying these cabs blind himself from his own "trusted" suppliers.

If you want a fully inspected and vetted cab that's already available in the country then you can buy from Ken at the Game Room, but you'll be paying double KC's prices for that extra level of service because it takes time and space to shop a cab which adds cost. It's a great option for people who want a player ready cab and if that's the kind of buyer you are then KC might not be the best supplier for you. Some of us Iike to buy cheap neglected cabs and fix them up (myself included) and for that KC's stuff is usually a good fit.

My personal experience with KC has been great thus far, out of 9 cabs I have bought from him only 1 really had issues that surprised me when I got it, and even that was on me for not checking over the pictures he sent me closely enough (cosmetic issues). Do I wish he had pointed those out, sure, but to be fair, their were in the pictures he sent right there in front of my face, lol. Any other things I may have had an issue with he has resolved, does it take him a bit to get it done, sure. Could he communicate a bit better, sure, sometimes we all can.

On a side note, I have bought stuff from members here, KLOV, etc...without pics, overall good experiences, but some really bad ones. So lets just say that now I ask for pics from members I havent dealt with before. I take great pride is selling stuff exactly as I describe them, and take care to pack them well.

KC's model is clearly high volume, and high speed. It make sense for his business model that he would want to line up sellers before shipments arrived, and he's not likely not producing pictures because he's probably buying these cabs blind himself from his own "trusted" suppliers.

If you want a fully inspected and vetted cab that's already available in the country then you can buy from Ken at the Game Room, but you'll be paying double KC's prices for that extra level of service because it takes time and space to shop a cab which adds cost. It's a great option for people who want a player ready cab and if that's the kind of buyer you are then KC might not be the best supplier for you. Some of us Iike to buy cheap neglected cabs and fix them up (myself included) and for that KC's stuff is usually a good fit.
Aye, very well put and I explained this to my client as he purchased off ebay without taking my advice. Yrs ago through me, he purchased an E2 I got with my own from Matsu and that is an entire different lvl of service. Really the only issue on this was the monitor as it wasn't as described in the ebay listing, original and working.

My Honda Accord example was just a random example, could be said for anything replace Honda Accord with NSX or something. Either way the item being sold doesn't matter, describe your stuff accurately and offer and offer a way for buyers to make an informed decision, not this bullshit cab type xyz here 2 weeks.
I had a client buy from KC and in the end he did make things right. I agree with @The Spaniard , its a business and should be run as such. I know these cabinets can be a pain to get as I've been apart of group buys and dealt with tons of vendors and manufacturers during my Arcade days, in my private collection, and acquiring cabs for clients not via forums. I am also very patient with ppl, my client and I worked with KC over 2 months to resolve an issue with a Vewlix L purchased that had a hacked broadcast monitor inside it.

I have been professional with him in PMs and gave him the advice that he should be looking over these cabs when they come in thoroughly to reduce issues. I even gave my client instructions to give KC on removing the shroud on a Vewlix as he stated he has never removed one. This site is different than others and I treat it as such, as professionally as possible. KC in the end, after spending 2 months patiently awaiting a proper used Taito monitor. KC simply insulted me after my advice, stating I didn't know anything about Vewlix Cabs, even though I have been working on them for many years. He even created a thread on the forum with the hacked broadcast monitor asking members here if it was a proper Vewlix monitor as he didn't believe me.

@PlayYing Nothing is perfect unless it arrives unharmed and new. However, there have been and are vendors out there that do thoroughly look over their cabinets before sale, do general or even full cleaning, if sticks and buttons are worn, they are replaced with new. Some have panel options available, etc. That is where you are paying a little more for that extra service and attention. You do not get a game pcb with it, however it has everything ready to go, no missing I/O, harness, etc.
What I got from seeing the threads here listed by KC is that he has no knowledge of arcades at all or very little of it. I feel that he is just an opportunist who had a business contact selling cabs and idea that he could create and run with.

You will note that his business model is not arcade related but purely logistics with him being the middle and end seller at the same time by buying and straight up shipping cabs out without testing or looking them over. Not even knowing your product and inspecting it makes no business sense and is unprofessional.

Not even knowing your product and inspecting it makes no business sense
Not for nothing but if his current business model works so well it has him selling out his inventory before it even arrives I'd say it makes perfect business sense.

To tack onto what @twistedsymphony said, KC is a one man operation. And he has experience in selling coin-op. At auction, on eBay, on forums. He's not a collector. He's not an op, or a repair tech. He doesn't play the games. Not knowing a version of SF2 makes sense through that lens. Especially since he isn't in the habit of selling boards by themselves, just cabs.

I think I'm at 7? Cabs from KC. I had two issues. Once an IO was missing in a Vewlix, I called him up and was told to come grab one. He gave me one and even tossed in a marquee holder. The other we realized that the E3 I bought had a Sega panel sat on it and not an Egret panel. He knocked off enough for me to get a brand new repro from Alberto. Sure, it was more trouble than picking up one that had the panel, but now it has a brand new repro panel.

KC has always made good on any issues with me. And he's a genuinely nice guy.

I appreciate the kind words @DecepticonZero. I have a habit of listing things without pictures while they're on my mind and then I snag them either when I remember while the lighting is good (my overhead lighting situation is abysmal but my window game is 10/10), or when someone reminds me and they'd like to see them.

And I've definitely taken on @Derick2k 's purchasing and sales philosophy the past few years. If they can't provide a pic for some reason, or the item will have fierce competition before a pic even gets posted, I put an incredibly detailed description of the item in the PayPal payment comments and keep all correspondence. Sometimes an item is uncommon enough or at a great enough price you'd lose out by waiting for the pics.

@ReplicaX omigosh Matsu is the one of the nicest people who you could ever meet. I have bought a few of his cabs over the years and had the pleasure of meeting him a few times since moving to CA. I kept buying up his project cabs after I got out here and he's even apologetic about them not working despite that being what I wanted.

Not for nothing but if his current business model works so well it has him selling out his inventory before it even arrives I'd say it makes perfect business sense.
It makes business sense for him but from a customer facing side not so much but it's also due to maybe a majority of people on here knowing their stuff whilst others may not and that can be frustrating.

It's seems for the most part that he probably isn't the worst or dodgy seller out there and there are probably worse but there are issues that as customers or potential customers dealing with him could be worked on and improved.

He did't get a sale from me cause I guess he didn't want to put in the effort to describe what he was selling, if he is ok with not maximising his sales that's on him.

KC is a good source for seasoned ppl that know what they are getting into and have the knowledge to do so. My client who is someone that just wants cabs to play on and utilizes my services for maintenance or someone brand new to the hobby really should buy from someone providing a full service.

Back