SBZack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need this little latch. I need 2 of them

Attachments

• lock latch.jpg
    lock latch.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 64
Ditto... I have a mostly working solution I jerry rigged together, but would love an actual part.

I can reproduce this easy enough- but as others are saying- pretty sure Taito stocks them. It would benefit a bunch of you fellas to get together and get all the parts you need- get one package from japan and ship a bunch of them out when it lands stateside. They take wire transfer.

I can reproduce this easy enough- but as others are saying- pretty sure Taito stocks them. It would benefit a bunch of you fellas to get together and get all the parts you need- get one package from japan and ship a bunch of them out when it lands stateside. They take wire transfer.
I’m traveling right now, but if someone in the US were to do a group order, put me down for one.

Back from my travels (went to see Rifftrax live) and got the following information from Taito.

E3018358Z LOCK PLATE(CONTROL PANEL) @JPY5880 -In stock
Shipping charge JPY8000 via UPS

Kindly note if your order amount is less than JPY10000, we have to add a handling fee JPY10000.

So, $42.87 USD per unit with $58.33 shipping and a minimum order of $72.91 by my calculations (someone check my math). Forty three dollars is a lot for a small bit of metal... and would need to get at least two of them to meet the minimum order. So what do we all think?

Back from my travels (went to see Rifftrax live) and got the following information from Taito.

So, $42.87 USD per unit with $58.33 shipping and a minimum order of $72.91 by my calculations (someone check my math). Forty three dollars is a lot for a small bit of metal... and would need to get at least two of them to meet the minimum order. So what do we all think?

Yes, that is completely accurate; hence, only buy from taito if you cannot get it elsewhere.

Holy moly surely just 3d print one out of PETG unless you're an arcade

Holy moly surely just 3d print one out of PETG unless you're an arcade

To add to this, I had an 'S' shaped cam in my lock picking miscellaneous pile that works fairly well. I have no specs on it, but I bet we could figure out a place to get some more...

IMG_1299.jpg

I am also looking for one of these pieces or if anyone knows the measurements of a DIY tang that would work also.

I might have some of the above- if the fella above can take some measurements, I can compare to make sure and you fellas can DM me to grab one. Seems like the quickest, cheaper option.

Alternatively, I can fabricate- but they're likely to be a similar price to the Taito (30-50 ea) just based on the time it'll take- but I think I can simplify the design a little for time/cost so who knows.

Thanks!

I might have some of the above- if the fella above can take some measurements, I can compare to make sure and you fellas can DM me to grab one. Seems like the quickest, cheaper option.

Alternatively, I can fabricate- but they're likely to be a similar price to the Taito (30-50 ea) just based on the time it'll take- but I think I can simplify the design a little for time/cost so who knows.

Thanks!
I can try to do some measurements this weekend. I do now have original locks, but am still using a makeshift cam.

If you manage to recreate one id buy one for sure. I will try to pull one of the others that I own to measure. Would a standard tape measurer be accurate enough?

If you manage to recreate one id buy one for sure. I will try to pull one of the others that I own to measure. Would a standard tape measurer be accurate enough?
I’ve got some good digital calipers I’ll use.

OK, here's what I have.

The 'S' cam is about 50mm in length and 19mm wide with a 7mm 'S' curve mid way through it.
IMG_1417.jpgIMG_1418.jpgIMG_1419.jpg

The lock is about 17.5mm in depth. This is a standard LY-1153 lock as would originally be on the hardware.
IMG_1420.jpg

No washers or other spacers outside of the cam lock are used.
IMG_1416.jpg

OK, here's what I have.
The 'S' cam is about 50mm in length and 19mm wide with a 7mm 'S' curve mid way through it.
IMG_1417.jpgIMG_1418.jpgIMG_1419.jpg

The lock is about 17.5mm in depth. This is a standard LY-1153 lock as would originally be on the hardware.
IMG_1420.jpg

No washers or other spacers outside of the cam lock are used.
IMG_1416.jpg
So I have 2 exactly like this. I can also reproduce the original. DM if anybody needs these bits!

Back