What's new
Posted this on another thread, but maybe it makes more sense here. Can you mix and match any A board and an appropriate C board? I might have access to just an A and I could get one of those C boards off of Ebay.

I just purchased Captain Commando A+B+C boards from eBay. For what I gathered this should be compatible. Can someone verify?
20210130_003140_50.png
20210130_003111_50.png

With the multi - I assume we can easily swap out the battery on the C-board to a new one - since the keys are rewritten by the multi? (not worrying about suiciding the board, in other words).

Matt

I feel like that board is pretending to be "OK" it looks like its been to hell and back!

I just purchased Captain Commando A+B+C boards from eBay. For what I gathered this should be compatible. Can someone verify?
20210130_003140_50.png
20210130_003111_50.png
I sure hope that was sold as a conversion, even though the stickers are screaming not original. That is not the "right" C board for captain commando. But as people have said, the plan now is to support all versions of the C Board?

I feel like that board is pretending to be "OK" it looks like its been to hell and back!
I've seen much much worse.

I sure hope that was sold as a conversion, even though the stickers are screaming not original. That is not the "right" C board for captain commando. But as people have said, the plan now is to support all versions of the C Board?

I've seen much much worse.
Doh!

I already knew who the seller was based on the stickers and handwriting... but I went and did a sold items search on ebay to confirm my suspicions. and dang it, it's sold on ebay without the words conversion, reproduction, or remanufacture. Yes buyer beware... but with the Capcom names on the pcb silkscreen I could easily see how someone who isn't familiar with the hardware could bid up something like this... it did sell for a pretty typical conversion price, but I am positive this seller intentionally is marketing these products this way. I am strongly urged to create a negative feedback thread about him... but since I did not purchase the board myself I feel like I would be overstepping my rights.

I already knew who the seller was based on the stickers and handwriting... but I went and did a sold items search on ebay to confirm my suspicions. and dang it, it's sold on ebay without the words conversion, reproduction, or remanufacture. Yes buyer beware... but with the Capcom names on the pcb silkscreen I could easily see how someone who isn't familiar with the hardware could bid up something like this... it did sell for a pretty typical conversion price, but I am positive this seller intentionally is marketing these products this way. I am strongly urged to create a negative feedback thread about him... but since I did not purchase the board myself I feel like I would be overstepping my rights.
I wasn't interested in the game. Just wanted a A and C board. I figured the roms are fakes on the B board and there some corrosion on the board I didnt notice. I was in a hurry to buy a board and got all excited. Tried to cancel but too late. It won't happen again. I bought another board with a 50 in 1. I'm sure most on here won't approve but I plan on buying Darksofts multi to replace it and wanted something for now. Great way to spend some stimulus $$$.
Screenshot_20210204-132050_eBay.jpg

was dusting off my old CPS1 board for this to check out and I noticed this damaged component. The game still works fine as far as I can tell. What is the component? Do I need to replace and where can I source the replacement?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 133
It's a resistor array and will be connected to your 3P or kick harness connections. Not fixing it will mean one or more of your buttons may not work.

These connections are supplied externally on the DS multi B board so not as much of an issue.

seems like a simple enough replacement does anyone have a part number?

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks to me like a 4.7KΩ array so anything in the right SIP package should work.

I picked up a few battery-backed C-boards from @drfunk2k (thanks brutha) a while back. Should I look at replacing the batteries at all in preparation for multi?

If so, anyone know a part number for a suitable replacement for that battery?

99% sure it's a standard CR2032 with tabs attached. No clue if the multi needs the battery or not.

Back