What's new
99% sure it's a standard CR2032 with tabs attached. No clue if the multi needs the battery or not.
Looks like it.

C-Board_Battery.jpg

So, should it even be replaced? Is it lithium rechargeable? If not, should be dead by now. Don't suppose there would be any danger in damaging key integrity with the multi if replaced. Knowing the multi shall have key insertion functionality.

Yes! Both 10 and 12Mhz boards are compatible, just make sure that the Audio section in the A Board is populated. If the board comes from a CPS1.5 Board it won't be populated as it uses Qsound.
Are there any hard to find parts needed to populate the audio section of a 1.5 A board? I’m sitting on 2 of them I had earmarked for the multi and hate to not use them.

Guys, is anyone who knows if a C board like "92641C-1" can be used on Three Wonders (world or jap pcbs) who is using a 90630C-4 C board ?
So far i understand the Infinikey process, but i'm wondering if it's any chance get working results by using 92641C-1 in Three Wonders / Wonders 3 !

Thank you in advance for your precious time !

Picked up one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284267824466
(not affiliated in any way, but saw these while poking around and thought of this thread)

They look a little rough, but should do the job.
Following up, the one I ordered from here arrived and looks better than anticipated. A weird bodge wire to ground on the B-21 chip, but I think that's fairly common.
IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

A weird bodge wire to ground on the B-21 chip, but I think that's fairly common.
that looks like this was at one point modified to NOT use a battery, and then the modification was undone.

I wouldn't call that common. a Bunch of these were modified for non-battery use because that's what people wanted for conversions. Then when the multi was announced as wanting a battery backed board, they went though and undid the modification on their stock because that's what people started searching for.

Just nabbed mine from Sheep Nova it looks brand new! Now the wait continues.... BWahahahaha!

Nice one @StalkS — I thought you meant an “A” Board. Multi ready!!

So just making a quick check-in; I was only able to get a hold of carrier airwing for cps1. I then bought 92641C-1 from sheep-nova. Will I be good to go? What about the crystal difference of 10 MHz vs 12 MHz?

As posted here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cps1-multi-official-thread.16259/post-286693
I think I can finally shed some light on this. Our goal was to make it compatible with any c board and thanks to @Apocalypse we know how to do this. Adding support for something different than B-21 will make the kit unnecessarily expensive and will delay the project at least 2 months. For that reason and not to delay this longer we will support C Boards with B21. More info will be given soon.

I'm sure this has been hashed out a hundred times, but just to confirm - the info in the first post in this thread is up to date?

Gotcha, gotcha. I'm still trying to source a setup for this. Should I continue to look for a B-21 board, or has that piece changed? Any info is much appreciated, sorry to be a pain in the butt!

Back