What's new
For Sale
The part at the bottom about separating the base parts is where we got stuck. They are rusted to shit and simply refuse to move, truly frozen. I'm nervous about cutting them because I don't want to damage the machine. But I am giving it another try this weekend with better rust remover.
Are you sure you removed all screws? There are sets of them on the left and right sides (in vertical orientation) and left, right and back sides of the base (horizontal). There’s also the ones on the monitor frame. Mine came apart super easily with no effort after removing all screws, so just making sure you found all of them.

Are you sure you removed all screws? There are sets of them on the left and right sides (in vertical orientation) and left, right and back sides of the base (horizontal). There’s also the ones on the monitor frame. Mine came apart super easily with no effort after removing all screws, so just making sure you found all of them.

These are the ones that wouldn't come out. Are you saying there are others screws that, if I remove first, will make removing these way easier? In the link you dropped it even says:

Almost there. But this last step's the worst. You need to separate the two halves of the base section. There are screws around the bottom at the back and also running up the sides as shown here. These can be extremely stubborn. You'll need a large, quality screwdriver or bits. I battled with some of mine for over an hour using a range of tools and brute force. In the end I had to resort to cutting the last two.

So I presume I just have an extra-difficult case of that.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 135
These are the ones that wouldn't come out. Are you saying there are others screws that, if I remove first, will make removing these way easier? In the link you dropped it even says:

You're gonna have a bad time if you remove attempt and succeed on removing those screws while the monitor is in.

Take the monitor out before you continue. Then get a dewalt impact driver, #2 JIS bit & bit extension to remove them. You'll thank me later.

The money pit continues. At least I'll have more tools in the garage. Appreciate the insight fellas.

And, back on topic, I'll update on how the screens look later. Overall positive review for Yaton here.

Oh I see, I misunderstood the previous message, sorry. I thought you already removed all screws. Mine were hard, but not too bad, although I ended with some blisters on one hand haha.

Hope others’ suggestions help. You’ll get there! 😉

钱坑还在继续。至少我会在车库里有更多的工具。欣赏有识之士。

而且,回到主题,我稍后会更新屏幕的外观。这里对 Yaton 的总体正面评价。
吨hanks your
The money pit continues. At least I'll have more tools in the garage. Appreciate the insight fellas.

And, back on topic, I'll update on how the screens look later. Overall positive review for Yaton here.
thanks your purchased my cabs and to me a positive feedback. also then you refurbishing need any small parts let me know. i will free you and you just pay shipping fee .thanks again .james

Based on photos of your cab, I'd recommend giving it a proper wash/cleaning as well as some good metal polishing.

Bought a snk u4 from yaton (james)
He did everything and good communication as well when it needed

All is good. Hope deal again with him.

Best regard from france

吨hanks your

thanks your purchased my cabs and to me a positive feedback. also then you refurbishing need any small parts let me know. i will free you and you just pay shipping fee .thanks again .james
James, you been avoiding me on Facebook. You still haven't given me my 1k refund. I have been asking you for it for a month now. Please answer me.

Take the monitor out before you continue. Then get a dewalt impact driver, #2 JIS bit & bit extension to remove them. You'll thank me later.
Hello. I am here to thank you later. This comment saved me an unbelievable amount of time. My wife's cousin brought his impact driver over, I had the bit ordered on amazon, and it just worked.

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 119
I like the games you're rocking. Vertical Collapse and Nothing Connected.
I don't have any arcade hardware to connect at the moment, got a Mistercade currently in the mail. And this is how I learn one of the CRTs has an issue huh? Well, more shit to fix.

Last edited:
I like the games you're rocking. Vertical Collapse and Nothing Connected.
LOL !! I am still laughing out loud!

I don't have any arcade hardware to connect at the moment, got a Mistercade currently in the mail. And this is how I learn one of the CRTs has an issue huh? Well, more shit to fix.
Don't wanna be a negative Nancy but if you don't like fixing shit you are in for a world of hurt in this hobby. The amount of tools you are gonna need and expertise you are gonna need to know to maintain these is only the beginning. I can smell the nicotine tar on those cabs from here. They could have used a good cleaning before moving them inside. Are you ok with the possibility of 30 year old cockroach and spider carcasses inside your cabinet inside your home? Also if you haven't already there are a ton of restoration threads on these forums which will help you troubleshoot these issues and prepare you for what's ahead. Vertical collapse will require pulling the monitor and chassis so it can be repaired.

LOL !! I am still laughing out loud!

Don't wanna be a negative Nancy but if you don't like fixing shit you are in for a world of hurt in this hobby. The amount of tools you are gonna need and expertise you are gonna need to know to maintain these is only the beginning. I can smell the nicotine tar on those cabs from here. They could have used a good cleaning before moving them inside. Are you ok with the possibility of 30 year old cockroach and spider carcasses inside your cabinet inside your home? Also if you haven't already there are a ton of restoration threads on these forums which will help you troubleshoot these issues and prepare you for what's ahead. Vertical collapse will require pulling the monitor and chassis so it can be repaired.

I took them apart fully to get them into my office, and while it was in pieces I scrubbed the whole thing with rust remover. I did find 30 year old cobwebs :). I don't mind challenging myself with stuff I don't know how to fix, because my drive to not have broken shit instead of my office forces me to learn new things! I will definitely be looking at the restoration threads--I'm posting mostly in response to others here in Yaton's thread and trying to loop it back around to a 'buyer experience' so new people (like me!) will know what they're in for if they buy from this seller.

I considered painting them/hardcore scrubbing the outside before bringing them in, but I'd rather leave that to a professional if I resell.

Back