What's new
Those ram are also good for the namco boards system 11 / 12 they do die normally of rust / leg rot.

The other ram that may be needed is much harder to find: KM48V2104AT
8 is needed for the work ram, Mr Guru says there's no change to resistors / caps for that one but i'm still skeptical.
I would not worry about the work ram upgrade until PR2 is loading up to some extent in real hardware....
Yeah...I won't have to worry about that....PR2 aint gonna be my thing. Checked it out at Galloping Ghost, and will be just fine letting that one go.

I know its a big deal for lots of other people though...so I hope parts can be sourced.

I was sick of waiting, so I called out of (lame) work today to finish my boards up...
DWKz0PN.jpg

kZ7ZkwH.jpg

With ALL three PCBs finally soldered its time to work with @ekorz on the ROMs/chips. :D
decoupling caps no ?

decoupling caps no ?

Best to quick test first to check for soldering errors on the connector, and after add the bypass caps and check again. This way there's less to fault find!

EDIT: make a mistake on the bypass / power rails and it's boom

Attachments

• t1hkVDc_d.jpg
    t1hkVDc_d.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
V2!
3 flying wires!! I don't think it can go any lower :P

Bad news for any larger bios rom, 27c322 won't work.
From now going forward, i think the bios can go on a connector for simplicity - 3 wires is not as important to keep it in place.

V3 Fixes will be:
2nd half dip bank working + spot for missing RA's

Attachments

• IMAG0406[1].jpg
    IMAG0406[1].jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 170
Forgive my ignorance, but, what's the goal of this project?

Forgive my ignorance, but, what's the goal of this project?
I suspect its slightly different for everyone, if you are asking me personally?
  • I don't want to pay taxed out prices for single boards that basically run on the same hardware/platform.
  • I would like this work to potentially lead to some type of multi or bank switching top board.
  • I want to support @Hammy work, so he continues to bring us fun projects like this one in the future.

I suspect its slightly different for everyone, if you are asking me personally?
  • I don't want to pay taxed out prices for single boards that basically run on the same hardware/platform.
  • I would like this work to potentially lead to some type of multi or bank switching top board.
  • I want to support @Hammy work, so he continues to bring us fun projects like this one in the future.
Thanks for the explanation! Makes full sense now!!!

This is so exciting and now that I have a good donor board, I'm really looking forward to the finished product. Thank you for your hard work!

(Alucard voice) I’m interested in this. More specifically the zn2 multi

Back