What's new
I'm debating whether I should make a case for the HAS when I eventually get it, do you think something like this would work?

AfNXth5.jpg

Quick question:
I have the HAS with a few UD Decoders and friends that bring their own fightsticks to play ST. I was wondering is it safe to unplug and plug controllers while the HAS is powered on?

For instance: if one person is done playing, can they unplug their fightstick and another person plug in theirs if they want to jump in?
Yeah, that's standard operation for tournaments (people using their own controllers). Unplugging the entire decoder shouldn't hurt anything either, but not necessary.
-ud

I'm debating whether I should make a case for the HAS when I eventually get it, do you think something like this would work?

AfNXth5.jpg
Should work fine in theory but I prefer a modular approach as I have quite a few arcade computers/hardware/etc. I found that while the block terminal decoders work alright the terminals can be tedious about holding wires in depending on how thick the gauge is of what you use. For myself I use the DB-15 to USB plugs and then a standard USB extension mount like this https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Leader-Panel-Mount-Type-Female/dp/B00UGLOFR2/

There's a ton of panel mounts like that just have to search around. I use a pass-through B plug for JVS and A plugs for the decoders as an example

With regards to power I keep my power supply separate and use power strips as some of my games require 4-5 things being plugged in at once and having to flip all those switches every time gets obnoxious.

I'd also suggest looking into a JAMMA harness extender. After my last one died a horrible death I purchased one from Mike's arcade shop - https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAMMAEXT and it's probably the best extender I've ever received in terms of build quality. If you go with Mike be sure to ask for him to populate 25/26/AC/AD (buttons 4/5 on the edge connector) as he only populates the pins necessary for the JAMMA standard.

Quick question:
I have the HAS with a few UD Decoders and friends that bring their own fightsticks to play ST. I was wondering is it safe to unplug and plug controllers while the HAS is powered on?

For instance: if one person is done playing, can they unplug their fightstick and another person plug in theirs if they want to jump in?
Yeah, that's standard operation for tournaments (people using their own controllers). Unplugging the entire decoder shouldn't hurt anything either, but not necessary.-ud
Thanks for the clarification ud. My initial assumption was the: "standard operation for tournament", but wanted to know before switching out the controllers while the setup is on.

Could you advise me, what's complet set can buy with the HAS, I will use it with CPS1,CPS2, Shinobi....maybe later MVS and CPS 3. I have PS2 stick HRAP and OSSC.

I assume that:

- CPS2 kick harness
- SCART to 2xRCA and 8pin mini DIN adapter

- PS2 adpter or xbox 360

- PSU

- RGB scart output cable

is it right? missing something?
What's kind of PSU could you advise me and RGB cable in the link?
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=92_165

Could you advise me, what's complet set can buy with the HAS, I will use it with CPS1,CPS2, Shinobi....maybe later MVS and CPS 3. I have PS2 stick HRAP and OSSC.

I assume that:

- CPS2 kick harness
- SCART to 2xRCA and 8pin mini DIN adapter

- PS2 adpter or xbox 360

- PSU

- RGB scart output cable

is it right? missing something?
What's kind of PSU could you advise me and RGB cable in the link?
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=92_165
Based on what i read and show i just grabbed one like this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Happ-15-AM...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) because i'm intend to use it with HAS and with Cps1 (when will be released) , Cps2 , Taito F3 DS multikits.
In the meantime ... here are other products recommanded :

- https://www.meanwelldirect.co.uk/pr...-2/104w-ac-dc-triple-output-for-video-game-5/
- Avoid this -> https://www.meanwelldirect.co.uk/products/104w-ac-dc-triple-output-for-video-game-3/

i will see in future what things i will must grabbed for complete this adventure :saint:

Last edited:
I Have a special version, a 1.5 with digital audio chip add on via HDMI. uptodate.
So if you have a OSSC that can encode audio, you should only need the 8pin mini-din to SCART cable for connecting the HAS to the OSSC.
However if that "special" OSSC demands audio be supplied via 3.5mm audio input only (and not over SCART head)...
You'll then need to add a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable to the mix, it will connect directly to the HAS and OSSC in addition to the SCART cable.

What the best way to hook up the cps2 or MVS stereo to HAS? The 3.5mm jack is just output right?

I Have a special version, a 1.5 with digital audio chip add on via HDMI. uptodate.
So if you have a OSSC that can encode audio, you should only need the 8pin mini-din to SCART cable for connecting the HAS to the OSSC.However if that "special" OSSC demands audio be supplied via 3.5mm audio input only (and not over SCART head)...
You'll then need to add a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable to the mix, it will connect directly to the HAS and OSSC in addition to the SCART cable.
THX. Sound from scart to HDMI direct. No need other connection.

So if you have a OSSC that can encode audio, you should only need the 8pin mini-din to SCART cable for connecting the HAS to the OSSC.However if that "special" OSSC demands audio be supplied via 3.5mm audio input only (and not over SCART head)...
I have the same OSSC - 1.5 with the HDMI digital audio mod. I use the Retro Access NES SCART cable with 8 pin DIN and stereo audio 3.5 plug with my HAS and it works great.

https://retro-access.com/collection...-stereo-rgb-scart-lead-for-rgb-upgrade-boards

Same for a stereo modded MVS.
Could depend on the mod, so I was intentionally silent on this point.I run my Neo-Geo in mono via JAMMA edge only so meh... CPS2/3 are RCA stereo all the way! :)
You’re right, so let me rephrase my sentence: same for a line-out level stereo modded MVS. :D

Anyway my point is that HAS Supergun gets mono audio from the Jamma edge and outputs mono line-out level sound on the 8 pin mini DIN connector and/or 3.5mm audio jack. So if you want stereo sound on your OSSC (or CRT TV or whatever) you have:
  1. Get somehow line-out level stereo sound from the arcade board
  2. Route that line-out stereo sound into the SCART connector plugged in the OSSC, completely bypassing HAS Supergun, i.e. using something like this
    5vw8q7Z.jpg

Regards.

Locutus73

You don't need to feed the OSSC 1.6 audio over SCART... So I doubt you need to do that with the 1.5+audio.

You see it has a 3.5mm input, so yea bypass the HAS but no need to reinsert audio into a SCART chain. Just take it directly from the arcade PCB.

You don't need to feed the OSSC 1.6 audio over SCART... So I doubt you need to do that with the 1.5+audio.

You see it has a 3.5mm input, so yea bypass the HAS but no need to reinsert audio into a SCART chain. Just take it directly from the arcade PCB.
I might be wrong, but I recall reading that you must feed audio through SCART (if you use AV1 SCART input); the 3.5mm input is for other inputs (VGA and component).

[EDIT]
From the Quick Start Guide:
When using OSSC 1.5 or earlier with an audio expansion board, any audio fed in via AV1 or the3.5mm audio connector will be digitised no matter which video input is selected. For OSSC 1.6, the appropriate audio input will be used depending on the active video input.

So it seems you’re right (using 3.5mm instead of SCART) if we’re talking about OSSC 1.5 or earlier, while I’m right (you must use SCART for audio) with 1.6.

Regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:
Back