What's new
Hey just wanting to make sure this theory is sound but if I put an extra long cable on my JVS plug. I can use my multi to jumpstart suicided boards right?

Should be able to:
  1. Replace the battery on my suicided game
  2. Load a copy of the suicided game on my multi
  3. Set up 2 superguns next to each other
  4. Connect the cable to my suicided game from my multi
  5. Power both on at the same time
  6. Power off
  7. Remove JVS connector from suicided game
  8. Power on my now de-suicided game

Which cable are you connecting to the suicided game from your multi in step 4?

To use the multi to desuicide a board you need to:

1) Remove all EPROMs from suicided board
2) Install new battery to suicided board
3) Install multi kit onto suicided board
4) Connect A+B to supergun
5) Flash required game and program keys to suicided board

Alternatively I have the Arduino setup for desuiciding boards and I can do it for you if you want to send it up.

Edit: Oh you mean just the programming wires through the CN2/CN9 connector on the second board. That might work but it's going to be a scary looking setup on the bench lol - I don't quite understand what the JVS connector is for, is it powering one of your 2 superguns?

Last edited:
Edit: Oh you mean just the programming wires through the CN2/CN9 connector on the second board. That might work but it's going to be a scary looking setup on the bench lol - I don't quite understand what the JVS connector is for, is it powering one of your 2 superguns?
Think of it like jumpstarting a car. I just want to swing the connector from the multi over to the dead board for one boot up.

I would absolutely wait to hear what @Darksoft thinks, but I'm secretly hoping you just give it a try right now, for science

I'm under the impression that those 4 wires running to CN2/CN9 are explicitly for writing the keys. So it makes sense to me that you could

1) connect the DS Multi's Data/Clock/Setup1&2 to your suicide CN9 (or equivalent) connector
2) power up your DS B Board (with another A board I guess if you're using a supergun)
3) navigate to a game
4) power up your suicide board (again guessing that's what your other supergun is for)
5) press the button to select the game -- it would write the roms to the DS multi, and the keys to your suicide board
6) off

that's totally right. Those wires are just for writing the keys and you could potentially use the kit to restore any b board to its original state and then replace the multi with regular roms. Obviously a battery should be installed to ensure keys holding.

I would absolutely wait to hear what @Darksoft thinks, but I'm secretly hoping you just give it a try right now, for science

I'm under the impression that those 4 wires running to CN2/CN9 are explicitly for writing the keys. So it makes sense to me that you could

1) connect the DS Multi's Data/Clock/Setup1&2 to your suicide CN9 (or equivalent) connector
2) power up your DS B Board (with another A board I guess if you're using a supergun)
3) navigate to a game
4) power up your suicide board (again guessing that's what your other supergun is for)
5) press the button to select the game -- it would write the roms to the DS multi, and the keys to your suicide board
6) off
Every time you power on your Multi it re-flashes the key for the game you last had loaded so once you load the game you could take the plug off your multi, plug into your dead board, power them up together and were done right?

That's good information to know
f9e.gif

:thumbsup:

So, at last I am getting time to do this to my CPS2 kit. One question though: I have found online some JST 4-pin 1.25mm female connectors for cheap. Are those the right ones for connecting the multikit to the B board?

Thanks!

I have found online some JST 4-pin 1.25mm female connectors for cheap. Are those the right ones for connecting the multikit to the B board?
The connector on the B-board actually has 6pins, but because pin 1 and pin 6 are unused (at least on my revision) I was able to use a 5pin connector with one pin popped out and one pin left outside the hood (only making contact with pins 2/3/4/5).

XkbqiPy.jpg

I suspect you could do the same with your 4pin connector.

I used an 8 pin connector and cut it in half, only the 4 used pins are connected/covered and it's working great here

The connector on the B-board actually has 6pins, but because pin 1 and pin 6 are unused (at least on my revision) I was able to use a 5pin connector with one pin popped out and one pin left outside the hood (only making contact with pins 2/3/4/5).
It has six pins because the connector is rigged in a way to allow Capcom clerk to conveniently power the B board with just the security writer box. The unused pins (on CPS2 multi key writing cable) are exactly GND and +5V supply, which the Multi doesn't need to attach to because it's already connected to those through the board main bus connectors...

I've ordered some JST 4 pin sets (Pin Pitch: 2.5mm) and I think they are a bit too small, it can go through the CN9 pins halfway through then it gets super tight to the point that forcing it down may break the PCB.
Anyone got a UK link that sells the correct size JST pins with wires?

Perhaps, one idea is you buy the proper six pin connector and mount only the four middle pins with wires...

you want the JST NH series connectors for this
That's one of the problems I'm having. There are no results when I am searching for NH series.
The one I had was the XH series but turns out to be too tight. I'm just posting here to get some help before I purchase a product with holes that are either too small or too big. ;)

Back