What's new
Doesn't need to be anything plugged in if the coin pin of the second controller connector is inadvertently bridged to ground.

Could also be an issue with the microcontroller so that would be worth investigating. They have an Atmega chip on there for autofire don't they?

True - but with my other neo geo board, and all my other arcade boards (system 12, CPS2, CPS1, etc) there are no issues with the credit 2 working exactly as expected and not getting stuck depressed.

But - it could be an issue with this particular board ... so I will test on a JAMMA connector (no supergun) and see if it does the same thing.

And autofire is turned off - but I tried both on and off.

Matt

Heya!
I got my Multi MVD cart last night and I put a few ROMs on and played a few games and all was great!
Today I tried playing again and when the machine boots up I just get the test screen as though no cart was inserted.
I tried all my normal game carts and they all still play fine.
I reached out to saveyourgames.it and they said to reach out to you here.

Any help would be appreciated!

Heya!
I got my Multi MVD cart last night and I put a few ROMs on and played a few games and all was great!
Today I tried playing again and when the machine boots up I just get the test screen as though no cart was inserted.
I tried all my normal game carts and they all still play fine.
I reached out to saveyourgames.it and they said to reach out to you here.

Any help would be appreciated!
can you share a bit more details on your setup?
Which type of motherboard and bios? does it have a battery installed or not?

I did actually try to add more ROMs.
Can’t remember if I did anything to the menu though. (It was late)
Could a menu issue cause the cart to not be seen?

@Darksoft - here you go.

there is one trace by hand - and a soldered chip they had to raise off the board and put into a socket (haven't seen it before since i hadn't taken the top off. not sure if that is normal or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
so how do I fix it?
First, I'd say:
* remove microSD, take to a computer and delete file BUFF
* do a clear Backup ram from service menu
try to boot now with the microSD.
If it doesnt work, then copy the flash.img into a folder called /update and boot it
if still no change, copy the latest menu into folder called /update/menu
if still no change, copy the file top into folder /update

All needed files are here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

I tried all those steps and still no love..
I noticed the files in /update aren’t disappearing either.

I tried crying a little and that didn’t help either.

Any other suggestions?

I tried crying a little and that didn’t help either.
Then we have a problem. Try cursing :thumbsup:
I tried all those steps and still no love..
That means that there is either a problem with your microSD or the microSD slot is gone broken.

Are you using a PC or a MAC? Can you try doing a microSD check from the computer? Do you have another microsd to try?

Thanks.

I’m using a Mac.
I tried reformatting the card and no luck.
I tried another card and a MIRACLE OCCURRED!

Everything is working perfectly!

Thanks so much for the guidance!
glad that you got it workjng but....be careful with Mac as it copies some weird hidden files. Try using a tool called clean_dot that removes those problematics files.
Bottom line: if you put the microsd in a mac again, it can stop working again.

I’m using a Mac.
By the way, is there an officially supported/tested/suggested brand/model of SD?

Thank you in advance
Best regards

Locutus73

I’m using a Mac.
By the way, is there an officially supported/tested/suggested brand/model of SD?
Thank you in advance
Best regards

Locutus73
You can't go wrong with the Sandisk Ultra or Samsung EVO cards... I am using those for literally everything, mainly flashcarts and they've never failed me, or others as far as I've read until now.

Back