What's new
Its a Sega one, I think it's the same as the JAMMA 2 JVS ver A but with an amp.

8-b.jpg

No problem at all with official games.

I have the same one, but I don't use it because of the necessity to add resistors to the coin meters to get it to coin up.

Can you show us the version info nismopunch ? I.e. connect it to a NAOMI and do the JVS test from setup ?

sega_jvs_io_1.jpg

This is what is looks like on the inside, standard PCB with an extra 3V3 PSU and sound amplifier.

sega_naomi_converter.jpg

And since we're on the subject of JVS, the CAPCOM I/O version 1 does not work with the TAITO Type X / X2

Ahh I've never seen one of those I/O boards before. I'll make some adjustments and have you try with some update files. I'll try to pm you tonight.

I have the same one, but I don't use it because of the necessity to add resistors to the coin meters to get it to coin up.
Can you show us the version info nismopunch ? I.e. connect it to a NAOMI and do the JVS test from setup ?

This is what is looks like on the inside, standard PCB with an extra 3V3 PSU and sound amplifier.

And since we're on the subject of JVS, the CAPCOM I/O version 1 does not work with the TAITO Type X / X2
Thanks Rtw, I can do that later tonight and post a pic of the version. It was a pain to use the resistors, but I have a lot of JAMMA only stuff and this way I could keep my JAMMA boards happy and still use JVS stuff as well with the same setup.

Ahh I've never seen one of those I/O boards before. I'll make some adjustments and have you try with some update files. I'll try to pm you tonight.
Thanks a lot Niko! No rush, whenever you have the time.

One of the reasons why we need complete dumps is because some of the regions and features of the games are controlled by config files on drive d:\
These files are not regenerated when you start the game with an empty d:\ drive.

So if you own any of these games send me a PM and I'll arrange to get it dumped, most people can dump it themselves. All you need is:

. A USB -> SATA bridge
. Thumbscrew (A windows USB write blocker)
. WinHex
. Picture of:
disk with the disk information
dongle
lid, with game name and version

If you're a Linux person you can of course use USB->SATA and dd :)

We have dumpers in the USA, EUROPE, JAPAN and in-between. If you're short of cash we can pay for postage as well.

Please do not PM me asking for "dumps"

I may have an original SFIV - not sure which variant. I have a USB bridge. I'll PM you

Reactions: rtw
So with the resistors fitted - your Sega V2 is working ok?

What values have you used & what pins are they connected onto?

+5V to JAMMA pins 8 & J with a 100 ohm resistor in between, Sega IO v2 works perfectly fine with the TTX2.

finally got my X2. came with the DMAC card :D Also came with this sticker:

temporary_zpsaagdggrb.jpg

Model 217A, P4, 1 GB ram... But check out this "it is not possible to use other game software" sticker. Should I be concerned? someone told me that it's possible this has a custom bios.

nice score lemony.

good luck with the multi.

also some hi res images of the fast io would be awesome

I think the reason for the sticker is that those X2's are in cabs wired for FastIO, which wont work with the old JVS games. Mine has the same sticker and its played every game I've thrown at it.

I think the reason for the sticker is that those X2's are in cabs wired for FastIO, which wont work with the old JVS games. Mine has the same sticker and its played every game I've thrown at it.
SHIT.
YES.

thx for the confirmation, bruh!

looks like I spoke too soon. Testing with the 1.1 image:

temporary_zpsxduuj2hl.jpg

going to try with the 1.0 image. also, looks like I'm going to need a new 7900GS :/

I was having the same issue with mine and Deof stopped by.. He cleaned the edge of the video card with an eraser and the DVD to VGA connector on the video card he screwed in and made sure that it was secure and not moving.. That did the trick on my Taito Type X2 system. All those blue screen stopped.

Yea it looks like there is something going on with that video card. Try to clean the edge and reseat it, also make sure the power connector is connected to the card. If that doesnt work you'll need to get a replacement video card. Luckily they are pretty cheap. Still a bummer though.

Back