Voila

Attachments

• IMG_2416.jpg
    IMG_2416.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 116
That PSU doesnt look very reliable to me and may introduce a lot of noise or not provide stable power. I assume that you are using the Tipp that makes the center of the connector to become '-', right?

I would strongly advice you to get one of these:

Choosing the right AES PSU

ok, but i tried 3 different psu and they give me same error, in photo is the last i tried. The one of megadrive, that i tried, is good and also the first.
I used the neo geo until yesterday with both originals and the mvs aes adapter with a 161 and other cartridges without a problem. Anyway the tip is correct, center negative.

Is it normal that, when the cart has been on for 20 minutes stop programming and is it hot in the lower right?

Last edited:
ok, but i tried 3 different psu and they give me same error, in photo is the last i tried. The one of megadrive, that i tried, is good and also the first.
I used the neo geo until yesterday with both originals and the mvs aes adapter with a 161 and other cartridges without a problem. Anyway the tip is correct, center negative.

Is it normal that, when the cart has been on for 20 minutes stop programming and is it hot in the lower right?
The Megadrive one isn't beefy enough for sure. You should aim for a min 2A PSU. I'm myself using a 2.5A for the peace of mind.

Do a full FW upgrade, including the cpld file and let us know how it goes

I dont understand, if I use the last FW, It is not always a full upgrade ? Where can I get the cpld file ? And where should I put it? In the update file ?

The PSU has been already change it, Before It was working from November last year and before upgrade to windows 10. I did nt change any thing and one day It starts one time to not change the game and then It did nt change the game any more.

When I change the system from windows 8.1 to 10, I downloaded again every thing, I did nt take the files from windows 8.1. And I have formatted the sd card etc .

Is it possible to reinitiate the factory settings or something like this ?

Ok I will check if the sd card doesn't contain any mistakes.

I have another console AES (clean up one ) do you think It can be a good idea to try with this one ?

Thanks

definitely a good idea to try on another AES.
Before that go to the firmware page and downgrade to r996 and menu from 1st april 2019 which is the previous stable release. Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks.

The Megadrive one isn't beefy enough for sure. You should aim for a min 2A PSU. I'm myself using a 2.5A for the peace of mind.
Ok, i bought a new psu from retrogamesupply so let's figure out if it's a power supply or cart problem

Hello every one,

As recommended by Darksoft, I downgraded to FW r996 and menu from 1st april 2019. I could install Andro-Dunos on slot 1 only, play a little bit without any problem then I remove and install MOTW on slot 1, no problem I could play 1 hour without any issu then moved to another game on slot 1, I removed MOTW and install Rage of the dragon, again not issu I played 30 minutes before changing again to the slot 1 with Windjammer and this time it was written please wait and black screen for 10 minutes. I had to switch off the console and rage of the dragon was still written on the menu I try again with another game but still not possible on slot 1. I went back to the pc to see if some file was remained. Buff, region and slot 1 was on the sd card. I remove them and add the sd card again in the cartridge. I start with reinitialization something like this the the menu restart. I tried to had a game on slot one but still no installation possible even if the slot was empty. I tried the on the slot 2 and it works. but then impossible to remove it and add another game.
I dont understand why after 3 times, I cannot remove and add another game ?

Do you have any suggestion ?

hmm I thought I could follow simple instructions but apparently I can't.

Have never updated anything on the cart since I bought it way back in the spring of last year. It's been ok, a bit of sound popping and dropping in some games but its been ok. (no regrets!)

finally got around to updating it and I genuinely cant work out where the menu and firmware go. Dropped the firmware files in updates and they haven't disappeared. I deleted the buff and on reboot it did an initialisation and seemed to do a firmware update but didn't I guess.

the new menu files go into a folder called menu in updates? or do I just overwrite the files in the updates folder with the new ones?

someone put me out of my misery please.

pic of current about after failed(?) the update and then one of file structure of card before I tried anything and one of what it currently looks like. ugh

any help appreciated ta

Attachments

• IMG_3775.jpg
    IMG_3775.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3771.JPG
    IMG_3771.JPG
    521.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3776.jpg
    IMG_3776.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
You almost got it. The folder must be called UPDATE, not UPDATES

and the update files go inside there. Notice that the Menu must go as a folder, so you will have \Update\Menu
and inside that \Update\Menu you will have all the crom0,m1rom, etc that correspond to the new vesion of the menu.

Also notice that the firmware files must be called "flash.img", "TOP" and "cpld". CPLD is optional. I mention the filenames because sometimes I pack them using a slightly different name like "flash_r110.bin", which should be renamed to flash.img

Let us know how it goes.

You almost got it. The folder must be called UPDATE, not UPDATES

and the update files go inside there. Notice that the Menu must go as a folder, so you will have \Update\Menu
and inside that \Update\Menu you will have all the crom0,m1rom, etc that correspond to the new vesion of the menu.

Also notice that the firmware files must be called "flash.img", "TOP" and "cpld". CPLD is optional. I mention the filenames because sometimes I pack them using a slightly different name like "flash_r110.bin", which should be renamed to flash.img

Let us know how it goes.
ok ta, the firmware files disappeared after the update as did the old menu files. does the about page now stack up ok? Thanks for the help D.

Attachments

• IMG_3777.jpg
    IMG_3777.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3778.jpg
    IMG_3778.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 122
Hello ,

is there any comment or advise about my last post ?

Thanks

I remove them and add the sd card again in the cartridge. I start with reinitialization something like this the the menu restart. I tried to had a game on slot one but still no installation possible even if the slot was empty. I tried the on the slot 2 and it works. but then impossible to remove it and add another game.
I dont understand why after 3 times, I cannot remove and add another game ?

Do you have any suggestion ?
There is something wrong with your setup. Nobody has ever reported such a behaviour.

It looks to me like a power issue or a microSD issue. Try deleting manually the SLOT2 file and see if you can update now.

I tried another AES, 3-5 rev (same as the first one unfortunately), with unibios 4.

I took the same micro sd sandisk that was working in november with games, I inserted the cardrige containing the FW r996 and menu from 1st april 2019.
The menu starts a game was on slot one, I could play it and I try to change it on the same slot it works one time then same issue, I could note add another one even in the free slots.
I then upgraded to the last FW and menu from november . I install a game and sometimes it works some times I cannot change it.
I tried another micro sd 8 g which came with another multi. I had the games, the last FW and menu. And It is the same I cannot change the game . When it doesn't work, a black screen appeared and I need to switch off wait few minutes and switch on again.

Is it possible that the cartridge is defective ?

Thanks

Hello,

I will reconsider the problem of PSU and micro sd.

you said before that the Samsung micro sd are the best for multi ? Is that right? If so which one do you recommend ?

For the PSU I already change the last summer maybe I don’t have enough amps (2 amps maybe it is not enough )

what is you opinion ?

małe sure that you use original branded microsd, SDHC (not SDXC). Firmat with highest possible cluster size and give it a go.

About the PSU, Its more about quality sometimes, than amps. Try something more beefy but make sure it outputs good quality stable power.

Back