What's new
Thank you for advices.

The PSU is much more difficult to found even here in Japan. I had already a lot of problem to found the one I am currently using .

post a picture before buying and well let you know what we think.

Hi,

I've received today the multi cart. Works OK after tested without update.
decide to update it with last firmware, read the manual and update first flash.img and i was OK (update file deleted from sd card)
Then update “top” (FPGA) and/or “cpld”(CPLD), blank screen for severals minutes..

decide to stop after 5 minutes then black screen whatever i do.. (no sync at all and update files stay on the sdcard..)
If someone have tips :)

Yeah thanks

Blank screen now with unibios and old firmware, flash successfully deleted but not the other one.
I will try to change sdcard, i will take you in touch.

Thanks

Cannot find another card at this time (this one is brand new, i thin it works).
performed steps with Fafangus (on phone ! :p)

first when cart received it worked fine : menu appears when boot the cart in aes (3-6 with unibios 4.0 registered)
then i update "flash.img" only using the documentation process and same sd card, black screen for 20 second then white screen.

- sd card formated using fat32 OK
- extracted last game update "Darksoft Neo Geo 2020-05-12.7z" on SD card OK
- create root "update" folder on SD card OK
- copy last "flash.img" only in "update folder on SD card : black screen with nothing for 20 seconds then white screen only **file flash.img deleted from card**
- wait 1 minute.
- try to power on/off : white screen only
- copy last "top" only in "update folder on SD card : white screen only directly ** file NOT deleted from card **
- wait 1 minute.
- copy last "cpld" only in "update folder on SD card : white screen only directly ** file NOT deleted from card **
- wait 1 minute.
- copy "flash.img", "top" and "cpld" in "update" folder on SD card : black screen with nothing for 20 seconds then white screen only, ** files "top" and "cpld" NOT deleted from card ** but flash.img deleted from sd card.
- wait 1 minute.
- tried original ss3 OK

- tried r996
- tried r1040

Darksoft, did you have some diags steps in order to confirm flash issue ?
Thanks for support !
Nicolas

Last edited:
You have to put all 3 files on the microSD at the same time. Together with newest menu. Remember that menu and FW go tothere now.

so I would advice that you go back to r996 and then update as I suggested. Before doing that do an error check on your microSD.

Thanks a lot for fast feedback !
so, i will update to r996, then put menu and FW together at the same time to perform last update.
I will take you in touch in a few minutes.

- error check OK on memory card (no error on SDCARD)
- Put r996 FW to update folder in SDCARD (\update with "flash.bin", "top" and "cpld") : dark screen for 20 seconds then white screen.
- remove SDCARD then confirm that flash.bin is no more present but top and cpld still present.
- clean update folder, put r1169 to update folder in SDCARD (flash.bin, top and cpld) + last menu files in "update\menu" folder : dark screen for 20 seconds then white screen.
- remove SDCARD then confirm that "flash.bin" is no more present but "top", "cpld" and "menu" still present in update folder
- issue remain, white screen.
- try another SDCARD (fat32) with games from last zip and update with last FW and update\menu with last menu same issue : dark screen for 20 seconds then white screen. files "top", "cpld" still present.
- try another SDCARD (fat32) with games from last zip and update with last FW and games\menu with previous menu (below FW 1040) same issue : dark screen for 20 seconds then white screen. files "top", "cpld" still present.
- also try to copy the menu files (crom0,m1rom,prom,srom and vroma0) inside \UPDATE\MENU and GAMES\menu with last FW : with same issue as result.

any ideas ?

Last edited:
I suspect the issue could be with the cpld. Try upgrading only the cpld file of the latest update and see if its update. Only that file inside /update

Thanks
- clean the update folder
- place last FW "CPLD file" only in UPDATE\ folder, menu files (crom0,m1rom,prom,srom and vroma0) already copy to GAMES\menu : white screen directly even after 1 big minute, CPLD file still present on the card :(

try updating file by file to previous r996. First old cpld then flash.img and last TOP. Once you have it back to what it was, upload all files at once with new FW.

Thanks

- cleaned UPDATE folder.
- copy old cpld file r996 to UPDATE folder
- start AES wait for 60 seconds, white screen with no information or text, stop AES and check SDCARD : "cpld" still present in update folder
- clean UPDATE folder, copy r996 flash.img to UPDATE folder
- start AES,black screen for 20 seconds with no information or text then white screen with no information or text. wait 60 seconds, stop AES and check SDCARD : "flash.img" successfully removed in update folder.
- copy old top file r996 to UPDATE folder
- start AES wait for 60 seconds, white screen with no information or text, stop AES and check SDCARD : "top" still present in update folder.
- clean UPDATE folder, copy all old files r996 to UDPATE folder (cpld, flash.img, top) and start AES, black screen for 20 seconds with no information or text then white screen with no information or text, wait 2 minutes, stop AES and check SDCARD : "flash.img" successfully removed in update folder but "cpld" and "top" still present in update folder.

In fact, this is strange as the CPLD and the TOP file were never deleted from the SDCARD (whatever version i use).
Can the white screen be the result of incorrect games\menu files or you confirm that CPLD issue is possible ?

Do you have some special file in order to confirm the CPLD issue perhaps ?
Do you think it's a cart hardware problem or we can perform some additionnals diag steps ?

thanks for help
Nico

hardware : 3-6 jap + unibios 4.0 ; power supply LEIKE 3A, 9V
(no issue with original game or NCI converted game)

:(

Last edited:
Is possible to play MVS exclusive games on an AES? I tried playing Breakers Revenge with the multi cart and I couldn't get it to work. I actually had to do a cold reboot in order to get back to the menu, after trying to play it. I have updated my cart to the latest firmware and all.

Thanks

- cleaned UPDATE folder.
- copy old cpld file r996 to UPDATE folder
- start AES wait for 60 seconds, white screen with no information or text, stop AES and check SDCARD : "cpld" still present in update folder
- clean UPDATE folder, copy r996 flash.img to UPDATE folder
- start AES,black screen for 20 seconds with no information or text then white screen with no information or text. wait 60 seconds, stop AES and check SDCARD : "flash.img" successfully removed in update folder.
- copy old top file r996 to UPDATE folder
- start AES wait for 60 seconds, white screen with no information or text, stop AES and check SDCARD : "top" still present in update folder.
- clean UPDATE folder, copy all old files r996 to UDPATE folder (cpld, flash.img, top) and start AES, black screen for 20 seconds with no information or text then white screen with no information or text, wait 2 minutes, stop AES and check SDCARD : "flash.img" successfully removed in update folder but "cpld" and "top" still present in update folder.

In fact, this is strange as the CPLD and the TOP file were never deleted from the SDCARD (whatever version i use).
Can the white screen be the result of incorrect games\menu files or you confirm that CPLD issue is possible ?

Do you have some special file in order to confirm the CPLD issue perhaps ?
Do you think it's a cart hardware problem or we can perform some additionnals diag steps ?

thanks for help
Nico

hardware : 3-6 jap + unibios 4.0 ; power supply LEIKE 3A, 9V
(no issue with original game or NCI converted game)

:(
Hi Darksoft,

Any ideas for next steps ?

Thanks
Nicolas

I think its related to the order in which you updated the files. The cart is in an state where it wont allow to update more, so you need to revert that. As I said try going back to r996 with a different order of files. Maybe first top.

Thanks ok !
I will try this, i've already try the r996 in different order.
I will take you in touch with all the test done.

Nicolas

I think its related to the order in which you updated the files. The cart is in an state where it wont allow to update more, so you need to revert that. As I said try going back to r996 with a different order of files. Maybe first top.
Is it possible that cpld or top can be locked and not updated anymore ?

Thanks.
I will check with Fanfangus here in order to keep his SDCARD content in few hours.
Perhaps SD structure of mine is not correct or the menu is corrupt in my card, i don't understand the root cause of the white screen.. in previous post someone have an issue with a similar white screen due to folder structure (i think)

But it's difficult to be more simple : 2 folder in root SD, the first named "UPDATE with 3 files and subfolder MENU (and menu files inside) and the second named "GAMES" with the games folder inside.

Back