What's new
tried with Fanfangus tonight : no way to upgrade to any firmware version, same result each time white screen after each update (top, cpld or flash in any order, starting from r996 to more recent version, also tried more older with him same result, also try one file at time for several version.)

no buff file on sdcard whatever i do or try to update, flash.bin seems to be the only thing which work on the upgrade process .. tried several menu files same issues.

i think i will move soon the cart to the recycle bin :)

is it possible this one have update routine defective or not working ?? what can i do to solve this, did the cart need to be repaired ou replaced ? ||

Last edited:
I honestly think that you are going in rounds right now. I would suggest that you send it to me and I'll have a look. PM me for more info.

I honestly think that you are going in rounds right now. I would suggest that you send it to me and I'll have a look. PM me for more info.
Thanks for feedback and quick solution.
I will pm you.

Did you try an alternate SD card?

Did you try an alternate SD card?
Yes, a sandisk 8gb, i've check the speed and all sectors on both card, all seems OK
The first card is also a sandisk 16gb ultra brand new.
This is strange, i don't have other brand card to test at this time.

It might be advisable to try a different brand, or reformat with larger cluster size? Did you use a Mac or PC to copy the files over?

It might be advisable to try a different brand, or reformat with larger cluster size? Did you use a Mac or PC to copy the files over?
Hi

both Mac, pc using vm on Mac (parallels desktop) and a standalone pc in order to avoid Mac hidden files.

Try different cluster size too, default, large, minimal, try to format to fat32 from Mac and from pc too.

Don’t try another brand, darksoft will receive the cart soon to check this.
Thanks to him for support !

I recently got aes multi. I have backup ram access and backup ram error in diagnostics. And nothing saves in menu?

Please provide full information like i.e. which AES model you have, which BIOS you use. Which type of PSU, type of microSD and if you use a Mac or a PC to write to them.

Thanks.

Power. Pro-pow-ul. Model neo-0

System lost its sticker over the years I got it 1990 brand new. Should have standard bios.

Card is SanDisk that from you.

Computer is windows.

I not an flash cart expert. I do believe the problem is in it. It is responsible for saving it's settings?

yes, settings are saved in the microsd. Try a different one, branded from good source. Make sure its SDHC. SDXC micrisd are not supported.

Got the card from you with cart.

All I put on the card was the games. I am missing a file?

Hope that's the issue

Last edited:
System lost its sticker over the years I got it 1990 brand new.
To see which version of AES you have open the cart slot with your fingers and look at the far right part of the PCB. It should say something like NEO-AES 3-5 or NEO-AES 3-6 for instance.
So is there supposed to be any other directory or files on the SD card
A menu folder should also be inside \games

Got the card from you with cart.
I don't sell the microSD, but I trust Aldo used good ones @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES

I would try with a different MicroSD as this seems to be the root of the problem.

I opened the cart slot nothing visible.
  • I got one of the first systems. Maybe why. Bottom line question. Should I have any other file or folders other that the games. I used smokmonster only. Games directory that's it.

Last edited:
Back