What's new
For Sale
So with the new Windy 2 I picked up, I decided to try to get the toshiba chassis running again.

I got the flyback installed, and going back and forth I finally got a picture. Issues that I have now, is when I tune the brightness, it gets so bright the crt shuts off. Even if I barely touch the pot, it does it. I have been talking to @SnakeGrunger and I am going to try to clean the pots first. If no luck, then Im going to have to get them replaced. But, this flyback does work, and it is a butthole to install, but well worth it.

IMStfpcl.jpg

Interestingly enough, the flyback is much easier to install than even a run-of-the-mill Wells Gardner K7000. The key is the 3 wires pins coming off the bottom of the flyback should be positioned for insertion first. Then carefully push the flyback so that the other U-pins align to the other holes. Also note, the anode wire and the two wires going into the neck on the OG flyback are extra long. They need to be because the chassis sits so low inside the cab. But the Chinese flyback's anode and neck wires are plenty long enough for the job with the Windy II.

I got a few extra of these FB's. $55+shipping if anyone needs one.

Interestingly enough, the flyback is much easier to install than even a run-of-the-mill Wells Gardner K7000. The key is the 3 wires pins coming off the bottom of the flyback should be positioned for insertion first. Then carefully push the flyback so that the other U-pins align to the other holes. Also note, the anode wire and the two wires going into the neck on the OG flyback are extra long. They need to be because the chassis sits so low inside the cab. But the Chinese flyback's anode and neck wires are plenty long enough for the job with the Windy II.

I might be interested in one- I have a 2931 and I think it’s FB is dead. I think the 2931 needs some extra work though.

By extension most likely the ms2933 too since it is a 'bug fixed 2931'?
By visual examination, the MS2933 flyback appears to be different from the MS2930/MS2931/PB7534. It may work however. I'll get to testing it one of these days.

Both horizontal and vertical size limits can be adjusted on MS-2930 (with pots) and MS-2931 (with the OSD). You should try maxing those before anything else.

On the 2931 both limit adjustments are in the factory adjustment menu, not the extended menu. To enter the factory adjustment menu you need hold down the three buttons (MODE, UP & DOWN) for three seconds when there is no OSD on screen.

Now if we could just get some flybacks to work with the Toshiba PF monitors.

so you guys didnt get the width problem?
With the Toshiba PB7534, with the extra adjustment pot on the chassis and on the controller board, I don't have h.size issues. V.Size I didn't fully check but I don't think so.

H.Size issue is mostly with this same flyback on the MS2931 however, image is too large, even changing the h.limit on the factory secret menu. There's a capacitor to change but I don't know which one and to what value (yet).

image.png

IMG-4732-Edited.jpg

Little side project... my cab didn't have a working Konami Windy2 I/O board so I made a little adapter to retrofit a Sega I/O board in place, no cut!! LIttle 3D printed tray to use existing screws and screwholes. Uses up to 7 buttons, doesn't seem to have 8th button on the Sega I/O.

If anyone wants one, I can sell 3 of them with the male connectors I have here.

Last edited:
I have 3 dead Toshiba PF (PD1843's). Will check if these flybacks work for those as well.
Are these the 3 flybacks that I was supposed to purchase from you this weekend?

If you try this on your Toshiba PF chassis and it does not work, how will I know these aren't damaged?

Little side project... my cab didn't have a working Konami Windy2 I/O board so I made a little adapter to retrofit a Sega I/O board in place, no cut!! LIttle 3D printed tray to use existing screws and screwholes. Uses up to 7 buttons, doesn't seem to have 8th button on the Sega I/O.

If anyone wants one, I can sell 3 of them with the male connectors I have here.
That is pretty sweet! Which Sega I/O(s) fit with this?

My Konami I/O is looking rather sketchy but works for now, I'd be interested in one of these for a backup option but will give others a chance first.

@kuze my just wasn't detected by anything, the Taito Type X2, the Naomi, the Jammafier too... it works with the 837-13551 and 837-14505 Sega I/O, very common. Apparently the Windy2 I/O isn't detected by the Naomi either..... so bonus there.

@kuze my just wasn't detected by anything, the Taito Type X2, the Naomi, the Jammafier too... it works with the 837-13551 and 837-14505 Sega I/O, very common. Apparently the Windy2 I/O isn't detected by the Naomi either..... so bonus there.
Mine is detected by both Naomi and Jammafier, haven't tested X2 though. Sounds like yours is probably dead, mine just looks like it might have water/mold damage but it's still working (for now).

I have 3 dead Toshiba PF (PD1843's). Will check if these flybacks work for those as well.
Are these the 3 flybacks that I was supposed to purchase from you this weekend?
If you try this on your Toshiba PF chassis and it does not work, how will I know these aren't damaged?
No.

Just helping a buddy out and the commnity at the same time. My buddy was the guy that made available a facility for all the cabs to be sorted in Fremont. He is actually the guy that got short-changed because at the last minute, I traded him the NNC for the Windy II. The Windy II of course, turned out to be non-fuctional and the NNC turned out to be fantastic. I told him to pick up 10 flybacks if he could. He did. I just have to update him on the Windy II status now that it works. He's been traveling for 2 weeks. I held off on texting him an update since he was on vacation and wanted to show him myself today after I swoop him up for the airport.Then tell him the flybacks are going out to members. He is going to be pretty excited about the state of things.; more can be secured as needed. But the math breaks down like this:

1 - used for Windy II repari
1 - used for Windy II spare
1 - for spare for his MS2930
1 - for ekors

As for the rest, I need to check with him as I said. This is the same thing I told radiatnsvgun. The 3 you asked for you will be there. Same with the one for radiantsvgun. Also one may be going to Derick2k. Where do you see me mention anything about 3 flybacks? I stated 3 dead chassis. Only one flyback is needed to determine if they work for a PD1843 chassis.

The flybacks aren't mine. The Windy II isn't mine. I have to let my buddy know what I'll be doing with them, as a courtesy. My buddy has been traveling for 2 weeks. Why does that need further explanation? Why did you feel it necessary to spill a harmless PM into the forum and read further into the matter. If I find these flybacks fix the Toshiba PF. I'll report it to the community. I just reported these flybacks will work for the MS2930 in addition to the already known MS2931 and PB7534. Isn't that contributing to the community? Do you really think I am trying to do something funny? Do you think I couldn't just secure more flybacks? Chill dude. We didn't come this far for me to gouge anyone that participated in the group buy.

dNIVeQ0m.jpg

See those ground pins on the right? I notice their clip isn't all the way up/down like the others (power etc). Is it possible to bend these back? Doesn't look normal.

I got one of the pins out via this video but not sure if its possible to bend them back. I assume you use a small flathead screw driver and bend it outwards after removing then reinsert.

Video above is how I removed it.

Last edited:
And the proof is in the pudding regarding these Taobao flybacks for the MS2930!

Pulled out the flyback out of a working MS2930 chassis and put in the Taobao flyback (allocated as spare for the MS2930) and it works! You can see the little bugger in the photo below. The produced image is both too tall and too wide, but I am sure with the power of the community that will be resolved soon. I'll report this over to the other thread.

Alright, talked to my buddy and he is cool with whatever I do with the flybacks he secured. He's jazzed the Windy II works and happy the risk we took is going to help out some ppl and solved his Windy II issue. So out of the 10:
  • 2x are for my buddy's Windy II (one for the repair and one for spare)
  • 1x is for my buddy's Blast City (MS2930 in the photo below) for spare
  • 1x is for @ekorz
  • 1x is for @Derick2k
  • 3x is for @Rg111 (if you still want them)
  • 1x is for @radiantsvgun
That leaves 1 for anyone that wants it. $55 + shipping. That slightly over his cost by maybe $4 or $5 bucks. If even that. PM me if interested.

FYI, the risk we took was that the flybacks sent to my buddy's contact in China and were labeled "MUS......". The proper flybacks are "MSU......". My buddy's contact was just about to ship them to the US when we spotted the error in photos my buddy's contact sent over. We told him to check with the Taobao vendor. The vendor said that they were just mislabeled. If we took the vendor's word for it, we'd be taking a Chinese business's word for it. We decided to split the cost of the flybacks should they not be correct and take on that risk. All turned out well in the end.

TaobaoMS2930.jpg

Acblunden2 said:
Hey, that's all I needed to know. You're not being accused of anything. No worries my friend. I was just concerned on what steps we would take to make sure these are solid, given that they might be used to test another chassis and it fails. They are from China, anyone whos shopped at Harbor Freight can relate to the concern of the craftsmanship.

Forgive me for coming off as suspicious. I've always appreciated you and your hard work.

Back