What's new
The legs look a bit bigger, but I think that it should stick in. Try removing the original first and clean the area properly, or have someone skilled doing it for you, if you think you can. I've changed it in a couple of them and it's not a complicated process.

Ok thanks. I think you are right.
I will take my time. No rush. Make sure I do it correctly.

ok, troubleshooting here:

I have the AES version.
Added menu files to update\menu.

stuck at mounting virtual file system.

I can see that the folder update\menu is gone and there's now a games\MENU in place.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I have unibios 3.1 and I don't have the original bios anymore.

-------------
Edit: found the AES firmware. updated now it's working :)

Last edited:
How long are you waiting? The first time takes a few minutes.

I am experiencing some problems with my AES cartridge. I've been using it for about 8 months without any problem.
But now when pressing the start button to load a game directly in the first slot, it gives some kind of error and the screen goes and remains in black.
I updated to the latest firmware and menu but the error continues (I was using the previous one because everything worked fine for me).

If I press reset the error persists and green and blue screens appear.

If I only program the games for slot 2 or 3, it loads them well.
I seem to have an error overwriting slot 1.

if I remove the sd card and just delete the slot folders it seems to load games the first time correctly. But the second attempt to load in slot 1 returns the error.

With the original games everything works without problem and I was using the cartridge always without problems having many hours of fun.
But now I don't know what happens.
Can somebody help me?

Regards

I would suggest for starters, to check the microSD for errors in a PC and trying with a different microSD (SDHC only, remember).

It looks to me like aproblem with the microSD.

Thanks.
yes , I use the recommended card type sdhc.
I will try a new card tomorrow to see if the problem is in it

Thanks for the help effectively. it must be a sdcard failure
I just tried a new microSD it seems that everything loads without problems with the latest revision of menu and firmware.
The only negative thing is that I can see some "lines" that appear in certain games. I see that someone else here has the same problem
My motherboard is 3-4 and I use pro pow adapter (5v 3A) without unibios.
Do I try a new power supply? or just wait for a new firmware

Are these lines new or were there before?

Also remember that these consoles have 30 years and capacitors get weared. Have these been replaced?

About the PSU 5v 3A, that should be enough if the PSU provides good quality power. Got a picture of yours?

Last edited:
those lines already happened from the beginning with the latest firmware.
for that reason install the old firmware and menu. during these months I was using it.
some game would go muted at times but I could live with it.
With the latter version I do not have any sound problem but in some games the small lines that appear and disappear.
capacitors have never been changed to my neo geo.
I could order to do it, the truth is that I've been thinking about it for some time

IMG_20210614_114127.jpg

Please be patient we are working on a fix for those low serial number.
Hi!

I recently acquired a Darksoft Multi-AES cart on eBay (would have bought a new one if one was available).

I have a low serial number AES NEO-AEC (Serial Number 012266). Existing power supply is the original PRO-POW-UL (5V, 3A). Stock bios, no UNIBIOS.

My Multi-AES cart currently has the most current firmware, loads games properly, but doesn't output any sound. I've tried some of my regular game carts and they still all work properly and have sound. The Multi-AES cart is the only thing that's silent.

I see on this thread where you advised others to short 2 pins together to restore sound on other low number AES consoles. Is that what I need to do? I also see where you mentioned a possible upcoming new firmware to fix it (from this 2019 thread), does that low serial number version of firmware exist?

Can you please let me know what I should try next?

Thanks for anything that you can share on this. I'm really looking forward to getting this working. Other than "no sound" it seems to look and work great on my AES.

Best Regards,

Bob Z - RackyVegas

Thanks. I’ll give it a look when I get home later today and will let you know. I really appreciate your quick response.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Bob Z - RackyVegas

Back