What's new
'm also disappointed with the amount of M72 multi's out there, and LACK OF MCU's sent for dumping.
Same with the system 16, i bet tough turf is still not dumped.
I offered up my M72 MCU but was informed it was already dumped.

I think this comes down to visibility. If people aren't dumping these things we're not asking vocally enough/ providing clear enough instructions on what to check for and who to contact.

I think this comes down to visibility. If people aren't dumping these things we're not asking vocally enough/ providing clear enough instructions on what to check for and who to contact.
Yeah ... about M72 stuff maybe is needed a bump on what dump is needed , or maybe when a buyer of M72 multi will contact Mitsu , maybe is better to be asked by Mitsu on what donor is intend to use to see what we need further and of course the owner to agree to send the mcu’s for dump ... idk , hope we will find more versions needed

Last edited:
Yes, you are in the handful of people who like to see things preserved. (not to mention AWESOME at documentation)
It's always the same few people doing this , you know who they are.

About complaints about the program yourself requirement of my kits...
Without being able to provide burned chips anyway due to various reasons a good side effect is this forces people into getting a programmer if not already.

I think this comes down to visibility.
Lack of visibility and lack of education. A List needs to be created of "easy to find clones" , "MCU's" etc
A stern word in frustrations probably is not the best way of approaching the situation but it had to be said.

About complaints about the program yourself requirement of my kits...
Without being able to provide burned chips anyway due to various reasons a good side effect is this forces people into getting a programmer if not already.

This is one thing I haven't dove into over the years, programming my own eproms. I've relied on the generous people of A-P to help me out with burning, but I feel that I should probably bite the bullet and get onto learning how to do this myself.

Are there any guides out there you guys can recommend for a beginner?

Sega has many many sets spreading over a vast number of hardware, (16,18,system1,2, etc etc)
In the case of sega it would require checking the numbers (same games have different programs sometimes... see shinobi for example)

Depending what model you get, it's basically just learning the software and that will be different for each model.

Now it's easy there's good reviews online of most models, check them out and find one you like the software and supports the chips needed.

It's very easy.
1. Plug your Programmer into your PC and start up the programming software.
2. In your programming software: Select the model of chip you want to program.
3. insert the chip into your programmer.
4. In your programming software: open the file you want to write and start the write process. (Blank Check -> Write -> Verify)
5. Repeat steps 2-5 for as many chips as you're programming

The problem is that every programmer has unique software specific to that programmer. So if I write you a "guide" for my Xeltek SuperPro, the software is going to look completely different then what you see when using a Top 3000, or a ChipMax2, etc.

Then you have cheap programmers like the TL866 and the GQ4x4 which require adapters for certain chips, some of which mean you have to program your chips in sections. and it makes for a lot more lengthy process with a lot more steps.

When you're buying a programmer the $$ is MOSTLY paying for reliability and ease of operation first and supported chips second. If you can swing the ~$350 for a nice programmer like a ChipMax2 or something in the Xeltek SuperPro line then I recommend doing that. These things are incredibly reliable, fast, and bulletproof. If you're not willing to spend that much then the Top3000 at $150 is comparable feature-wise but has a high rate of failure due to cheap parts and installing the software is like giving your PC gonorrhea.

This is one thing I haven't dove into over the years, programming my own eproms. I've relied on the generous people of A-P to help me out with burning, but I feel that I should probably bite the bullet and get onto learning how to do this myself.

it's not any properly guide, but Twisted did some tables with eeproms used in the hobby and in my experience , from there i've learned and understood further when i was in front of the job itself (different conversions ive did and how the multi i have get the eeproms writed on my desk) , you only need to understand what eeproms are and what capacity they have and you also need to know . This is the theard i used when i start : https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ammer-for-most-arcade-hobbyists-to-have.4046/

Back on topic, another debug menu found :)

Attachments

• 0002.png
    0002.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 100
Did they get dumped? I guess not. That sucks and i don't encourage buying from people doing that.
So a bunch of undumped versions have probably gone, touchmaster rare to come up and lots of versions.
I can ask the seller if has any that are not erased, I think they were from TouchMaster 3000 & 4000 pcbs, so there are only a few 801 on the boards. So like you say, that must have been a lot of boards. I had ordered 50 but was only sent 48, so I guess he's out possibly. I will check with him, doesn't hurt to have a stash of 801s anyways.

I can ask the seller if has any that are not erased, I think they were from TouchMaster 3000 & 4000 pcbs, so there are only a few 801 on the boards. So like you say, that must have been a lot of boards. I had ordered 50 but was only sent 48, so I guess he's out possibly. I will check with him, doesn't hurt to have a stash of 801s anyways.
Maybe he did not blank them, it's worth a shot to look at a couple.
Yes indeed, the 801's are the program only on those i think so they will all of been old versions / upgrades or something, Sad.

I think we should maintain a
post of what platforms have a Multi but are missing dumps so folks will be more informed.

I did send my Dragon Breed M72 MCU off to @rtw to be dumped FWIW. :thumbsup:

I also have a M72 Image Fight set and System 16 Altered Beast and Ryu Kyu on hand if those are needed.

is there already a suggested HW list to overclock the MM1 or still in testing?
we'd need (other that the EPROMs for the multi):
2 x MC68000P12
2 x sockets for the CPUs
?? x 10 Mhz Crystal?

are there other parts? how many crystals do I need?
I'm not going to order now since there is no rush at the moment but I'd like to sart searching for them

thank you

1 X P 12
1 X 10mhz

Lift HC04 pin 4 LOC m21

Fit xtal in unused space @ 8D
Be sure the power or ground pin is connected it will need jumping depending how you set it. Copy me if not sure.
And finally:
And add the wire shown here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...asystem1-a-from-caius-hammy.18152/post-286234

Avoid F1 - the socket is backwards i think...
Playing with this clock maybe possible to get more out of it but it's not necessary at the moment.

Adding the switch is pointless, but easy enough. TBH after playing on the faster setup there's no going back :P

66E0732A-9B86-4E45-A6AC-D1ABE6D4E74D.jpeg

The 50 x 801’s from AliExpress arrived. UV erased them all and then picked a random stack of 15 and wrote files from UMK3 on them to test using my Top3000.

They all burnt and verified fine and dumping afterwards and comparing against Romident was fine also. I’d say these will be fine for the multi. They’re a nice price and standard AliExpress shipping was just 10 days or so to Australia.

Nice one @Hammy — just let me know when it’s time to pay up and I’ll get it to you.

When the ROM set is ready, please post up. Would be useful to crack on and start on that… it’s like 35 chips total right?!

Back