What's new
Played my stock p-47 board today.

The very first stage I encountered slow down. Especially on boss.
Yep that's how it is!

At 12mhz it's much improved on the boss but _still_ a little slowdown.
Don't think going any higher speed will fix that as doubling the speed should be enough!

It's possible to test the speeds to some extent on mame with the "overclock" sliders, it gives a idea how performance improvement will be.

Yep that's how it is!

At 12mhz it's much improved on the boss but _still_ a little slowdown.
Don't think going any higher speed will fix that as doubling the speed should be enough!

It's possible to test the speeds to some extent on mame with the "overclock" sliders, it gives a idea how performance improvement will be.
At what speed is safe to upgrade to? 12mhz?

That's great. I'll order one too! put it on the list.

At what speed is safe to upgrade to? 12mhz?
8mhz without changing processor, but will need the circuit posted on previous page fitted in the clock section..
I have not tested it.

@caius got some 8 or 10mhz bootlegs but we have not had time to check what's happening there.

Good morning guys ! :happy:

If you are looking for a donor (motherboard) for this beauty release , check this title :

(link attached in game title)

It already went up $150 USD since you posted it. Maybe best to link the game boards directly to people who have asked you for this one. A bunch of thirsty A-P'ers searching for a donor bidding against each other on YAJ is just asking for prices to sky rocket and then Japanese sellers to notice, and then the vicious cycle is enabled.

Last edited:
I'm kinda with you sheep, NA1 motherboards were worth a punt at £10-15 each on faulty
Now people are charging 50 - 60 for the same rotten shit but there was only me stupid enough to buy them so now they just sit listed forever now getting more rotten or sold to a sucker.

Plus alpha is also a "top teir" game on the hardware, surely hanging around for a baseball , kick off etc is a better idea?

That said, there's no damage done with this multi (unless you go hacking clocks...) so using a top teir game is not a problem.

Also, a word to the wise. If you are looking for a donor online, make sure you inspect the customs towards the JAMMA edge (three flat black packages). These control the player inputs and other things? I have three board sets. Two of them came with bent customs which causes button input issues.

My Saint Dragon which I removed from a cab myself, I actually ended up totally bending a custom right to the edge. The positioning of them are just ripe for damage! Apparently there's just one set of pins connected to the custom, the other side of pins is just for mounting. I forget which is which.

Thankfully, @caius makes repros of these :) that I'll be ordering at some point.

It already went up $150 USD since you posted it. Maybe best to link the game boards directly to people who have asked you for this one. A bunch of thirsty A-P'ers searching for a donor bidding against each other on YAJ is just asking for prices to sky rocket and then Japanese sellers to notice, and then the vicious cycle is enabled.
I have sorted anyway few friends before with donors for this project , but if somebody will ask my help particulary , for sure ill do my best everytime :happy: I also wait to get payment notification for a P:47 (of course , this one will go on a friend too , lets see who will need it further ✌🏻)

ps : post deleted and hopefully will be used for this project ✌🏻

Last edited:
Thankfully, @caius makes repros of these :) that I'll be ordering at some point.
Yes, without this the project would be dead.
I broke around 3 of them during testing this multi too so now they basically all need replacement if not done already.

Get them here:
https://www.tindie.com/products/caiusarcade/jk-03-replacement/

Also the others that go:

https://www.tindie.com/products/caiusarcade/jk-01-replacement/

https://www.tindie.com/products/caiusarcade/jk-02-replacement/

I have sorted anyway few friends before with donors for this project , but if somebody will ask my help particulary , for sure ill do my best everytime :happy: I also wait to get payment notification for a P:47 (of course , this one will go on a friend too , lets see who will need it further ✌🏻)

ps : post deleted and hopefully will be used for this project ✌🏻
Alex, dont stress over it man. Post everything you find.

The way I see it:
That's one of the top titles on the hardware
It's on yaj
Im %99.99 that seller has shill bids on most if not all his items so it is what it is
Multi was announced so prices always jump because of supply/demand

A lot of members here publicly post stuff that others are looking for that is for sale elsewhere, even high-value, sought-after titles.

Not much you can about something listed on yaj, ebay, etc.. everyone looks there. Seems silly to me to be discouraged from posting on the forum something for sale/auction on yaj, people will pay for what they can afford, if they can't they won't buy or the product won't sell. Eventually, the price will be lowered or someone will buy it, simple.

In the end, if a few hundred $$$ extra makes it impossible for you to get something, then you should not be into collecting/hobbies like these. Of course, that doesn't mean not to try to get a good deal. "The value of something is whatever someone is willing to pay for it"

Last edited:
Is there any chance Cybattler can be ported over? I haven’t looked at MAME, but im guessing there’s different components on that board?

Is there any chance Cybattler can be ported over? I haven’t looked at MAME, but im guessing there’s different components on that board?
Will need an overclocked board and extra sprite hardware.

Is the sprite hardware easily found/doable?

Until big striker is running smooth i'm not going to bother, is 3 weeks work per game for a poor result.

As for the extra hardware , nobody has looked at it as no ports exist that need it.

EDIT, Mame snap of how it would look!
64th st, all good until 1st boss that needs the sprites.

Attachments

• 0001.png
    0001.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back