What's new
I think HAMMY said 10mhz was the sweet spot. I know you need the clock but do you also need to replace a 6800? I might have some 10mhz 6800.

His already has 10mhz 68ks it seems:

https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/68000/ST-TS68000CP10.html

EDIT: Misread what you said. From what I can tell you don't need to replace the CPU if you have a slower one, only a clock and some extra jumpers or logic.

EDIT2: Here's the thing I was looking for. Would be good to put a link to this in the OP of this thread since I think this question is going to come up a lot: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/jaleco-megasystem-1a-16-bit-overclocking-guide.18921/

Last edited:
EDIT: Misread what you said. From what I can tell you don't need to replace the CPU if you have a slower one, only a clock and some extra jumpers or logic.
Correct, try your original CPU at the higher speed - there maybe no reason to change it.
Some won't be able to handle it though, my 2 motherboards needed to be upgraded to P16's from P8's to get 10mhz.

Basically on this board, any speed bump is welcome! Start with the quick 7mhz and bump the speed from there :)

List updated, make 1 a day and it's slowly going down :D

Few new build PM's gone out.

Will have to drop off building now for a day or 2.
Time to get the place tidy and finish off some nagging rep's / getting other stuff ready / testing the latest ZN bios board :)

hello, I'm looking for a donor please shoot me a pm if someone has a spare, cheers

Well crap. I must of been running at 60% when purchasing my donor PCB. Turns out I bought a bootleg Goal '92 board. The same seller had a Kick Off as well, but it's a bootleg too. Oh, and the PCB showed up dead on arrival. I guess I'm also looking for a donor board.

The kit is not designed for bootleg hardware of any sort. A lot of them are missing parts (sound chips etc) or totally different hardware!

CE3A2081-F0F3-4AE7-900E-8929AAF6D6DB.jpeg

Superb! Certainly one of those days I’m glad I upgraded my rom burner ;)

I will admit I never played these games in the arcade back in the day, and I’m still not familiar with all these titles. But so far I’ve been very impressed with the library of games here — lots of fun and variety. Thanks @Hammy + @caius for another winner!!

So exactly how much is this multi? Can’t seem to find it … and add me to the list please :)

Back