What's new
Next project 🥴 I want amplified stereo though. Not sure how to approach that.

IMG_6175.jpeg

Anyone else have hell of a time snapping new buttons into their Astro? I got em in after a struggle but now I can’t spin them so they all have the same orientation cuz the fit is so damn tight. Idk how to get the buttons out without busting em if I wanna replace em or change colors or something. Anyone ran into this? They are the Sanwa buttons in my post above. Thank you!

You'll want one of these:

https://focusattack.com/buttercade-snap-out-tool-for-pushbuttons-30mm/

Anyone have any 5380 keys? I bought a pair of keys on eBay but they ended up being 227 keys.

I know they are very hard to find and usually come with a full set for over $100.

Tried calling a locksmith and they said they couldn’t make those kinds of keys.

Willing to pay handsomely for a set. Thank you!

Anyone have any 5380 keys? I bought a pair of keys on eBay but they ended up being 227 keys.

I know they are very hard to find and usually come with a full set for over $100.

Tried calling a locksmith and they said they couldn’t make those kinds of keys.

Willing to pay handsomely for a set. Thank you!
Have you tried Videotronics UK or Gate Ninety? Sometimes they'll have some loose keys for sale.

Keys (and locks) are available through Yahoo Auction Japan. Usually around $25 per key and $10 per lock. You can check with our very own Joko, who runs a proxy service, to see if he has the capacity to take this on. You can also try one of the many proxy service companies available but be warned that they have nonexistent customer service.

Here is a set of keys, locks, and tangs on eBay if you need it right away and don’t mind overpaying.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1659827870...oA_hCwaTIa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I
Keys (and locks) are available through Yahoo Auction Japan. Usually around $25 per key and $10 per lock. You can check with our very own Joko, who runs a proxy service, to see if he has the capacity to take this on. You can also try one of the many proxy service companies available but be warned that they have nonexistent customer service.

Here is a set of keys, locks, and tangs on eBay if you need it right away and don’t mind overpaying.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1659827870...oA_hCwaTIa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I saw that one and it said keys were broken so I passed. When you say proxy service can you explain that?

——
Are proxy services for making buys from yahoo auction Japan?

I bit the bullet and found some keys on aliexpress. But good to know for next time.

Last edited:
I

I saw that one and it said keys were broken so I passed. When you say proxy service can you explain that?

——
Are proxy services for making buys from yahoo auction Japan?

I but the bullet and found some keys on aliexpress. But good to know for next time.

You can purchase items on YAJ through companies like buyee, fromJapan, ZenMarket, etc. They all have their own fees and policies on shipping but they also only purchase and ship to you. Not really much in terms of customer service. Joko is a member here who lives in Japan and offers a similar service—you tell him what you want to buy and he buys it for you and ships it out. He’s great about keeping you informed and offering creative shipping solutions. He’s one guy so he doesn’t always have time to pick up new work so you should check with him first.

You can purchase items on YAJ through companies like buyee, fromJapan, ZenMarket, etc. They all have their own fees and policies on shipping but they also only purchase and ship to you. Not really much in terms of customer service. Joko is a member here who lives in Japan and offers a similar service—you tell him what you want to buy and he buys it for you and ships it out. He’s great about keeping you informed and offering creative shipping solutions. He’s one guy so he doesn’t always have time to pick up new work so you should check with him first.
Thank you for the detailed info!

AHHHHH I think I put the Ground wire on pin 9, not pin 12 like it should have been. hit me up on PM.
I was able to pop out the pin with a paper clip and move it over to the other side. Got all my buttons working now. Many thanks! Glad I learned from it.

Decided it was time to clean up the control panel. Tear down time.

Attachments

• IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6602.jpeg
    IMG_6602.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6594.jpeg
    IMG_6594.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6598.jpeg
    IMG_6598.jpeg