What's new

garou81

Student
Reaction score
there are screws going directly into the back of the box did you remove those too?
How do you get the speaker boxes out? I've removed my monitor, then I unscrewed the two screws connecting the two brackets to the cab. The speaker box doesn't seem to budge though.

arcadeaction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you get the speaker boxes out? I've removed my monitor, then I unscrewed the two screws connecting the two brackets to the cab. The speaker box doesn't seem to budge though.

You'll likely need to bend the metal brackets to get them out, that's what I ended up doing. I'm not sure how they are originally put in exactly unless other panels or something are removed. The metal will bend back though after reinstalling and all seemed to be ok for me after that.

tDRG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are screws going directly into the back of the box did you remove those too?
Nope, I assumed they were only connected to the speaker box. Ah, I see, looks like those are connected to the sides of the cab? Got it.
You'll likely need to bend the metal brackets to get them out, that's what I ended up doing. I'm not sure how they are originally put in exactly unless other panels or something are removed. The metal will bend back though after reinstalling and all seemed to be ok for me after that.
Cool, thanks. I didn't realize the brackets were connected under the speaker boxes too. That makes sense though, bend them away from the front of the frame a little? Which direction do the speaker boxes come out from?

BlinG

Grand Master
Reaction score
Nope, I assumed they were only connected to the speaker box. Ah, I see, looks like those are connected to the sides of the cab? Got it.

Cool, thanks. I didn't realize the brackets were connected under the speaker boxes too. That makes sense though, bend them away from the front of the frame a little? Which direction do the speaker boxes come out from?
There's 3 screws holding in the brackets. To get to the 3rd screw you need to seperate the cabinet into two pieces, which is a huge chore. Just take the two screws off that you can get to and slightly bend the bracket away from the speaker and they should slide out.

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
I didn't want to brute force, so I separated the front and back of the cabinet to get the speakers out. The brackets are sandwiched between. You don't have to fully separate, just enough to pull the brackets out. It wasn't that bad.

You need a good JIS standard screwdriver to turn the cabinet screws.

tDRG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've removed the two available sets of screws, so I'll try bending the brackets and sliding the boxes out. Approximately how far do I have to bend them, 90 degrees? Then the boxes slide out towards the back of the cab? The cables for the marquee light are also tied down to the bracket, so I guess I should untie them first?

clam_wattson

Student
Reaction score
If you've never had your cabinet in half you might as well open it up and give everything a deep clean while you rebuild the speakers. Bending the brackets seems like such a bad idea to me.

mattsoft

Professional
Reaction score
I've removed the two available sets of screws, so I'll try bending the brackets and sliding the boxes out. Approximately how far do I have to bend them, 90 degrees? Then the boxes slide out towards the back of the cab? The cables for the marquee light are also tied down to the bracket, so I guess I should untie them first?

I had to bend them "all the way" back, like until they were flat with the cabinet, then the speaker boxes slide out with some force. Just leave them bent back until you are ready to replace the boxes. The brackets feel flimsy enough that too much bending back and forth might cause metal fatigue.

Kidkaos

Professional
Reaction score
I really don't see why they would need to be bent more than once each way... just rebuild them and let them be. And if you're worried about needing to do them in the future buy some spares from Yaton or Kc and stick them in the cab so once you cross that bridge you'll be worry free. I've replaced mine and they bent back to shape just fine without splitting any cabs....with that being said I also didn't bend them all the way back, just far back enough for them to slide out

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@nem thanks for the files. Got a friend to print them for me. Speakers are in the mail.
91C70FC2-8962-434F-9C0D-E8B8109A2638.jpeg