What's new
What version of the firmware do you guys have? The one in the first post or another one?

So I read through all this thread on updating the type 3 firmware and it seems it requires a network board. Unfortunately I'm out of luck because of the fact the Chihiro I have doesn't have a network board (some games don't come shipped with these boards). Finding one won't be easy either. The only other possibility left updating the firmware is through replacing the current media board flashrom with an updated one but that likely wouldn't work due to "serial number ID" related reasons.

I'm speaking of this for a proper solution to ditch the problematic GDROM drive with a more reliable form of storage.

Export games regularly came without network boards. A friend of mine had an OutRun 2 single without one.

I gave him a network board that I had bought from eBay, so that he could netboot.

I wonder if @YATON has extras?

Can you post a picture please?
Export games regularly came without network boards. A friend of mine had an OutRun 2 single without one.

I gave him a network board that I had bought from eBay, so that he could netboot.

I wonder if @YATON has extras?
Expect a pic in a few days.

Fortunately, I am getting a spare network board in the future from a friend of mine. Imo single Outrun 2 cabs not having a network board to link other cabs seemed...strange. At least with Ghost Squad you couldn't network other cabs so Sega couldn't find any reason to include one.

I wondered too if the motherboard he had in the cab had beed replaced at some point. However, the OutRun 2 version he has also works without a network board, so I'm not sure anymore. I tried CF booting SP without a network board, and it threw an Error 14 and complained about network firmware not fulfilling spec.

I guess you need to borrow a network board, update firmware to one supporting CF and then load the game from there.

Yeah my Ghost Squad UR cab has a type 3 with no network board... Had to borrow one from one of my OR2 cabs to install the new firmware.

Hey guys, just playing around with the Chihiro now that I've got one and wanting to create other games on CF

Here's the information I have of my chihiro

65PwAqtl.jpg

As you can see the FW info seems to be the same numbers as the one located on the first page of this thread. Does DS' bios and original differ in anyway (identifier wise?)
Reason I ask is because I've burnt a zero key and copied a game to the cf (same process as I do for the Naomi except without the - p flag using gcfi) but I'm getting error 26 - I'm not sure if it's:

1. Zero pic isn't burnt properly for chihiro (but I'm using the same file and same settings for Naomi net dimm)
2. I haven't burnt the cf game properly
3. I don't have the correct FW

Chihiro works fine when I use the or2sp cf card and its respective pic

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

All those numbers look correct (compared to mine that is on the bench right now). Are you sure the PIC was programmed correctly? I know there are some security settings you have to turn on, etc.

edited:

Yep - that is it (PIC chip isn't found).

1667273920281.png

Thanks. I'll definitely recheck the pic. It's the same pic as the Naomi net dimm right?

Yeah I used the _NET one.

These are the settings I used which is what I use for Naomi

1667276254988.png

The CPD and CP is disabled on mine, but on your one it's enabled, so I might try that.

I'm also not sure if I should FFFF the MFA.ID or not

Yeah I used the _NET one.

These are the settings I used which is what I use for Naomi

1667276254988.png

The CPD and CP is disabled on mine, but on your one it's enabled, so I might try that.

I'm also not sure if I should FFFF the MFA.ID or not
I would change CPD and CP to enabled, and don't mess with the other values - see if that works.

Matt

Back