What's new
If there are other collectors out there thinking about joining this forum... and they see that the way you treat newcomers is you try to guilt them into giving up their collection... why would they want to be a part of this community. Why would they even bring up that they have anything rare. Have some integrity guys, it will get you want you want faster.

I would also like to see this dumped, but it honestly can't be that rare - more like this game was just not the popular one. If the community keeps an eye out for it I'm sure it'll turn up eventually. In the meantime, is the scsi2sd really that cumbersome? I mean if this were dumped it would shave like a half inch off height in my cps3 case. That's it. If this was a completely undumped game I might care more, but here I am playing Warzard just like everyone else here OP (you all have sf3 loaded don't, lie).

Or another route, is there a path in examining the other NoCD games and finding the differences, then just building a nocd version?

I thought sharing what I had with this community would be a cool thing to do. I'm starting to regret doing that now.
Na man no regrets, as you said you've got the equivalent of a winning lotto ticket and everyone wants a piece that's all. ;)
then just building a nocd version?
This is a question for @idc and @Darksoft I was under the impression that Capcom skillfully changed up the code so a "one size fits all" solution could never exist.
Ie we can't predict how or where these noCD flags are because they occur at unique locations for each game.

Or another route, is there a path in examining the other NoCD games and finding the differences, then just building a nocd version?
IIRC there is a flag for setting the NoCD version but while that works with some other games it doesn't on this one, which is why there is such interest in getting the dump.

My precious Warzard no cd .jpg

I would also like to see this dumped, but it honestly can't be that rare - more like this game was just not the popular one. If the community keeps an eye out for it I'm sure it'll turn up eventually. In the meantime, is the scsi2sd really that cumbersome? I mean if this were dumped it would shave like a half inch off height in my cps3 case. That's it. If this was a completely undumped game I might care more, but here I am playing Warzard just like everyone else here OP (you all have sf3 loaded don't, lie).
@ekorz has it right, if you have something like @hursit cps3 case you couldn't ever tell that a scsi2sd is connected once the game has booted :thumbsup:

If there are other collectors out there thinking about joining this forum... and they see that the way you treat newcomers is you try to guilt them into giving up their collection... why would they want to be a part of this community. Why would they even bring up that they have anything rare. Have some integrity guys, it will get you want you want faster.
See, this I definitely disagree with. It's a discussion board. People with different views discussing things, almost always with very little to no drama. If some collector doesn't want to be part of this community because not everyone here shares the same views, then good riddance.

Yeah, the Ferrari example isn't quite on the same scale, but I'll give what I believe to be an adequate comparison.

I collect wrist watches. Let's say I had a rare quartz watch that was nearly impossible to find in working condition and for which no service documentation could be found. And lets say some other collectors who have dead ones asked me to desolder some parts from mine so that out-of-circuit measurements could be taken and documented so that they could diagnose theirs.

Sounds like a noble request. However, I'm not going to risk mucking up my now perfectly functional and rare item. I would rather put it up for sale for some obscene price (hint-hint :P ) than risk degrading it in any way.
-ud

If he wants to sell it before it dies, then maybe one of the few who are pressuring him to give it up will buy it for the right price, and they can sacrifice it instead. :)
I would rather put it up for sale for some obscene price (hint-hint :P ) than risk degrading it in any way.
Sounds like we’re pretty much thinking the same here. :D

Hello All,

I have updated the first post with 4 new Bioses that are 100% NOCD. You dont need a CD Drive anymore (but obviously you can't change a game with this BIOS).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0qul3rlzfje8bn/SuperBIOS_NOCD+AsiaNOCD_Custom&Standard_.7z/file

Also, just FYI. If you want to run as ASIA NOCD cartridge, you just need to change the region in your cart. To do this, just take any of the SuperBIOS NOCD Carts that I just posted and change the region byte, which is located at offset 0x20733:
  • In standard SH2, you need to write 08.
  • In custom SH2 BIOS, you need to replace the value with B8.
I dont know what will happen with games other than Warzard, they may run like any of the regions or not run. Maybe someone can check?

There's any difference from that NOCD BIOS that you sent me already?

Asia version of 3s is known to have missing sounds. notably ken's shoryuken is changed to a kind of grunt... I haven't looked up or gone through it in a while, but I remember that was one of the reasons people didn't want to get their dead carts resurrected as Asia region back in the day.

However the option of making simms with enough capacity for 6-8 games which can be changed via dip switches is very feasible. It could be done with some sort of PCB that hooks where the SIMMs go, so no soldering would be required. Installation would be a bit like CPS2 Multi but once it's installed it would be 0 seconds game changing.
Will this ever happen :)
One year later, it happened :)

Back