What's new
I'm using the Jasen case dips. I was using the filter mount one just to make sure the behavior is consistent with the dips on the Jasen's case.

So, I did some more comprehensive testing using a few patterns of dips: all off, all on, alternating on-off, and alternating off-on. My findings:
  • A3 behaves erratically
  • C4 is always OFF
  • C6 is always OFF
  • If all dips are ON, the on-screen settings values (e.g. CONTINUE is ON) behave as expected as long as they don't rely on the bad dips above. But the dip readout shows all dips as OFF except for A3, which I mentioned behaves erratically.
So I'll redo soldering for A3, C4, and C6. Not sure what to make of the case where all dips are on.
When you desolder the PCB, test the switches with no remote location DIP PCB installed.

A3, C4, and C6 on the A-board work fine. The remote board's A3, C4, and C6 still don't work after re-soldering, so I think @Mitsurugi-w is right that the remote board is damaged. I think I tore off those pads after inadequate desoldering. I'll DM him to order another one.

A3, C4, and C6 on the A-board work fine. The remote board's A3, C4, and C6 still don't work after re-soldering, so I think @Mitsurugi-w is right that the remote board is damaged. I think I tore off those pads after inadequate desoldering. I'll DM him to order another one.
You may want to try using something like Kester 44 and going very light on the solder joint. You can then use something like chipquik to easily remove it later on with a large soldering tip. Just for future reference. Most of us have destroyed shit at one point or another.

Good info @GeorgeSpinner

Maybe thats the issue that @raynex has. Maybe he can try with a different A board if he has one.
Just want to update that the A board has been confirmed to work with the Multi. So it's now down to the C board and the Multi itself. I have a C board incoming and it is supposedly unmodified so hopefully that is the culprit. Here's a photo of said unmodified board from the site.

Attachments

• Maybe unmodified C Board.png
    Maybe unmodified C Board.png
    617.3 KB · Views: 52
Just want to update that the A board has been confirmed to work with the Multi. So it's now down to the C board and the Multi itself. I have a C board incoming and it is supposedly unmodified so hopefully that is the culprit. Here's a photo of said unmodified board from the site.
I'm not sure if that's good news or bad.

Good, if it's the C board; bad, if it's the multi.

Let's hope it's the C board.

The C board pictured looks unmodified.

How has the A board been confirmed to work with the multi? You have tested on another DarkSoft CPS Multi?

I'm not sure if that's good news or bad.

Good, if it's the C board; bad, if it's the multi.

Let's hope it's the C board.

The C board pictured looks unmodified.

How has the A board been confirmed to work with the multi? You have tested on another DarkSoft CPS Multi?
I sent the A board to my friend who has a Darksoft CPS Multi. I left the Darksoft PAL and the wires on, so he literally just popped the Darksoft board onto my A board and turned it on. It worked first try. He made a video as well. Kikaso and Clint both watched it at least; maybe a few others. So, we know the Darksoft PAL and A board both work fine. So...I am realllly hoping the C board is the culprit cause I don't want to see what I need to do if the Multi is bad. lol.

In the Japanese set where the multipacks are available online, Knights of the Round has graphical glitches. Confirmed it is the rom and not my board.

Can you give us the checksum of the files you are using ? crc32, md5 or sha1 is fine.

Also some pictures showing the issue please ?

I have a problem.

Choose a game. And after about 10 minutes of playing, the screen turns off and turns on again after 5-10 seconds. I have an issue where the screen doesn't come out at all while looping.
I replaced the A board, but the problem is not solved.

The soldering of the wire connecting the A board and the loader is also perfect. The romset used 'Darksoft CPS-1 2022-05-13'. The PAL was also installed in the correct place.

yes. The sound and game programming are good. Only the screen turns off.

So screen cuts off but game keeps playing?

Can you give us the checksum of the files you are using ? crc32, md5 or sha1 is fine.

Also some pictures showing the issue please ?
Here you go:=.

CRCs for following files in order. Taken from Japan v 2.1 pack.

1666475188948.png

1666475141789.png

Was hard to get a photo, but you can see white outline on red and blue solider in the snapshot below.
1666475342825.jpeg

Back