What's new
At first, it is playable. But later it becomes impossible to play. In this situation, switching to another game does not improve.
Could that be a temperature issue? It starts out ok but then starts messing up. Then you leave it a while and it's ok again.

Have you watched it to make sure its not dipping around the time the pcb resets? 5.08v is a better number to keep it at.
Voltage is always checked, and pcb is always checked when reading a file.
When I went out and came back to check it, the pcb didn't work. Just a black screen with no 'No signal' indication on the screen.

I have two darksoft cps1 loaders. The one with the Q1 chip installed works very well in the same cabinet. What doesn't work is the model with the FPGA installed, not the Q1 chip.

@THCsoftcore thank you. Those are correct.

Can you please try this set in MAME to determine if the issue is present there ?

Just want to update that the A board has been confirmed to work with the Multi. So it's now down to the C board and the Multi itself. I have a C board incoming and it is supposedly unmodified so hopefully that is the culprit. Here's a photo of said unmodified board from the site.
The C Board finally came in. Tracking was weird with it as it just shows arriving in New York and then took 5 days to show up in our regional USPS office; no customs check or anything. Anyways, The C board wasn't how it was pictured but it was marked as being a "for normal game" board. B-21, PAL, etc. Looks identical to the one that was misbehaving. Regardless, the new one is working flawlessly. The C Board was indeed causing my black screen and messed up graphics issues. Maybe it'll help people diagnose any future issues as a possibility. Gonna play a few more games and then re-install the CPS2 Digital HDMI MOD.

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

I reinstalled the CPS2Digital with CPS1 Adapter I made from the Open source project and it works like a charm. Gonna design the HDMI bracket so it has more support cause the only thing holding that entire kit up are the 3 pin headers on the CPS1 adapter...that's it. I almost forgot that Q sound games doesn't output to HDMI yet. Hoping that mod/adapter comes out but for now, I'll have to figure out how to wire up the audio to output over the HDMI video.

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

I am having a crazy problem where my fade bits aren't quite working right - but everything else is.. waiting for some new cps2 digitalAV board to come out (which is probably a long ways away) to try and swap it out to see if it fixes my issue!

A3, C4, and C6 on the A-board work fine. The remote board's A3, C4, and C6 still don't work after re-soldering, so I think @Mitsurugi-w is right that the remote board is damaged. I think I tore off those pads after inadequate desoldering. I'll DM him to order another one.
To close this out, Mitsurugi-w sent me the goods, I installed them, and my remote dips are all behaving how they should. Hooray! Thank you to everyone who chimed in, including @Mitsurugi-w, @dos, @ekorz, @tonyt76, @mathewbeall, and especially @GeorgeSpinner. Sorry if I missed anyone-- a lot of people offered great suggestions.

Next up is to figure out why my kick buttons aren't working through the kick helper. 😅 Edit: Oh, that was easy. Just needed to swap which kick harnesses from the Multi PCB connected to which connector on the kick harness helper.

Last edited:
CPS1.5 game is not running

1、A board 89626a-4

B board darksoft CPS1/1.5 multi(buy from www.saveyourgames.it)

with a FPGA Q-Sound chip

C board come with cps1 multi

Pal come with cps1 multi

Double check the green wire reset and red wire qsound.

Change brand and reformated sdcard .8g 32g sandisk and come with mister sd card.

2 cps1 games is ok.and put the qsound.bin in the sd card root dir.

3 run cps1/1.5 games with the original PAL. On original PAL none of my qsound games booted. Cadillacs was black screen. Others 1.5 games get RAM ERR. Cps1 game is ok.

run cps1/1.5 games with the custom PAL. nothing change.

4 should I buy a custom pal from www.saveyourgames.it again?

5 I had asked www.saveyourgames.it for help, he sent me to this forum for help.

6 where can I get the custom pal or repair the cps1/1.5 multi kit? @Darksoft
1832A983-087B-463A-BE57-252789AE9368.jpeg

Problem seems to be the PAL. Are you sure that the cable is properly connected? Are you able to write your own PALs/Gals?

May have happened to others, but couldn't get the CPS1 multi to display any of the games after selecting from LCD. Erased and then black screen. Lots of testing. New C board. Connected A board back to original game. Everything is fine....

Turns out it was cus I had formatted the SD card and setup the games folder on a Mac. Once I reformatted the SD card in Windows and transferred the games everything worked. I'm assuming the Multi had issue with the hidden files Apple file system uses.

Glad you’re up and running @Lions3 — the hidden mac files do indeed throw the multi off. At the very least setting Spotlight not to populate on the SD and running a dot_clean is always the best course of action on all multis.

Problem seems to be the PAL. Are you sure that the cable is properly connected? Are you able to write your own PALs/Gals?
Are you sure that the cable is properly connected?
yes,I have use the multimeter check wire and the pal pin.

I am a newbie of the pcb.
which programmer and pal should I buy?

if I can buy the custom pal alone.that is easy to me
@Darksoft

when I installed the custom pal come with cps1/1.5 multi.
I used the multimeter check the red QSOUND wire to the pal PIN is connected.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 11.15.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 11.15.05 AM.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 33
Hi guys I just got a cps1 multi that was tested and working before I got it and I'm having problems I get this screen
20221031_170154.jpg

And when I load a rom it says failed on the lcd
20221031_170209.jpg

Is there a certain rom pack for it I need?

Back