What's new
My multi works, but if I shut off the cab and restart with warriors of fate loaded, I get "ram error" Screen, any idea?
No issue with other games

Last edited:
Make sure your three wires are have a tight connection. I replaced the connector on the multi with a better one for this reason.

Ok. Make sure they are tight. I have three wires because I have a dual crystal proto installed. Sorry about that.

Hi I recently assembled my CPS1 multi and every game works as it should except for Strider. I have downloaded several rom packs for Strider and each of them shows the intial rom check as “OK” and then the screen goes black with no picture or sound. I have all of my dipswitches set to “OFF”. Is this perhaps a dipswitch issue? Thanks!

I’ve had some recommend swapping out the A board, but I just don’t see the A board being the problem when every game works as it should outside of Strider. I know Strider was originally a 10Mhz crystal game with later versions being able to play on 12Mhz crystal boards. I’m running a SF2 CE dash board and 12Mhz crystal, w/Darksoft C-board. Unless there is a specific Strider rom that I’m missing, I’m open to further suggestions.

I’ve had some recommend swapping out the A board, but I just don’t see the A board being the problem when every game works as it should outside of Strider. I know Strider was originally a 10Mhz crystal game with later versions being able to play on 12Mhz crystal boards. I’m running a SF2 CE dash board and 12Mhz crystal, w/Darksoft C-board. Unless there is a specific Strider rom that I’m missing, I’m open to further suggestions.
I had a similar issue. If you go all the way back to the first week or 2 of the CPS1 multi being out you will see it in this thread.

I swapped the a board and everything worked fine after that.

I think ghouls n ghosts wasn't working for me...

I still use the replaced a board with the lidz CPS1 multi and it works fine. Even in ghouls n ghosts.

It probably is the a board.

I had a similar issue. If you go all the way back to the first week or 2 of the CPS1 multi being out you will see it in this thread.

I swapped the a board and everything worked fine after that.

I think ghouls n ghosts wasn't working for me...

I still use the replaced a board with the lidz CPS1 multi and it works fine. Even in ghouls n ghosts.

It probably is the a board.
Thanks! I guess I’ll have to pickup another dash board and go from there! Appreciate you!

UPDATE: Strider is now working! I didn’t have to replace the A-board after all. I dismantled my multi and removed all of the socketed chips from the A-board and hit all of the pin connectors with sandpaper, blew out the sockets with compressed air, re-assembled everything, and presto Strider now works 100%.

UPDATE: Strider is now working! I didn’t have to replace the A-board after all. I dismantled my multi and removed all of the socketed chips from the A-board and hit all of the pin connectors with sandpaper, blew out the sockets with compressed air, re-assembled everything, and presto Strider now works 100%.
Maybe I should have done the same!

I'm looking for some help on an issue I'm having with my multi. I just got this recently from HighScoreSaves and got it installed on a known-good A-Board. All games I've tried seem to work well except MERCS (all regions) -- and some of the hacks that I understand used bootleg boards (previously discussed). I saw that was on the known issues list, but it mentioned only beginning in the second level where I'm seeing it as unplayable - most sprites seem to work but backgrounds are totally corrupt - I can't see the characters after starting the game either. Any advice would be much appreciated, I'd be happy to test anything you need to track down the issue. Photos attached on my setup and screens on the game to exhibit the issue. I'd be happy to also grab a video if needed to show things further.

Basic setup:
- DASH 12Mhz A-Board known working and tested with SF2HF B/C boards
- Darksoft Repro C-Board
- HAS Supergun w/HAS Extender
- Meanwell RT-65A PSU
- Roms from the "multipacks" archives, SD cards formatted with SD Card Formatter then formatted FAT32 with guiformat.exe, then the files on the card sorted with FAT Sorter (all on a Windows 11 PC)
- Updated the multi to the latest firmware (the one that was released to fix the Mac SD card issues)
- All DIPS in the OFF position

What I've tried:
- A backup known-working DASH 12Mhz A-Board (tested with my SF2HF B/C boards)
- A backup Darksoft Repro C-Board
- 3 different SD Cards (Samsung EVO Select 256GB SDXC, SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC, TEAM 8GB SDHC (from DE10Nano))
- Confirmed 5.00v at the extender voltmeter (and on the jamma edge)
- Cleaned all socketable chips and sockets on the A-Board with contact cleaner, IPA, Deoxit
- Both A-Boards were previously fully recapped with Nichicon caps and tested
- RE-cleaned the JAMMA edge on both A-boards that I tried
- Reseated the filter board, multi-board, and c-board multiple times
- Tried all three region packs to confirm if the issue is with one specific bad ROM (all MERCS roms in all regions seem to exhibit the issues)
- Ran the CPS Diagnostic rom, showed no issues with either A-board
- Double checked all dips are set to OFF on both A-boards that were tried

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2023-09-02 22.31.11.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.31.11.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 2023-09-02 22.31.47.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.31.47.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 2023-09-02 22.39.01.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.39.01.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 2023-09-02 22.41.29.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.41.29.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2023-09-02 22.41.42.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.41.42.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2023-09-02 22.43.36.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.43.36.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 2023-09-02 22.47.01.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.47.01.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 2023-09-02 22.47.09.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.47.09.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 2023-09-02 22.47.17.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.47.17.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2023-09-02 22.47.34.jpg
    2023-09-02 22.47.34.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 47
This looks to me like a problem with the firmware. Can you go one version before and let us know if that changed?

This looks to me like a problem with the firmware. Can you go one version before and let us know if that changed?
I'd be happy to, is there a link to download that? I just see the recent firmware in the first post here -- if there is a firmware archive somewhere I could try a couple versions and see if any are better/worse and let you know.

I'd be happy to, is there a link to download that? I just see the recent firmware in the first post here -- if there is a firmware archive somewhere I could try a couple versions and see if any are better/worse and let you know.
Actually found a previous one on this thread. it was a flash update to fix Chiki Chiki Boys:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cps1-multi-official-thread.16259/

Unfortunately I see the same issues in this firmware as on the recently released one. I started up Final Fight and that was fine (just to test another game on this firmware). If there is a different firmware you'd like me to try out let me know.

Back