What's new
if my set up is HAS —-> HAS jamma extender —> multi (no 3p helper board), and my HAS has a 3p/4p module installed, how should I get 3player MERCS going?

I don’t think the HAS included a 3p4p cps1 harness but I could be wrong? @RGB my HAS is from 2019

I know I could get mitsu’s helper board and bypass the HAS 3p4p completely with a neo geo controller or db15 to Saturn but wouldn’t it make more sense to utilize the HAS 3p4p module somehow?

You'd need a 3/4 player harness between the 3P4P module and the CPS-1, which means the harness would need to be pretty long because you also use the JAMMA extender.

I used to offer CPS-1.5 3/4 player harnesses.

I think I bought every single kick harness you offered in 2019. I’ll check to see if I got it. Thanks @RGB

@RGB both of the connectors on this harness enable 3player functionality, works good. Is this the intended use of this harness? My emails and PMs with you don’t show any time where I bought a 3p/4p cps1 harness.

IMG_0335.jpeg

Reactions: RGB
The intended use was the CPS-1.5, but the pinout is the same for the CPS-1. Can't help you with the PMs/emails, though.

The intended use was the CPS-1.5, but the pinout is the same for the CPS-1. Can't help you with the PMs/emails, though.

Can you explain what each end of the harness is intended to do? (Pictured above) It’s x2 cps1 kick/3p4p and then x1 small connector with 2 wires….the small one is the same as the HAS kick harness connector I believe.

Can you explain what each end of the harness is intended to do? (Pictured above) It’s x2 cps1 kick/3p4p and then x1 small connector with 2 wires….the small one is the same as the HAS kick harness connector I believe.
Two 10-pin JST NH connectors connect player 3 and 4.

The 6-pin JST XH connects directly to the HAS' kick harness connector, but it's required only by the Saturday Night Slam Masters. The reason for this is that the CPS-1.5 3/4 player connectors map only two action buttons (A and B) while the SNSM uses 3 action buttons, so Capcom mapped player 3/4 button C to player 1/2 button D on the JAMMA edge. The JST XH connector with two wires does just that, it connects buttons C to the JAMMA edge via the HAS' kick harness connector. I know this is confusing, but I tried my best :D

snsm.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All, I’m having issues with my multi. The multi was working for a good while with no problem. Recently I can get it to work. I just get a black screen, strange noise and graphic glitches (see video). The A board I have tested with my captain commando and it works no problem one I switch pal chip. All dip switches I have are set two off. Switch on B board is set to off as I have a two pal chip c board. A boards seem seated correctly, SD card I have reformatted and add roms again on a window machine. Green light shows on B board, I can changes games using programmer. They say now playing when changed. Can anyone help troubleshoot. Also a board was recapped, c board modified and original installation by a professional.

Attachments

• IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2874.jpeg
    IMG_2874.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2875.jpeg
    IMG_2875.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2876.jpeg
    IMG_2876.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2877.jpeg
    IMG_2877.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2878.jpeg
    IMG_2878.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 15
I had a similar issue with my multi and it was the A board.

The same A board works fine with the very game that didn't work on the multi. It also works fine with a Chinese multi.

I would try a new A board. It's never bad to have a spare even if it's not the A board.

I had a similar situation where my A-board suddenly stopped booting my multi. Worked fine with an original romboard but just would not boot the multi anymore.

Last edited:

The same A board works fine with the very game that didn't work on the multi. It also works fine with a Chinese multi.

I would try a new A board. It's never bad to have a spare even if it's not the A board.
Thanks, I’ll swapped my captain commando A board over. Straight swap, nothing wasted

I had a similar situation where my A-board suddenly stopped booting my multi. Worked fine with an original romboard but just would not boot the multi anymore.
Very strange indeed. But I will just swap over boards with captain commando.

Just a follow up did your A board stop booting the multi after using a spinner for the first time. My one first went wrong after using a spinner. Might just be coincidence, but just curious.

Just a follow up did your A board stop booting the multi after using a spinner for the first time. My one first went wrong after using a spinner. Might just be coincidence, but just curious.
No, I've never used a spinner with my multi. My A board was bad with the darksoft multi from the start.

Maybe power is not good enough. Can you check the 5V or try a different PSU?
Do you mean check 5v is coming into the jamma edge on the A board? I’ve dialled in 5v using my PSU, the supergun display shows 5v. But I will try using my other psu and other supergun (HAS). Thanks for the tip.

Ok I swapped supergun, and psu. Used a different A board. The same issue. Black screen, some games have music but I guess that is based on dip settings. And generally get the following screen when erasing games. Is it maybe the PAL chip that came with multi being faulty?

Attachments

• IMG_2894.jpeg
    IMG_2894.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 8
Back