What's new
Very much doubt it's a multi issue to be honest.
Agreed, was just posting here in case I missed anyone else with the same Control Box and issue :)

I've got several motherboards and a stack of carts (including Pulstar) if you want to bring it down to test. Your motherboard or control box may also need a recap.

Interested to know how you go adjusting the pots assuming it has that option.

Pulstar is also known to have issues on the multi, so it could be that, not sure what the known issues are though.
Awesome, thanks again xodaraP, you've been a great help thus far.

Can't see any RGB pots inside the unit, and it's new. Like I said *EVERYTHING* works on this control box/supergun except for RGB output using a Neo Geo, S-Video works fine? Could it maybe be an issue with the Neo Geo motherboard perhaps or the way the encoder in the box is handling the RGB signal. Didn't @SmokeMonster have something to say about this recently?

Could well be, the S-Video will be handled separately as it needs to be converted from straight RGB

Could be an issue of attenuation as well.

Can't see any RGB pots inside the unit, and it's new. Like I said *EVERYTHING* works on this control box/supergun except for RGB output using a Neo Geo, S-Video works fine? Could it maybe be an issue with the Neo Geo motherboard perhaps or the way the encoder in the box is handling the RGB signal. Didn't @SmokeMonster have something to say about this recently?
The problem is that no superguns do anything to standardize the RGB/S, except for the HAS. All other guns simply pass-through whatever RGB/S is sent from the PCB. So you are at the mercy of each PCB to determine if it's going to work with your monitor/processor via RGB. A few guns might strip the sync, but most don't even bother to do that. S-video works for you because it has a JROK or something in there that processes the composite. Some guns skate around the issue by outputting (very, very ugly) component too. That leaves you out of luck with pure RGB though and you will need to manually tinker with the levels somehow.

This is why compatibility is so hit or miss with most guns, and why it's like 100% for Jamma boards with a HAS. The HAS processes the RGB and sends out perfect 75ohm, regardless of what's sent in. It also rebuilds the sync as perfect Csync regardless of what's sent in. And it attenuates all audio sent in to line-level. Yes, I love the HAS if you can't tell.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this. People are considering me to be a supergun guru now and I don't want to unnecessarily poo-poo non-HAS superguns if I don't have to. The word needs to get out though and these old passive supergun circuits need to become a thing of the past, especially now that they're killing switches and putting expensive components like OSSCs in danger.

Sentinel Supergun - but I'll leave him to confirm everything first, he's made a few design changes lately. I think he's close to finalising though.

Thanks for the mention @xodaraP

@SmokeMonster

My upcoming supergun is named the sentinel. Australian based and very price competitive. I'm still finalising/tweaking the design however am very near completion.

Some brief highlights:

Regenerated/buffered/attenuated RGBS.

Attenuated audio with option to enable/disable as required.

Outputs RGB scart, composite, s-video. Audio passes through the scart cable as well as RCA. Mono/stereo switch for boards that support stereo via the Jamma edge.

Neo Geo and Snes controller compatible. Kick harness connector for CPS1/CPS2. Full 6 button support.

Coin/test/service tactile switches.

On/off switch.

Voltage LED indicators for +5V, 12V, -5V. Voltmeter to monitor +5V and 12V, selectable via switch.

Can be powered via 20/24 pin ATX or arcade PSU. Onboard negative 5V generation if required and not supplied from the PSU.

Mounting holes x4 for PCB feet.

Extremely compact at only 60mm depth.

Think that covers most of it. Would be happy to send you a review unit for testing once ready, if you would be kind enough to just cover a small amount for postage.

Hi,
I bought a new microSD, a Samsung Evo Plus 16 GB, Class 10, and UHS Speed Class 3. Declared read/write speed: 95/90 MB/s. Measured (with SpeedOut) read/write speed: 18.2 / 12.5 MB/s
Sounds like your SD media adapter is USB based and you are hitting the USB maximum transfer rate.

Hi,
I bought a new microSD, a Samsung Evo Plus 16 GB, Class 10, and UHS Speed Class 3. Declared read/write speed: 95/90 MB/s. Measured (with SpeedOut) read/write speed: 18.2 / 12.5 MB/s
Sounds like your SD media adapter is USB based and you are hitting the USB maximum transfer rate.
yes, i'm using an USB adapter. So the measure that I have done aren't correct...but in this case i don't know how i can test them correctly...

But that said, it seems that my loading times are too long. In particular loading times when I turn on the console and the games are already loaded in the cache. Am i right? Or do you have same loading times, more or less? I tried 2 microSD with same results...I don't know if both microSD aren't enough good or if the problem is related to another cause...

Hello everyone!

A new version of the FPGA firmware that elminates the GFX glitches on 4 and 6 slots has been released. It shouldn't have any othe effects as our tests show and it's that way in all the mobos that I tried.

The 4- and 6-slot have another buffers, among others PCLK1 clock which is used for CROMs which causes that the pull-down on our board limits the voltage on this signal to 2.8V.

At some points, the FPGA "reads" the wrong clock cycles on this clock - the patch digitally filters this behavior.

To make a long story short, this fix should:
A) remove GFX glitches on 4 and 6 slot
B) Have no other effect on the rest of motherboards.

Just unpack into \update folder and power on. If the update was succesful the file will be deleted.

All Issues related to Firmware should be fixed. Now we are just adding features...

Check here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Thanks!!

P.S. We've got the KOF98 issue which may be Firmware or Menu related.

Does the multi MVS work on an AES with a converter?
No, not with a single available adapter out there
I have not tested as many adapters as PascalP (:P), but I can assure that it does not work with neither the Magic Key MVS converter (the blue one, no clue about the black or green ones) nor the Daedalus converter. Incidentally, those seem to be the most decent converters available so far.

Back