What's new
I haven't tested any adapters myself, but @Darksoft stated before the multi didn't work with any converter out there

Oh that's weird.
But I guess the multi cart uses some signals in a different way than originally intended.
Or is it intentional?

its due to extra delays that the converter adds on some buses.

A new version of the FPGA firmware that elminates the GFX glitches on 4 and 6 slots has been released. It shouldn't have any othe effects as our tests show and it's that way in all the mobos that I tried.
I can confirm the gfx issues are nearly gone on my 4slot after this update - thanks! There are minor gfx glitches while scrolling through the games list and sometimes when selecting items in the settings menus, but I assume the cause of those is unrelated to what this update corrected. They are minimal at best from what I've seen so far.

Yeah the menu glitches are menu related and low priority ATM. How is everything in game?

Yeah the menu glitches are menu related and low priority ATM. How is everything in game?
I didn't get a chance to spend much time with it - it did seem like I saw a few minor gfx issues during attract in whatever game I had loaded, but it was overall much better than prior to the update. From what I recall, I didn't see any gfx issues in game for the few minutes I had it running. I will spend more time with it tonight and report back.

its due to extra delays that the converter adds on some buses.
Thanks for the precision but now I'm even more curious.
Hardware is identical between MVS and AES except for C ROM access (parallel/serialised, which doesn't impact the ability of the game to boot).
Why does it work on MVS and not on AES?

hi, I changed the battery of my consolized, now the date/time is correctly saved :)

I tried again the 2 micrsd comparign the loading times, here my results: s31.postimg.cc/mvpx1k3d7/Immagine2.png

I noticed in addition that if i delete the BUFF and SLOT1, SLOT2 and SLOT 3 file and if i clean the nvram, it seems that the loading times are lower.

For example i tried Ninja Masters, Prehistoric Isle 2 and Pulstar: From "Exit and PRogram" to Neo geo log, it needed 1" 45" with Kingston. I deleted the files nd cleaned the nvram and test it again: only 47"
And it happened with other test. It seems that is better to clean often the nvram and deleted the BUFF file (and SLOT1, SLOT2,SLOT 3 probably).

What do you think?

In any case the loading time are bigger than nomral in my opinion...can anyone test some games as in my test please?

Thank you!

while using 7 zip to extract rom pack with freshly formatted card I get this prompt.

Attachments

• IMG_8990.JPG
    IMG_8990.JPG
    456.4 KB · Views: 225
you shouldn't be extracting directly to the card, extract to your windows drive then copy the files over.

Extracted base pack to my machine.
Formatted the sd. I am using a '16gb sandisk ultra hci a1 10'.
Copied the games and update directories over to the sd. I did not place the firmware files onto the sd.
Got the test screen again, I let run for several minutes, then did a power cycle to the same result.

Mobo is mv1fs and multi has the cut trace.

supergun/pvm set up I use plays samsho fine.

Should I try the whole process again this time with the firmware update? For some reason I do not think it is gonna change anything. When you format do you click the box for quick format or no?

I've updated my cart with the latest Menu and FW and on my 4 slot there are still a few glitches although much improved on before.
I tried Turfmasters, Magical Drop 3 and Metal Slug.

4slotglitch01.jpg
4slotglitch03.jpg

Attachments

• 4slotglitch02.jpg
    4slotglitch02.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 243
@t-m I'm pretty confident that the source must be a different one. Not the firmware. Can you try with another motherboard or microsd?

@Darksoft I can try on my 1-Slot later.

I'll add i've not done the power glitch fix to my PCB, I assume this wasn't necessary for multi-slots

Power glitch should not be needed but let's see first how it works on your 1-slot.

Back