What's new
I'm in the process of building new board. Currently waiting for connector... Every big shop (mouser,farnell...) are annoucing huge delays and other sources says they got it but never ship.
I hope to have some in May.

Regarding Spikeout, i think @varvar made a sound pack or started one at least.
I had a look and it's both the most annoying and the easiest game i saw :D

The sound test contains effects and BGM; good.
The BGM start at after 1100 effects; annoying.
The code sent to DSB is shown: wonderful !

You can have a look here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIyGsRi9byE

The code AE10 means "play BGM" and the last 2 chars are the sound number in hexa.

This means 01 is sound 1, 09 is sound 9, 0A is sound 10, ..., 10 is sound 16, etc.
Here is the list:
1 basket
2 boss1
3 cd
4 ending
5 ent
6 factory
7 food
8 gas
9 loby
A = 10 kyaku
B = 11 shop
C = 12 mboss
D = 13 merry
E = 14 ope2
F = 15 ope1
10 = 16 parking
11 = 17 shop
12 = 18 sonic
13 = 19 souko
14 = 20 crash
15 = 21 dancer
16 = 22 gal
17 = 23 hardbeat
18 = 24 hell
19 = 25 moonlight
1A = 26 rideon
1B = 27 sonar
1C = 28 selector
1D = 29 sports
1E = 30 stare
1F = 31 stage
20 = 32 drain
21 = 33 staff
22 = 34 underground
23 = 35 bonus
24 = 36 boss2

Hello, I am in need of a new dsb2 for my Daytona USA 2 machine. I have been troubleshooting it and even purchased a new 4ch amp but still do not have any BGM. Speech and sound effects in all 4 channels are working. I am in the USA as far as shipping concerns.

Parts are still delayed in every shop, still waiting and starting to search alternative way to build.

Parts are still delayed in every shop, still waiting and starting to search alternative way to build.
No worries, I understand. I just wanted to express interest in this amazing project. Thanks for making this and I'll patiently await my turn!

hate to be one of those guys- but is there any chance you fellas know anything about the 838-13445 mixer boards? I need one and I'm thinking of grabbing a bunch of these clones when they're available (running 4 spikeouts).

Thanks!

I restocked few boards. First-come, first-served :D
All sold

Note: The shortage of components forced me to replace the 6pin connector by 2x3pins. In practice it's the same, still using the same original JST as on the SEGA board.

IMG-20220608-185320.jpg

Last edited:
I restocked few boards. First-come, first-served :D

Note: The shortage of components forced me to replace the 6pin connector by 2x3pins. In practice it's the same, still using the same original JST as on the SEGA board.

IMG-20220608-185320.jpg
I'd love to get one please

Stock went away in less than a day, but i should have some soon, before end of July I hope.
Subscribe to the topic so you get mailed when some are ready.

>Playback of MP3 and WAV files stored on a microSD card

I'm looking at this and think it's possible to use on other systems??!
<desperately needed for batman forever, NBA extreme, etc>

<not so needed but could work for stuff with soundboards EG mortal kombat>

I know a full clone board is better but this is working already and easy to adapt

@Rom1 @Darksoft , @ic3b4ll what do you think?

Can you let me know if what I plan will work with those Dsb clones?

I have a twin sega rally 2 and want to run scud race in it.

The main pcb stacks I have already .

Now with this dsb clones will I be able to play scud race in my sr2 cab fully without Problems ?

I have read here that scud race has problems with attract music in the clone ?

Also I know that dsb2 wiring is different to dsb 1 wiring (the black connector ) … will that be a problem ?

Thx and cheers

Robert

Can you let me know if what I plan will work with those Dsb clones?

I have a twin sega rally 2 and want to run scud race in it.

The main pcb stacks I have already .

Now with this dsb clones will I be able to play scud race in my sr2 cab fully without Problems ?

I have read here that scud race has problems with attract music in the clone ?

Also I know that dsb2 wiring is different to dsb 1 wiring (the black connector ) … will that be a problem ?

Thx and cheers

Robert
There is no more problems with attract music and the scud race sound pack is already made.

Wiring is dependent to the cab, not the game. You could switch between game by changing the romboard and the SD card.

I know a full clone board is better but this is working already and easy to adapt

I'might try something with STV.

There is no more problems with attract music and the scud race sound pack is already made.

Wiring is dependent to the cab, not the game. You could switch between game by changing the romboard and the SD card.
Great stuff! Pls book me in for 2 of these :)

Seems like a great alternative to a repro of the Batman Returns sound board -- and much cheaper than using the original DSP. If I recall correctly the STV handles sound effects and the add on board the music; mixing them can be done easily enough, and the same board could be used for STV and Model 3 with very little modifications.

The hard part would be getting the sound ripped nice and the comms, otherwise it should be adaptable to many systems by the look of things :)

Back