What's new
For Sale
Grantspain is located in the UK, not Spain
Ah ok.
But which store in Spain you mean? I know there is a Spanish manufacturer of flybacks where I bought one for a Sony PVM
Www.hrdiemen.com

Perhaps they have what you guys need if you provide the needed specs
Nah, this was an eBay seller that appears to have bought a metric fuck ton of those 2931 flybacks from China and was moving them for a sizeable profit.

Put me down on the list of those needing a replacement for the Windy2. My W2 is dead just like the rest ||

I held onto my tosh just in case something like this happened. Eager to know if the picture quality is better or worse than the nanao.
It’ll be interesting to hear if anyone can do a comparison for the tosh and nanao chassis’

Seeing yosai’s repaired cab in the flesh, I couldn’t notice any difference in pic quality between his and my own cab with original flyback. Hard to tell without having them side by side though.

Last edited:
Almost done with me Egret 2 restore. I'll post pictures in a separate thread. Same as with the Q25 restore which turned my rust and mold-ridden cab into a gorgeous show piece. But I need help to finish my E2.

My E2 did not have these labels on it. Can someone show me where they are supposed to be?

2qjy72e.jpg

@Mitsurugi-w - If I remember correctly, it's on the back, above the service entry. I'll check mine after work just to be 100% sure.

The red and white sticker goes on the coin box.

Attachments

• 4045404717_0b992ef0b9_b.jpg
    4045404717_0b992ef0b9_b.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 114
Hmm. I've never seen a cab with that decal on it. What does it say?

it’s for the alarm box. According to goole it says “ALERT”

Attachments

• 526FD52E-8984-4CEA-947F-5DD170616147.jpeg
    526FD52E-8984-4CEA-947F-5DD170616147.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 98
  • D7070482-906C-435E-B2FC-AB6E73E9C845.jpeg
    D7070482-906C-435E-B2FC-AB6E73E9C845.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 99
Well I have no alarm so I'll forego installing this decal. Plus its a bit ugly on the front there. Lol. I may just assume the other decal replaces the two beigh labels that I had above, on the left side of the back door. Maybe just a fancier updated decal than what I had.

@rewrite said my tosh was so burned in no point in fixing. And I think he sent my chassis off to help someone else from this deal. I still have yet to find a tosh for my stuff.

No they couldn’t. But they expressed a lot of interest in hanging onto the chassis as long as they could. They really wanted to find a suitable replacement.
Right on, I'm thinking of sending one of the Chinese MS2931 flybacks along with my PB7534 back to Sharp and see if they can give it a shot. I don't know much about the specifics of flyback design, but given that the MS2930/MS29311 is a drop in replacement chassis for the same tube and yoke, I would guess that the flyback is probably pretty similar.
Got a dead MS2931 I will also send them and they can put it in that instead otherwise.

So this not good idea and shouldn't work like that without finding specific for voltages specs from various flyback windings and pins. When they say "nope it's bad it's shorted" they are hopefully testing and pulling to verify. Do shorted turn on winding test with Ringer and if they have hi pot check winding to winding leakage.

The original fly should be easy enough to very if it's shorted though like they say. Here I'll show you quickly.

Pull fly ring test notice bottom machine reads 32 (good). This is what you want, no shorted internal windings on my fly
GrOYPDW.jpg

Then to verify proper reading you create short winding on the core and check again. Now you see he reads only 3 echos (rings) before reduction to less than 25% signal level (aka bad from shorted winding). You test on the primary pins, that will be sufficient. Any of the secondary winding at all shorted, ones even isolated from primary and the magnetic energy on coil shorts.
HmWLo0r.jpg

You can easy create your own short around the transformer core. Which is what I did to show you "bad"reading... And at the same time verify my good reading.

Yeap, got professionals ready to repair the WII chassis. Just need the flyback. As for group buy thing, just a suggestion for us in the US to work together to source them is all. No one was being volunteered. More info on the width cap used on your chassis once you post those pics.

Question: have you tried 31khz on the chassis with the replacement FB yet?
Not personally as I don't have any 31k games at hand. My Type X2 & Naomi are still boxed up after moving house but it is known to work.

Image of flyback. This is the only writing on it as far as I can see.

1. 0.jpg
@yosai, are we going to get an announcement anytime soon on identification of the suitable replacement flybacks for the Windy II/Toshiba PB7534-1 flybacks?

No. That is the only marking on the flyback. No idea where Grant sourced it from.

I spoke with Grant about the flybacks and he's not interested in selling them at this time. He has some limited stock for his own repairs (he runs a repair service) but when he approached his supplier about obtaining more and possibly selling them to us, they doubled the price on him.

He said if he's able to renegotiate a reasonable price with the supplier he might reconsider selling the flybacks on their own. If you have a PB7534 with a bad flyback I'd recommend sending your chassis out to him for repair.

I haven't received mine back yet, but Grant has been great to work with and was able to revive my chassis this week. Best way to reach him is on Arcade Otaku, username grantspain.

I spoke with Grant about the flybacks and he's not interested in selling them at this time. He has some limited stock for his own repairs (he runs a repair service) but when he approached his supplier about obtaining more and possibly selling them to us, they doubled the price on him.

He said if he's able to renegotiate a reasonable price with the supplier he might reconsider selling the flybacks on their own. If you have a PB7534 with a bad flyback I'd recommend sending your chassis out to him for repair.

I haven't received mine back yet, but Grant has been great to work with and was able to revive my chassis this week. Best way to reach him is on Arcade Otaku, username grantspain.
Grant is an absolute legend! His DNA is on every one of my chassis (9).

He's also recapped every PSU in my cabs. Can't imagine the hobby without him (personally).

Last edited:
Back