FS Egret 2/Windy 2/NNC/Q25 (Repair refund)

For Sale
Please hold off on paying the remainder of the balance on your cabs. I just found out only 35 cab made it into the container. Let me figure out which one is missing, if any, before we carry on.
 
Please hold off on paying the remainder of the balance on your cabs. I just found out only 35 cab made it into the container. Let me figure out which one is missing, if any, before we carry on.
Every group buy has something...
 
Please hold off on paying the remainder of the balance on your cabs. I just found out only 35 cab made it into the container. Let me figure out which one is missing, if any, before we carry on.
Every group buy has something...
And it has been raining like mad in NorCal. I am sure the snow is falling nice and thick at the stateline near Reno right now too. It is going to make for a fun drive up for us local picker-uppers. But I think we covered this subject over here today.
 
Yeah I'm concerned about my first container coming next week. I should have space for everything if I have to hold it a few extra days, but it'll still complicate things ):
 
I simply appreciate that there are group buys still going on. Thanks for the hard work you've put into this Cereth. I will likely be interested in future ones if you do another, especially if you find a few good to decent shape NAC's :)
 
Yeah I'm concerned about my first container coming next week. I should have space for everything if I have to hold it a few extra days, but it'll still complicate things ):
Set the date and time brutha and we will be there. Looking forward to that buffet quality Nevada lobster tail at Boomtown. Plus, I could use a few days off work.
 
I guess update for public, everything for customs has been handled for now until arrival notice, if we want to plan something different for arrival now would be a good time to start talking about it! If there's any option for two trucks to meet in the bay somewhere, can start talking.
 
I guess update for public, everything for customs has been handled for now until arrival notice, if we want to plan something different for arrival now would be a good time to start talking about it! If there's any option for two trucks to meet in the bay somewhere, can start talking.
@theoddtech and I are still willing to give a hand moving things around if something like that happens. I know we're taking 5 down. Wouldn't save us much time or gas to get it from the bay area, but would save driving through potentially snowy mountain roads.

I guess it'd be up to the bay area locals, really, for setting it up. But they wouldn't be doing it alone at least!

@XeD, now that it's been a few days, any word on what's gone missing?
 
I guess update for public, everything for customs has been handled for now until arrival notice, if we want to plan something different for arrival now would be a good time to start talking about it! If there's any option for two trucks to meet in the bay somewhere, can start talking.
As soon as mine arrives with the Ami I’ll have sti contact you. I am also curious @XeD as to what was missing.
 
What would you need @Cereth? A staging area? Can you describe further? Also, need a date that you might need these things by.
 
A staging area I think mainly. It would save money to do something in the Bay or Sacramento for example, but it's not just about the cost. Like rewrite said, weather. I'm about to receive my next container on scheduled snow days and it makes me miserable just to think about. While you guys sound stoked by the idea of coming up for a bit of a break, now is probably a really crappy time to do it lol

A back-to-back unloading we've done before, but it's a pain. Essentially unloading the container onto a lift gate truck, and using the gate to drop them to ground level. I think either way I'll have to truck stuff back up over the pass, but might be easier to not make you guys do that. I'll see if we can open a better line of communication soon and start ironing things out! A lot on the plate right now to handle
 
A staging area I think mainly. It would save money to do something in the Bay or Sacramento for example, but it's not just about the cost. Like rewrite said, weather. I'm about to receive my next container on scheduled snow days and it makes me miserable just to think about. While you guys sound stoked by the idea of coming up for a bit of a break, now is probably a really crappy time to do it lol

A back-to-back unloading we've done before, but it's a pain. Essentially unloading the container onto a lift gate truck, and using the gate to drop them to ground level. I think either way I'll have to truck stuff back up over the pass, but might be easier to not make you guys do that. I'll see if we can open a better line of communication soon and start ironing things out! A lot on the plate right now to handle
Yeah man, that trip in my '94 Mazda B4000 scares me at this time of year.

But if all is needed is a staging area, we could probably do this in my buddy's back lot and not interupt his business operations. As long as me, you, @theoddtech, and @rewrite can wrap it up in a day, we should be good. I'll see him this weekend and will discuss it with him.

Can you or @XeD narrow the date down to within a week? I am sure that is the first thing my buddy will ask; when?
 
That's probably on me actually. Depends on how customs go, Trump laws are kinda overtaking anything coming out of China. New experience for me. I'll update when I know how that goes, but generally a few days before arrival I'll know if it clears immediately or not.
 
@XeD, now that it's been a few days, any word on what's gone missing?
I am also curious @XeD as to what was missing.
Yaton labourers can not agree on what got missed. My guess one got damage or stop working while loading. He originally said it was a Q25, but I see 2 in the pics. Going over the pics again it seem like it was the extra Windy. If this is true, sorry @acblunden2. I won't know for sure until cereth does inventory when it arrives.

Big thanks to @Cereth for being patient with me and dealing with the complication of importing from China.
 
Yaton labourers can not agree on what got missed. My guess one got damage or stop working while loading. He originally said it was a Q25, but I see 2 in the pics. Going over the pics again it seem like it was the extra Windy. If this is true, sorry @acblunden2. I won't know for sure until cereth does inventory when it arrives.
Big thanks to @Cereth for being patient with me and dealing with the complication of importing from China.
!@#!@#%!$%%!!@#!@#%!@#%!@#$!!!!!!!&%

I'm just kidding :D . No worries brutha. I know you'll square it. It is incredibly difficult to work things out in China. My buddy the other Windy cab was going to, sources all his packaging from China. Half his time is spent spelling shit out for whoever is doing the work in China. Guess that puts me at the top of the list for the flaked-out extra NNC :thumbsup: ?

In any case, I am hoping it is the NNC that was left out too. But let me talk to my buddy this weekend about using his work for processing the cabs. I'll ask him if he might want the NNC instead of the Windy II in case it is the Windy II that is missing. That way you don't lose the 4%. If anything, someone else might want the NNC and they can just pay me for it since I paid you for it already. Worst case scenario is a refund.
 
Last edited:
Oh @Cereth, one other spot we might be able to use is my brother's furniture distribution warehouse. He has at least one dock, but it is probably like 2 or 3 docks or one large dock. Problem is that it is in Modesto/Ceres, CA which is about 1hr 20 mins East of Oakland and 1hr 10 mins South of Sacramento. But it is right off the 99. Let me know if that location can work and I can ask my brother this weekend.
 
That does sound good. I'm looking into a temporary storage in the area as well so I don't have to truck stuff over the pass. Kinda just a random thought though
 
Alright cool. There is no where cheaper to get storage in California than the Central Valley. Let me ask my brother too then. Will update on the possibility of both locations shortly.
 
Back
Top