What's new

Mrhide

Enlightened
Reaction score
When you think that you are done and everything is done and working, you make a move and boum :

- I traded my Outrun2 as part of a trade for a mystery game ( stay tune ~ 2 weeks!)
- To make it "bullerproof", I had bought a Cfcard and reader to set it up like my 4 wangan but never got to it
- a day before the trade, I make the card, stick it in, change the jumper, follow the procedure, and I get this:

IMG_1700.jpg

Not wanting to break the chihiro before the trade, I take another chihiro from a Wangan, put the outrun 2 SP cfcard I made and sure enough, it works and the new owner comes, sees it all working, is happy and leaves with the game.

"must be a bug in the dimm module" I thought and "I have spares so it will be an easy fix".

Well it's not.
I swap with another top board, same results.

IMG_1696.jpg

I swap this board, same result!

IMG_1697.jpg

I swapped the 2 ribbon cables and same error 24: GD-ROM is not found result :(

if I change the jumper to network and send a game, everything is good... which I don't really want to do with my wangan... I had the 4 starting in sync with the cf cards!

Anyone with hints / ideas on what could be the issue now?!
thanks.

/me mad
/me go take a break now

What is the min required version for cf boot? I should know… ill check tomorrow morning
IMG_1703.jpeg

Last edited:
Eh boy do i feel dumb.

It is the first thing i set up to do yesterday … and my pi didn’t work… which didn’t help my blinding rage!

This morning i looked at it and figured out i played with it and didn’t plugged it right: the pins of the hat were one row too much on the left. I moved it and voila:

IMG_1704.jpeg

Sure enough

IMG_1715.jpeg

Once done

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1716.jpeg

Thanks for pointing it out @twistedsymphony!

Back