What's new

moflih.morad

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys
i recently aquired a tekken 2 pcb with a sticker saying its a "TES2 - VER D" i tried to check the Program ROMs (2L, 2J, 2K, 2F)
i dumped 2L and used romident website and nothing was found about it !
now i am confused, i don't know if the rom i found is corrupt or if its undumped rom
the board says its a TES2 VER.D and i found no such version !?
any help will be appreciated
thank you

So it should be a World version D. Neat! You should dump the rest and upload the files somewhere.

Last edited:
i dumped ROMs (2L, 2J, 2K, 2F) should i dump all the other roms as well (wave, expansion board rom) or just program roms
and for the upload, even if i upload the roms somewhere (any suggestion?) they wont work on mame unless it is added as a new entry(game)
with its the proper file name (ex: tekken2ad) , is it possible for me to do it or should mame community do it
thx for the quick reply

Reactions: nem
If your dumps are valid they could be loaded using the command prompt to launch mame directly with your dump until the dev team adds it proper.

Great find!

Seems like the rest of the roms are same within the releases, so those 4 program roms should be enough. I am sure there is someone here who can forward them to the mame team.
They usually also appreciate a photo of the whole board and/or close on the rom stickers of the different roms.

using the command prompt as PlatynumX suggested i could launch tekken2 with 2L, 2J undumped program roms
i dumped 2F, 2K and they are actually the same as tes3.verD.
so 2L,2J are undumped Tes2,VerD and 2F, 2K are (tes3.verD) on the board i have.

Attachments

• DSC_1540.JPG
    DSC_1540.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 57
If you are running this in MAME what is the version shown in the setup screen ?

I can get these submitted to MAME if you share a picture of your setup screen from the main game and share the 4 ROMs.

here are the checksums when i run mame from command line (pic 1)
the setup screen (pic 2) shows same as you tes2.verD

below are the two roms 2J, 2L that are different as i dumped them
2F i cannot check it in romident (give it a try) which for some reasons gives a server error 500 (!!!) BUT it works fine on mame
2K is identified as TES3.VER.D

well yeah why not :D get me credited with @moflih.morad if this rom is new to mame 8o

Attachments

• checksum.png
    checksum.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 52
  • tes2verd-2J.zip
    744.2 KB · Views: 61
  • tes2verd-2L.zip
    761.4 KB · Views: 59
  • tes3verd-2F.zip
    740.2 KB · Views: 62
  • tes3verd-2K.zip
    803.7 KB · Views: 53
  • verd.png
    verd.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 53
thx rtw
the funny part is that i bought this pcb for 5$ as it was trashed
cpu pins were missing, all cpu board caps were torn apart nothing come up when fired up
i started probing around i got an XGECU programmer to try and read the flash ics as i suspected a missing bios in 2J, 2L
i was almost ready to clear those two flash chips when i realized that i couldnt find tes2.verD on mame !
so i posted suspecting undumped roms
and here we go another set of roms saved from oblivion

btw i am in the making of a schematics for this namco system11 in the hope of helping in better understanding & repair, if anyone has suggestions or help
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/in-the-making-of-a-namco-system-11-schematics-and-i-need-some-help.27317/#post-405838

thanks guys

@rtw
btw i saw that you are into ST-V i found this cartridge (the pcb only)
when i dumped one of the flashes i says Sega ST-V die hard see the pics, is this a multi-cartridge or what exactly ?!

Attachments

• DSC_1760.JPG
    DSC_1760.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 56
  • verd.png
    verd.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 57
Yeah I am a big fan of ST-V :D

That looks like a standard bootleg cartridge. Very fun game though.

Hi! moflih.morad :)

I'm a fan of soul edge on Namco system 11 especially ver.II :love:<3
I have a lot of revisions, I would like to have the latest revision of Soul Edge Ver. II SO4/VER.C.

But it does not exist in Japanese, only in Asia & World(USA)

I would like you to know to change the revision this is done on the motherboard like your Tekken ?

hey chacal231077 thx for showing interest, yes i love souledge too but i dont have it :D
but tell me can you reformulate your question i dont understand what it means, sorry!
may be you want to know how to change the version on your motherboard right?

well if you are good with soldering just desolder the flash chips and put them in an XGECU programmer(you'll need proper adapter for intel flash chips) or whatever you want to program with, once you get there i can show you how to save the roms on the flash chips. easy stuff...

Attachments

• DSC_1761.JPG
    DSC_1761.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 30
hey chacal231077 thx for showing interest, yes i love souledge too but i dont have it :D
but tell me can you reformulate your question i dont understand what it means, sorry!
may be you want to know how to change the version on your motherboard right?

well if you are good with soldering just desolder the flash chips and put them in an XGECU programmer(you'll need proper adapter for intel flash chips) or whatever you want to program with, once you get there i can show you how to save the roms on the flash chips. easy stuff...

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-system-12-change-region.13247/ ;)

Back