What's new
Pre-order is open :)
I just pre order again :)

Question when will you sent out the email for the current batch , i got the first email to confirm purchase but still waiting on the payment email.

Reactions: RGB
Pre-order is open :)
I just pre order again :)
Question when will you sent out the email for the current batch , i got the first email to confirm purchase but still waiting on the payment email.
Thanks! All I can say is soon. It's not a secret or anything, it's just that I'm crazy busy with my regular job and it's tough to find time for anything else.

Hey @RGB is the "unavailable" status for the 3P4P adapter PCB correct? Would love to pick one up with the CPS2 harness if possible!

Thanks! All I can say is soon. It's not a secret or anything, it's just that I'm crazy busy with my regular job and it's tough to find time for anything else.
no worries i was just making sure i did not delete the email from my junk mail or something. No rush thanks.

I also pre-ordered last year (?) or something similar and received the pre-order confirmation to see if I was still interested a few weeks ago. I'm assuming I'm still on the list :)

I have reserved the money for the payment since I received the first email :P .

I want my HAS, I can not wait to connect my CPS2 and Neo Geo MV1C .. 8o

I preordered awhile back but fell on difficult times. But this time around I’m ready and have everything set for the HAS.

I put myself down for:

HAS unit 1x
Capcom CPS2 Kickharness 2x (not sure if this is the same for Naomi and the Capcom I/O Converter)
Saturn Adapters 2x (I know it’s very limited but I’m hoping I’m in for them!!!)
HD15 to VGA for OSSC 1x (still not sure for this)

I have an Atomiswave with HNK and RF2 along with a Naomi with MvC2 and CvS2. Although I’m currently lacking a Dimm board and GD Rom Drive. I got my Capcom I/O Converter in yesterday so I’m quite excited.

I've just jumped on the recently re-opened pre-order, very excited!

I wondered if someone could clear something up for me. What would be the use case for the "8pin mini DIN to HD15 adapter PCB"? The description seems almost identical to the "HD15 adapter PCB" above it. Does it work in conjunction with this item? Looking at the pictures it looks like it converts the added VGA port back to a 8pin DIN, what would the advantage of this over the one on the base board? I've likely missed something very simple, apologies in advance!

Also, does the HD15 adapter PCB fit underneath the plexiglass case of the HAS, or does this need to be removed to use it?

I wondered if someone could clear something up for me. What would be the use case for the "8pin mini DIN to HD15 adapter PCB"? The description seems almost identical to the "HD15 adapter PCB" above it. Does it work in conjunction with this item? Looking at the pictures it looks like it converts the added VGA port back to a 8pin DIN, what would the advantage of this over the one on the base board? I've likely missed something very simple, apologies in advance!

Also, does the HD15 adapter PCB fit underneath the plexiglass case of the HAS, or does this need to be removed to use it?
framemeister uses the mini din for RGB input and yes, you use it with the VGA hat. I haven't seen the new model, but I assume the native output you are referring to on the HAS is S-video, not mini din. I could be wrong of course. in the description, there is also the case for Taito F3 and scart issues.

maybe ... you want to use your HAS unit through OSSC or not, on an old phat pc monitor or an PC monitor with VGA plug.

maybe ... you want to use your HAS unit through OSSC or not, on an old phat pc monitor or an PC monitor with VGA plug.
I think the confusion is between "HD15 adapter PCB" and "8pin mini DIN to HD15 adapter PCB". They have very similar names and descriptions. Do they do the same thing? Why would you purchase one over the other?

"HD15 adapter PCB" and "8pin mini DIN to HD15 adapter PCB". They have very similar names and descriptions. Do they do the same thing?
They do the same thing, the PCB version was first far as I'm aware... The 8-pin mini din to HD15 adapter is newer.

Remember this adapter only really exists for two reasons.
  1. Support the Taito F3 for use with a OSSC
  2. Support HD15-to-BNC breakout cables for easy connection to/use with a Sony BVM/PVM
If you are NOT one of the above two types of people (no BVM/PVM and no F3) you should be asking yourself "what do I need the HD15 adapter for?"
Yea, because I haven't got a fucking clue either (aka why do so many people think they need this, just stop it already its NOT for you). :huh: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t you treat it as a direct connection to the OSSC without the need of SCART connectors?

I’d say that’s a pretty big deal since SCART is so antiquated and cumbersome.
IF I could reduce my reliance on SCART I totally would.

240p content on OSSC honestly works best via SCART connection, the VGA/HD15 port is a "trick" IMO as you need to disable 75ohm sync to get it to work/lock.

Its sad OSSC decided to go with SCART...
I would have preferred a 8-pin mini din port (like the xRGB Mini "Framemeister") for use with a straight 8-pin mini din cable.

Alass you can get this SCART adapter from etim (and I highly recommend that you do, its amazing when paired with the HAS+OSSC)...
69m38SG.jpg

The ability to send audio separately, either from the HAS's 3.5mm output jack (attenuated JAMMA) or directly from an arcade PCB (RCA jacks on some boards) is simply fantastic.
Most importantly of all, it keeps the HAS in 75ohm/unbuffered sync settings (because its using the SCART port for 240p sources as intended) that seems to be compatible with the majority arcade PCBs.

Tim only calls the adapter "Cable set for NESRGB/2600RGB" because his NES and Atari RGB mods call for the use of 8-pin mini din ports.
It works perfectly with ANY device (including HAS) that follows this (new RGB scene) standard...

oihFBl6.jpg

I also use it with my RGB enabled PC Engine...
Entgf40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the n00b question, but am I right in thinking that if I wanted to only use a HAS with Sega Saturn controllers, I don't need to worry about kick harnesses?

Sorry for the n00b question, but am I right in thinking that if I wanted to only use a HAS with Sega Saturn controllers, I don't need to worry about kick harnesses?
Yes, you do. The controller has nothing to do with it really. Jamma, as a standard, only transmits 3 buttons per player on the jamma edge (the thing that is connected to the HAS).

jamma_pinout.gif

So the HAS itself can only see those 3 buttons. plugging in a saturn controller will give you those buttons, but that's it. Certainly that's enough for a lot of games, but if you wanted to play any fighter, or anything with more than 3 buttons really, the extra buttons need to be connected from the motherboard to the HAS in the first place. That's what a kick harness will do for you. Sorry also to say that there's no 'standard' kick harness, but a lot of folks will use a CPS2 standard into the HAS, and get something like a JNX Raiden to convert from one format to the other.

Back