What's new
@Hoosiershadow it depends on what voltage +v2 and v3 are for that power supply (probably a sticker/label on it). one is probably 12v and the other -5v.

and also depends how you’re connecting the wires to the HAS side! I assume black is ground and red is +5v but without seeing those wires I can’t confirm.
Yeah man, post the full connection and we'll be able to tell.

Question!

I'm planning on grabbing a SEGA Naomi system with JAMMA IO converter. What's the deal with power etc. when hooking this up to the HAS? Since the board + GD-ROM has its own power supply... do I need to worry about anything in terms of the power that's supplied via the JAMMA connector on the HAS? Or does this just power the IO board itself so nothing to worry about?

The JAMMA-compatible power supply unit would only power the IO since it doesnt have the 3.3V needed to power the NAOMI. if you’re using a JVS IO like the Capcom IO, you’ll need two PSUs; one for the HAS which will power the IO board and another JVS-compatible PSU for the NAOMI.

There is a way to power everything using just one PSU. Get a Mean Well QP-150 which has the DC lines for JAMMA, (5V, 12V, and -5V) and also has the DC lines for JVS, (3.3V, 5V, and 12V). You’ll just need to build a custom harness for the NAOMI.

if you’re using a JVS IO like the Capcom IO, you’ll need two PSUs; one for the HAS which will power the IO board and another JVS-compatible PSU for the NAOMI.

Are you sure about the Capcom IO? I thought the Capcom IO converts everything between Jamma and the Naomi, even power. But it has been a while, I could be wrong. I never used one with GD-Rom, does that make a difference?

Are you sure about the Capcom IO? I thought the Capcom IO converts everything between Jamma and the Naomi, even power. But it has been a while, I could be wrong. I never used one with GD-Rom, does that make a difference?
Capcom IO has 3.3V for NAOMI but doesn’t provide enough power for GD-ROM drive or booting from Net Dimm. You can use Capcom IO for power if you’re just using cartridges on NAOMI.

Capcom IO has 3.3V for NAOMI but doesn’t provide enough power for GD-ROM drive or booting from Net Dimm. You can use Capcom IO for power if you’re just using cartridges on NAOMI.
That was it. I remember now, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Thanks for the update. Placed an order for some accessories only as you ran out of the NTSC board at the time.

Reactions: roy
Thank you for interest! I had to temporarily close the order form, otherwise there would be too many orders to process. It should be up again in around a week!

Can you summarize the changes from v4 to v4.1?
- the microcontroller is in DIP case again, so that it can be easily replaced.
- instead of multiple switches all over the place, there's a DIP switch on the bottom that allows to: disable JAMMA output for buttons 4, 5, 6; toggle LPF; set TTL/75R CSync

happy about your come back. Extender avallable soon.
That's planned too, but the focus is on the HAS (and RECO) right now, thanks!

I know many supergun builders add the JAMMA-MVS switch as a feature.. and it may seem controversial, but I don't believe it's needed at all, and it can cause more harm than good. My reasoning for this is as follows:

- On the other hand, connecting a JAMMA PCB to a MVS stereo set supergun or a MVS cabinet by mistake, can damage the amp on the PCB.

- The only feature one will miss when connecting a multi-cart MVS to HAS, is the TEST button, because it's mapped to a different pin on the edge connector in the multi-carts models. To remedy this, I can additionally map the TEST button to that pin in the next HAS revision.
Sorry to bring up this old post, I quoted a snippet of it. Would setting the HAS to Stereo mode hurt a MV1B or MV1C PCB? It's not clear to me if MV1B or MV1C in particular will be damaged or not if HAS is set to Stereo (MVS) mode.

Regarding the test button, can the test button on the HAS 4.1 be mapped to the test button on MVS 2 slot or 4 slot? If so, how. Trying to figure out what to do with the test button the on 2 and 4 slots.

Last edited:
I would like to order one... hopefully i will be able to see when preorder is up...

Hey guys, i have a CPS1 question. I recently got my first CPS1 board (Street Fighter2) and when trying to use my HAS CPS1 kick harness i was not able to connect it to the C Board. So i made some alterations to the kick harness to get it to connect to the C Board. Now its connected but there are still no kicks. My CPS2 games work fine with kicks so its not my joystick. Are there different pinouts for CPS1 kick harnesses? Just a bit confused. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks! :)

Hey guys, i have a CPS1 question. I recently got my first CPS1 board (Street Fighter2) and when trying to use my HAS CPS1 kick harness i was not able to connect it to the C Board. So i made some alterations to the kick harness to get it to connect to the C Board. Now its connected but there are still no kicks. My CPS2 games work fine with kicks so its not my joystick. Are there different pinouts for CPS1 kick harnesses? Just a bit confused. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks! :)
Can you post some pictures showing the modifications you made and where you are plugging it in?

Sure! Pictures are attached. It would not fit so the only modifications i made were to the connection on the kick harness on the board end. To be clear, i only shaved some of the plastic off of the connector.

Attachments

• 5DF3DF6A-D4DA-4CC7-BE06-A89B65950667.jpeg
    5DF3DF6A-D4DA-4CC7-BE06-A89B65950667.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 415E2C9F-6BB1-403E-B125-2AF2EA126804.jpeg
    415E2C9F-6BB1-403E-B125-2AF2EA126804.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 149
Back