What's new

Chelnov

Professional
Reaction score
Anyone one has any advice on how to hide side-art scratches? It doesn't have to be perfect. just good enough so is not the first thing you see when you look at it but you can still see it when you are looking for it.

1620770071452.png

Thanks everyone!

I would perhaps try same color magic marker, but on yours it is a challenge since it has wide range of color brightness near lightning, so would need at least 4 different colors to match. I fixed some scratches on my black coffee table with magic marker but it was easy since the whole thing is black...

For instance where the art was actually scratched off completely I've had good luck using "Elmer's Paint Pens" to do touch up work.

I touched up the GOUGED control panel art on my KI2 cab and unless you're sticking your face in it to inspect it you can't tell it's been touched up.

This had two hooks mounted to the front for a Turkey Hunting "shotgun" and the hooks basically pulled of 4 strips of paint right across the KI logo on the front of the panel, plus gouges on the side from getting scrapes against other cabs/equpment

Before:
ki2_before_touch_up_paint.jpg

After:
ki2_touch_up_paint_2.jpg

IMG_0200.JPG

Aside from replacing the whole panel art, does anyone have any suggestions on how I could fix this? I'm not too fussed about the art, I'd just like to fill it in perhaps... outside of this, the panel is still in decent condition for its age/use.

Kurust (or another rust converter) followed by paint or a patch sticker?

Might be the go… I was thinking maybe to fill it somehow

Might be the go… I was thinking maybe to fill it somehow
Depends on how nice you want it to look - you could take off all mechanical bits, take off the existing artwork, sand it down, maybe use body filler if it is rusted too deeply, then get new artwork printed and apply it?

Back