What's new
I never knew support for switchable networking devices became so widespread.
Sure I knew these devices existed, I've got a Sonos base that will run directly connected to a PC without a crossover.
But even (cheap) stuff like the RPi? Well wonders never cease! ;)

Soo im deciding on the multi region bios? Some games only come in 1 region correct? I just wanna know if its worth the $10 haha

Some games only come in 1 region correct?
Yes

I just wanna know if its worth the $10
Yes

Let me put it this way.
If you run a JP region bios every game AFAIK will run on that, however, every game will also be in Japanese. So if there are games that you want to play in English you'll want an US or Export bios, however there are a number of games that wont play on that bios (such as Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper, Radirgy Noa, etc.)

with the multi bios you just need to flip 1 dip swich on the filter board to change regions. So if you're like me I'll keep in USA region most of the time, but if I want to play a JP only game then I'll flip the switch to JP mode;

Do any issues with NetBooting exist when using the multi BIOS?
To my knowledge there aren't any issues NetBooting with the MultiBIOS

Spawn does have a problem with it though, the game will hang on the Capcom logo during the attract mode loop. you can start the game quickly before it happens and play but if you neglect to do that on boot or end your game and let it go to attract mode it will freeze on the logo. This happens on an original cart as well, so it's an issue strictly between the bios and that game, nothing to do with Net Booting. I'm not aware of any other games with issues though.

Some games only come in 1 region correct?
Yes
I just wanna know if its worth the $10
Yes
Let me put it this way.
If you run a JP region bios every game AFAIK will run on that, however, every game will also be in Japanese. So if there are games that you want to play in English you'll want an US or Export bios, however there are a number of games that wont play on that bios (such as Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper, Radirgy Noa, etc.)

with the multi bios you just need to flip 1 dip swich on the filter board to change regions. So if you're like me I'll keep in USA region most of the time, but if I want to play a JP only game then I'll flip the switch to JP mode;
Those games can be patched region free and will boot up with a US bios or multi bios set to US mode. SFA3 Upper will also display full English text in this mode as well.

Those games can be patched region free and will boot up with a US bios or multi bios set to US mode
You know I was actually just thinking this myself... Why are we using a hacked BIOS, when we could just patch a games binary and NetBoot it?
Seems like this approach would be better, no?

Those games can be patched region free and will boot up with a US bios or multi bios set to US mode
You know I was actually just thinking this myself... Why are we using a hacked BIOS, when we could just patch a games binary and NetBoot it?Seems like this approach would be better, no?
The only game I had an issue with, was CvS Pro in US mode. The game boots and plays, but once the match is over and the win quotes go to load, the game locks up.

Hello again friends,

Anyone know where i can get a original sega naomi power supply? Or if anyone here would like to sell me one.

I was wondering, did anyone ever update Piforce-web to work on RP3 B+? I was thinking of doing this. I was going to also add the functionality of multi-targeting.

differnt boot files (replace these files in the boot partion) https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh9e7cu1ycrim53/os boot files.rar?dl=0 for 3b+
Ha...I had tried copying newer files but I copied kernel and such. Of course I missed the reply and just ended up porting all the changes to latest raspbian 18.04 with PHP 7.0. I guess I can just use this and start adding multi-target support :).

Probably good to have a list of the needed changes available for the future.

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully managed to Netboot a Chihiro Type 3 without a Zero Key? I keep getting the Media Board Malfunctioning Error...

And on another note, anyone want to sell me a Type 3 Chihiro Zero Key?

Back