What's new
I agree about the Chihiro Type 3 behavior. If the board is set to netboot mode and no key chip is present, it will very quickly give an error message on the boot screen rather than indicating it is waiting for network. That has been my experience.

Could this be added to the original post. It sort of suggests that it would work - maybe a sentence about a type 3 requiring the zero key would be good?

Could this be added to the original post. It sort of suggests that it would work - maybe a sentence about a type 3 requiring the zero key would be good?
DONE.

There have been enough headaches and confusion with people trying to save $10 and not buy one that I just took out the whole "optional" language in the Zero Key section. If you don't know what you're doing or how the Net DIMM setup works just assume you need a Zero Key PERIOD. Because there is a very narrow path you need to take to be in the situation where you can get away with out using one, it's not worth trying to explain that to people.

did anyone ever update Piforce-web to work on RP3 B+?
I wouldn't think it needs updating. the same image that works on the Pi2 should work on the Pi3 and Pi3+ shouldn't it?
Ok so I spent a lot of time on this and figure I would throw it out here. Short version is this does NOT work on the Pi3b+.

So I bought a Pi3b+ to try this out. Originally I thought I would flash the sd card and be off and running. I flashed the sd card and found that the pi refused to boot. I came here and found werejag's comment about replacing the boot files. So I went ahead and replaced the start_cd.elf, stard_db.elf, start_x.elf, and start.elf and that let the system boot. However the Pi3b+ has a new network chipset as well as a different wifi chipset so none of the networking comes up. I even went so far as to load the image into a virtual machine and see if I could update the underlying os but was unsuccessful. I went ahead and ordered a Pi3b and it worked as simply as I originally thought it would. So until there is an update everyone should avoid the pi3b+ for now (unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible).

Gonna give this a try :)

Attachments

• 71F2C020-41DA-4D61-8089-497A2A2E87D8.jpeg
    71F2C020-41DA-4D61-8089-497A2A2E87D8.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 39
Came out good :thumbsup:

Question for someone here, do i have to follow the python installation first to make the screen work or do i just install the pi force to the PI and The screen will automatically start working?

Attachments

• 41F6D794-9FE9-4B78-9430-84CAD7F05DA3.jpeg
    41F6D794-9FE9-4B78-9430-84CAD7F05DA3.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 42
Pretty sure you need to install the scripts and such that drive the board - otherwise it just sits there.

Anyone know where i can get one of these for the pi power cable -> naomi? Jasen costume dont seem to sell it anymore :(

Attachments

• C504D4C7-637A-43D7-A1EE-EF337493867C.jpeg
    C504D4C7-637A-43D7-A1EE-EF337493867C.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 38
right on.

I ended up making 3 of them about a month ago. I had a few usb extension cables and an old power supply I jacked the floppy power adapters from. Extremely easy to make.

Back