What's new
Your Polo isn't a 2, it's just a regular Polo.

I need to rip out my Polo from the Capcom cab next week. There's a poly cap I need to change on it. I'll double check the yoke specs then.

If the Philips isn't suitable for a swap, I have a tube for you. It's just taking up space at my place.

EDIT: the massive difference in vertical isn't necessarily an issue, so it's worth a try in any case.
Thanks! This tube would have been a back up if the original breaks, so no immediate need for it. But if you can double check those yoke specs that would be great. I don't even have that cabinet on my place right now so I won't be testing that Philips any time soon (if the original tube keeps on working), but if you have one extra burn free tube which is a straight fit of those specs, I'm more than happy to take it next time I'm in Helsinki area (other than flying) :)

I need to rip out my Polo from the Capcom cab next week. There's a poly cap I need to change on it. I'll double check the yoke specs then.

Finally got around to this, and naturally the poly cap is the wrong size. D'oh. Need to order another one.

Anyway, the yoke values for the A66ECY13X01 are

Lh 1.45 mH
Lv 23.9 mH
Rh 1.4 ohm
Rv 9.2 ohm

So more or less the same as the ones on the Arcade Otaku wiki.

I guess I just need to test if my Philips works or not. And now that I don't get that MINI CUTE at all, that 20" Philips is complete useless for me :D Any need for that @nem ? Perhaps we could swap them if you need one (I bring that 20" Philips and take that Polo 28" tube you had extra). I also need to find spare tube for that Blast City...

It's likely that's something that can't be fixed. Sorry.

What kind of ring set did it have on originally?
It was a bit thicker but still had the same amount of rings on it. Maybe I could give that one a try?

Maybe the tube got damage at some point. The tube and heaters are an exact match. I'll shelf this one and try the other.

It was a bit thicker but still had the same amount of rings on it. Maybe I could give that one a try?

Yeah, definitely give it a try.

What's the deflection angle on the two tubes? It's stamped on tube. It's like 100 or 110.

Yeah, definitely give it a try.

What's the deflection angle on the two tubes? It's stamped on tube. It's like 100 or 110.

I did not see that anywhere on the tube. All I saw was this sticker:

aBU8VnHm.jpg

Might need to start learning about tube swapping myself here soon. Was recapping my WG 25k7191 yesterday and discovered the glass has a small chip in it.

chipped monitor.jpg

Not sure if this can be fixed by some means. When I boot it back up ill see if it's really noticeable. But it's one of those things where I know it's there and it bothers the hell out of me.

So far my search for where to look for replacement tubes is coming up dry but I thought these were pretty easy tubes to find replacements for in America.

so this is the second ( no third actually) sony I "save" and I want to ask : is there anything to do with these or should I just offer them to console people?

IMG_5732.jpg
IMG_5725.jpg

so this is the second ( no third actually) sony I "save" and I want to ask : is there anything to do with these or should I just offer them to console people?

IMG_5732.jpg
IMG_5725.jpg
Unless you plan on doing RGB mods, pass them onto the console lads/lassies.

yeah that's what I was looking into but I have enough projects and will pass them on. Thank you !

@nem: Have you ever tried to swap a Nanao yoke on a Philips tube (A68ESF002 with factory aligned convergence/no magnetic rings)?

I haven't, because I have it on good authority that you can't drop a different yoke on a Philips tube.

What's the number on the tube after X? Because if it's either 43 or 143, it has a 0.310 mH yoke, which means it should play nice with a MS9 as is.

I have some tubes like this waiting for me in storage. I just need to get the proper connectors to match the headers on the Nanao and some time to mess around with them.

If "good authority" is MKL reply on an AO thread, I can counter with an old post/blog from uncletom. He seems to have successfully (?) mated Nanao Yokes with Videocolor/Philips tubes.
The tube (a68esf002x111) is from a 50Hz TV set, so not an option.

@nem do you have any recommendations what to look for Blast City Nanao 29" tube backup here in Finland or in EU in general? I think that 29" curved tubes in consumer TV side in here might be pretty rare...

If "good authority" is MKL reply on an AO thread, I can counter with an old post/blog from uncletom. He seems to have successfully (?) mated Nanao Yokes with Videocolor/Philips tubes.
The tube (a68esf002x111) is from a 50Hz TV set, so not an option.

Well, I looked into this. My source is indeed MKL.

I found uncletom's old page on mating a MS9 yoke on different 28" tubes here:

http://www.albyhus2.se/_eget/monitors/Nanao_MS9_CRT_replacement/CRT_nokia/#Update05

And sure enough, you we're right, he put the yoke on a Philips EAK tube. The resulting image wasn't upto his standards, but personally I'm surprised it looks as good as it does. If you have a burned in tube with perfect geometry I probably wouldn't swap that for this, but if you have a necked tube or one that is otherwise faulty, I guess it's worth a shot.

@nem do you have any recommendations what to look for Blast City Nanao 29" tube backup here in Finland or in EU in general? I think that 29" curved tubes in consumer TV side in here might be pretty rare...

They are indeed very rare here. I've found two kinds of 29" TVs, completely flat ones and the Philips sets that are semi-curved. That's it. Slim pickings. The MS293X has a 0.200 mH yoke, no consumer TV will have a suitable yoke to match. So it will have to be yoke swapped, and as in the link above, the Philips tubes likely won't work perfect with Nanao yokes.

This said, if you find any 29" tube locally, I would just grab it. Figure out later what you're going to do with it ;)

If you have a burned in tube with perfect geometry I probably wouldn't swap that for this, but if you have a necked tube or one that is otherwise faulty, I guess it's worth a shot.

I found uncletom's experiments a bit confusing... He placed the convergence rings on tubes that don't need them?
Anyway I have a different problem: I have a couple of Nanao chassis but I don't have a suitable tube, so I was thinking of maybe using the Philips to test the chassis.
Problem is that this Philips TV produces a great image, and I'm sure that if I remove the yoke I won't be able to set it as good as before.

I can point you to an old thread on a Forum: Neo-Arcadia

Suitable (as in curvature) tubes seem to be from: "Philips 29PT5305, Sony KV-29C5B (avec adaptation des oeillets, platine trop grande)Philips 29PT5424 , DAEWOO DTZ-29U7" all 15Khz TVs.
The Sanwa 29e31S from Eur spec Naomis have also the correct curvature.

Back