What's new
Any Updates on this Amazing Work?
Hore Kids is mostly done. I need to fix up the sound a little a couple of small cosmetic items - It's been at this point for MONTHS. :(

I've got a mostly finished port of Double Dragon 3 (USA and Japan, both) that's mostly done other than polishing and testing on real hardware (Still saving for an MVS flash cart :( ).

I've got a chip-8 interpreter that's 95% finished and just needs to be bug fixed [I've got a nasty one that I don't feel like tracking down], polished, and tested on real hardware.

I've also got half-finished ports of Cross pang, Karnov, Wonder Planet, Prehistoric Isle, and P.O.W. that I may revisit some day.
And, obviously, the ports of Terra Cresta and Soldier Girl Amazon need to be fixed and finished.

sir, i am playing your cabal port on a PROGBK1 and CHA512 (real hardware)
i saw a few bugs:

-game starts with 99 credits, so, missing game title, attract and ranking
-name entry always put "A" letter, despite the letter choose. the result is always "AAA" as ranking.
-extra life sound leads to mute game until stagle is cleared.
-unibios blind or glitched, gamecart crc check blind. (maybe incompleted S1?)
-the special gun with huge target have normal shot sound, while real cabal have a very accelerated shot sound.

hope it helps in any direction. Thanks for this awesome job.

Last edited:
another thing: What about
-prehistoric isle in 1930
-street smart
-datsugoku (POW)

sorry my ignorance, but i thought this games would be closer to NG hardware since its SNK...

sir, i am playing your cabal port on a PROGBK1 and CHA512 (real hardware)
i saw a few bugs:

-game starts with 99 credits, so, missing game title, attract and ranking
-name entry always put "A" letter, despite the letter choose. the result is always "AAA" as ranking.
-extra life sound leads to mute game until stage is cleared.
-unibios blind or glitched, gamecart crc check blind. (maybe incompleted S1?)
-the special gun with huge target have normal shot sound, while real cabal have a very accelerated shot sound.

hope it helps in any direction. Thanks for this awesome job.

You must be playing in AES mode for the 99 credits. I was lazy and just set it to "free play". I suppose I could set coin to "select".
The name thing is interesting. I will definitely investigate.
The extra life - do you mean completely mute or just no background music?
The unibios issue is likely the S1 data, yes.
The special gun, I'll have to look into that. Might be tricky to fix.

another thing: What about
-prehistoric isle in 1930
-street smart
-datsugoku (POW)

sorry my ignorance, but i thought this games would be closer to NG hardware since its SNK...

Prehistoric Isle has VERY different hardware. Different sprite layout, different palette, backgrounds are rom-based rather than ram-based, transparent color is F rather than 0 for tiles. Very much different.
Street Smart and POW are also quite different in how the sprite data is written to RAM. Because of that, each sprite write in the game's code has to be modified to convert the game. Sometimes this is dozens and dozens of rewritten routines.

You must be playing in AES mode for the 99 credits. I was lazy and just set it to "free play". I suppose I could set coin to "select".
i am on MVS. region japan mode arcade.
The extra life - do you mean completely mute or just no background music?
just background music turns off after extra life effect.
i saw another sound problem. it occurs by playing in aes mode: shot sounds (player and enemy) changes into credit chute sound when you shoot some big structure on the game (the left tower on level 1-3 by example
bullets of first boss falls as is, while normal game spreads widely, making gaps where player fit between ones
1660610670764.png

second boss doesnt attack. i leave the game running alone for more than 2 mins and boss doesnt attack

One suggestion only.
A sports game we never see it on neogeo before.
A Tennis Game.
If you find any, it will be great to see in action on neogeo for the first time.
Thanks for porting this games, they look great. ;)

Wonder if there was any more progress with these games... the patreon hasn't been updated for over a year.

Sorry, my ADD won't let me actually finish anything. Here's my last test build from January of 2022.
If someone wants to polish this, please feel free to reach out to me, otherwise, I'm likely done with it.
Note- it will need to be converted for use on most flash carts, right now it's in standard MAME/FBNeo format.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this game, but to me it seems to work great. You're a genius!

I went back and worked on these some more. I actually managed to get Soldier Girl Amazon quite polished.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtC5HKIudE

At this point, this one's ready for some outside testing if anyone would like to volunteer. I can probably convert it to a NeoSD format, but otherwise it'll be in MAME/FinalBurn Neo format.

I did also make some art if anyone feels like making it nicer.

Last edited:
Awesome work! Can you update your Patreon and I'll push it out on Twitter.

I went back and worked on these some more. I actually managed to get Soldier Girl Amazon quite polished.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtC5HKIudE

At this point, this one's ready for some outside testing if anyone would like to volunteer. I can probably convert it to a NeoSD format, but otherwise it'll be in MAME/FinalBurn Neo format.

I did also make some art if anyone feels like making it nicer.
I’d like to get a driver going for the MVSX, Arcade Stick Pro and Neogeo mini.

I'd like to try it out. MAME format is fine.

Outstanding! I am a huge fan of Sei Senshi Amatelass. I'll have to sub your patreon again. Great work!

Back