What's new
Now after starting from the beginning I cannot get any Arcade games to load, the Roms seem to be there but in the wrong place. Each time I select a game I get this screen..been using the update all script.

script>

script>

Now after starting from the beginning I cannot get any Arcade games to load, the Roms seem to be there but in the wrong place. Each time I select a game I get this screen..been using the update all script.
Sir , your problem has nothing to do with Jamma Expander . That is related by MiSTer , that core is Jotego core ... but is strange , i just made update all and here is loaded !
Anyway , search in games / mame folder if you have alexkidd.zip (this is the game) . why i say this is because sometimes , update all doesnt download all games from mame
47BABC0C-217B-4D69-93F3-B841261F5A30.jpeg

Thanks both, I should of mentioned it happens with every game not just Alex Kidd. I am going to buy a new SD card unless someone can recommend a good disk formatting program. I have windows and Mac.

Mister has gone from being my favourite thing to the thing I hate most in this world! I have formatted 3 SD cards to within an inch of their life and this piece of shit is deleting my Mame folder …. See below.

I have been wasting about 4 days and it still doesn’t work.. any ideas welcome before I throw this across the road.

script>

I gave it a quick spin just then and was able to trigger it again in Donpachi, with the USER-LOCK switch enabled. I made sure it was enabled by trying to access the menu as well.

Still the up direction too, very weird.
Is your stick old? It could perhaps be something with the way I 'de-bounce', but I've not been able to reproduce.
If you have the 'old-style' with individual connectors for each switch, you could try to rotate it to see if the 'up' switch triggers something, or if you have a 2P panel - switch the sticks altogether as the 2P stick probably has less wear.

Is your stick old? It could perhaps be something with the way I 'de-bounce', but I've not been able to reproduce.
If you have the 'old-style' with individual connectors for each switch, you could try to rotate it to see if the 'up' switch triggers something, or if you have a 2P panel - switch the sticks altogether as the 2P stick probably has less wear.

I've only tried this on newer sticks, so far a LS32 and a LS40. I thought that too at first so I switched my 1p and 2p sticks around. I haven't really had any time to play much of anything as of late but I'll sit down tomorrow and try to capture it or something.

Is there a any way to tweak/toggle the debouncing?

I've only tried this on newer sticks, so far a LS32 and a LS40. I thought that too at first so I switched my 1p and 2p sticks around. I haven't really had any time to play much of anything as of late but I'll sit down tomorrow and try to capture it or something.

Is there a any way to tweak/toggle the debouncing?
I'm not even sure it has something to do with debouncing, but looking into it. When you press a button or move the joystick, it's never a clean transition from off to on. I don't have an extensive data-set, but by nature 'leaf switches' are the absolute worst. Scope grab below is from a newish LS32 joystick, where you can see it's bouncing down and up a little before settling down after about 2.5ms. Current code on the expander reacts on the first change, and assumes things are settled within 10ms - there could be a bug in this code that has some weird behavior if things are not settled within this time period. Or it could be something completely different.. but as you possibly only experience this with 'UP', I figured it's worth looking into.

2022-04-02-MSO5000-ls32-newish.png

Nice. The footprint looks pretty similar to the original Jamma Expander, so modifying the case I made for V1 to V2 would take very little effort. From a glance it seems only the RCA jacks moved slightly, assuming the mounting holes on the PCB didn't change.

Nice. The footprint looks pretty similar to the original Jamma Expander, so modifying the case I made for V1 to V2 would take very little effort. From a glance it seems only the RCA jacks moved slightly, assuming the mounting holes on the PCB didn't change.
It's actually quite a bit different, smaller and things have been moved around.. (prototypes, production boards are blue and have a 'proper' jamma edge)
IMG_3076.JPEG

New addition for permanent controller assignment to specific players in the MiSTer.ini update as of yesterday looks useful for MiSTer JAMMA adapters.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Mai...f1cfd6ead671d0849bb32d94/MiSTer.ini#L141-L162

Code:
; Permanently assign specific controller to specific player.
; Normally you don't need to use this option, but if you use arcade cabinet with integrated controllers then
; you may want to use it for specific player regardless which controller is used first.
; To assign it, you need to provide unique part of this controller ID.
; In USB debug log you may see list of input devices right after core has been loaded.
; For example:
;
; opened 0( 0): /dev/input/event8 (1915:0040) 0 "7c:10:c9:15:22:33/df:47:3a:12:44:55" "Flydigi APEX2"
; ...
; opened 7( 7): /dev/input/event3 (1997:2535) 0 "usb-ffb40000.usb-1.6/input0" "  mini keyboard"
; opened 9( 9): /dev/input/event0 (046d:4024) 0 "usb-ffb40000.usb-1.2/input2:1/4024-19-a2-39-0a" "Logitech K400"
;
; following part is unique identifier in system ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
; So you need to provide part of this string identifying exactly this device. Don't include inputX part as it may change after reboot.
; Wireless devices usually have format MAC/MAC, wired devices use usb-... format.
;
; Example of such unique part of strings:
;
;player_1_controller=usb-1.2/  ;include / at the end so it won't match with something like usb-1.2.3
;player_2_controller=7c:10:c9:15:22:33/df:47:3a:12:44:55
;player_3_controller=
;player_4_controller=

Anyone have P1/P2 issues with the expander in gamepad mode? If so, I may have a fix that doesn't include messing with ini files..

Back