What's new

raynex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Evening Everyone. I was curious if there is any interest in me making a batch of JAMMA extensions. I made a batch for myself and friend and will have a few extras to sell, but if there is a bigger interest, I'll consider making one large batch. This is Frank's JAMMA ext PCB he posted a few years ago but I made some additions that may be appealing to people: Integrated voltmeter on game board side and custom case I designed for both ends. These have been tested to work on JAMMA Switchers as well, which was my original intension. If I do make a batch, I can only ship to the lower 48 states. I'm just an end-user and international shipping has been a royal pain for me (sorry).
Also showing color combos for case prints. Thought it would be cool to make a theme so I did one in Capcom color that matches my Jasen CPS1 case. :)
Looking to ask for $70 each plus shipping.

Features:
- Gold JAMMA fingers
- Beveled edge (by hand cause JLC couldn't do it for such a small PCB and I did ask).
- Custom case. You can buy longer M3 screws if you want to use PCB feets on any of the corners.
- Integrated Voltmeter (Voltmeters tested to make sure they are within tolerance)
- 32" (80cm) long (big reason for the Voltmeter due to loss so you can adjust as necessary)
- Hand made IDC Cable (that length is typically not available for a reasonable price and the connectors are reversed)

UPDATE 5/13/24. All extras have been sold. Any further interest will be put on a list. Once I reach a Quantity interest of 10 or more, I will order another batch. I appreciate everyone's interest in this thus far. :)

UPDATE: 5/5/24. I have finished making all the cables and I have enough extras to cover those that want one. I'll reach out to you individually. If any others are interested, just reply to the thread your interest and how many. I'll continue to monitor it and see when I can push for another batch.

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1483.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Awesome dude, but is it too late to add the kick harness feature? As in plugging the KH on one end and th other so you don't need an equally long KH?

Awesome dude, but is it too late to add the kick harness feature? As in plugging the KH on one end and th other so you don't need an equally long KH?
I searched far and wide for the version Frank made with the kick harness port, but I haven't seen it anywhere. I'm not knowledgeable enough to edit his project to add it manually, unfortunately.

I searched far and wide for the version Frank made with the kick harness port, but I haven't seen it anywhere. I'm not knowledgeable enough to edit his project to add it manually, unfortunately.
I would NOT copy our good friend RGB's design, but this is what I was trying to describe. I think my old school Frank version did not have it, so it must have been RGB that came up with the idea, although I did see it somewhere else that I can't remember.

https://rgbslab.com/products/jamma-extension-harness

I would NOT copy our good friend RGB's design, but this is what I was trying to describe. I think my old school Frank version did not have it, so it must have been RGB that came up with the idea, although I did see it somewhere else that I can't remember.

https://rgbslab.com/products/jamma-extension-harness
Talking about this one? The 5th picture with the White PCB has the harness ports? If so, that's the one Frank never publicly released as far as I know. https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/arcade-projects-jamma-extension-cables.7041/

Just wanted to update that I received my last bag of screws I needed so I am steamrolling into making all the cables in my original order now. Here are some updated shots of my soldering so you can see what's under the hood and the Capcom Cable.

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 39
I purchased and received a jamma extension from @raynex and I love it! The attention to detail from a stylistic aspect is on point. I picked white housing with black accents and it looks great. Even a white key on the harness, nice touch. Functionally, it works perfectly. Voltmeter is accurate and I have had zero issues, about .02 loss end to end. Been testing it every night during some play sessions with different pcbs, multis and an RGB-PI. All positives, if you're thinking of getting one just do it.

Attachments

• 797a125c-d204-43df-bc45-03b1f5a981ef.jpg
    797a125c-d204-43df-bc45-03b1f5a981ef.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240513_203519.jpg
    20240513_203519.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240513_203526.jpg
    20240513_203526.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240513_203946.jpg
    20240513_203946.jpg