What's new
Mine is used in a single cabinet - over the Jamma edge - and at least for me - i don't have to adjust the volume, its set and forget.

Mine is used in a single cabinet - over the Jamma edge - and at least for me - i don't have to adjust the volume, its set and forget.
Weird, I find certain games are very loud when others are set to a reasonable volume (or vice versa)

Is it possible to mount the volume pot to the front of the case?
Yeah I was thinking of doing something like this, same way I've done on some PSUs/superguns. It's definitely an option. To me it's not a big deal to drill the hole though, and it would be less protrusions on the case. Will figure this out when I actually get around to putting it together

The 3p/4p board fits nice. Still working on fitting a few more things.

Attachments

• 20220921_191015.jpg
    20220921_191015.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220921_191028.jpg
    20220921_191028.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 80
so what is everyone using the push buttons for? I can't really think of a reason to use them right now. Are these useful for the HDMI kit?

edit: whoops these details are in the first post

so what is everyone using the push buttons for? I can't really think of a reason to use them right now. Are these useful for the HDMI kit?

edit: whoops these details are in the first post
For those of us without HDMI, I’m using the buttons for test and service. I got the idea from @dos

Yeah I'm going to wire test and service to the back of the filterboard JAMMA connector, and have a 4-pin connector in the middle for easy disassembly.

Just waiting on a fan but this thing is sweet.

Attachments

• 20220926_211259.jpg
    20220926_211259.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220926_211349.jpg
    20220926_211349.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 77
For the folks who have done the full CPS1 case install, would this be the right pin headers to get to support the LED selector mount?

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/649-68021-214HLF

Jasen's website mentions this is necessary but no link was in the CPS1 page to confirm. I found that one linked in his CPS2 listing and I'm assuming the selector is the same type between each multi.

For that matter, any idea where else these can be found with a quicker turnaround? Lead time on Mouser is currently listed at over 2 months.

For the folks who have done the full CPS1 case install, would this be the right pin headers to get to support the LED selector mount?

Jasen's website mentions this is necessary but no link was in the CPS1 page to confirm. I found that one linked in his CPS2 listing and I'm assuming the selector is the same type between each multi.

For that matter, any idea where else these can be found with a quicker turnaround? Lead time on Mouser is currently listed at over 2 months.
I got a shrouded one for a better fit and the key that would help me orient it the right way. I think it was 571-1033112. I had also ordered 617-09-18-514-6323 just in case, since they're cheap and I didn't want to have to place a second order in case there was something wrong with the other one.

I ended up using this, figured I'd use it for other projects plus had prime shipping. Not as nice as a shrouded one though.
2.54mm 2 x 20-pin Male https://a.co/d/6s0e3js

Unfortunately my setup doesn't allow for easy admiration of this awesome case

PXL_20221002_043235867~2.jpg

But it's highly functional viz. keeping the CPS1 multi stack protected inside a cramped cab, allowing use of a switcher (as the Aero's monitor is a pain to re-configure for board swapping, I decided to dedicate the cab to CPS1 and CPS2 as their contrast/brightness and H/V position settings are identical)

Now I just need to build or order a kick harness condenser as I currently have to manually swap it

E: Kinda hilarious that the Mini Cute has more interior space than an Aero, thanks to smart design

Unfortunately my setup doesn't allow for easy admiration of this awesome case

PXL_20221002_043235867~2.jpg

But it's highly functional viz. keeping the CPS1 multi stack protected inside a cramped cab, allowing use of a switcher (as the Aero's monitor is a pain to re-configure for board swapping, I decided to dedicate the cab to CPS1 and CPS2 as their contrast/brightness and H/V position settings are identical)

Now I just need to build or order a kick harness condenser as I currently have to manually swap it

E: Kinda hilarious that the Mini Cute has more interior space than an Aero, thanks to smart design

The value of the case if the protection. The side benefit is that it looks good :) Glad to see you're OK in S.FL after Ian hit. I don't envy you all down there right now.

Luckily I am nowhere near where it hit, I'm in the southeastern part of the state and it hit the mid-western part. We just had a small amount of rain and wind. Thanks though!

EDIT: And yes, my primary reason for purchase was the protection and it's doing that job fantastically. Wish you had a similar case for M72

EDIT2: Oh, and the volume pot ended up being a non-issue considering I'm running the LCD outside of the case. It is easily accessed through the LCD hole

Back