What's new
Coming from 3 NACs and 4 PRas which could all use the MisterCade/Mister - I'd be interested in up to 4p - there are a lot of great 3+ player games. It def wouldn't be my default use case though.

As a compromise - it'd be interesting if you could also configure Cab1: P1/P2 and Cab2: P3/P4, etc for those with 2L cabs.
4 players, 2 cabs

Does the XL not do VS?
The XL is needed for VS but then the second cabinet needs to be plugged in some way.
Is that a new case for a remote board?
Yes, that's the official case that's being designed.

In related to the latest on the forum, I just want to point out that the MiSTerCade is still the best option out there for Jamma/mister interfacing. Also really appreciate how @misteraddons has been super friendly and transparent on all questions and answers.
Keep kicking ass, man!

The XL is needed for VS but then the second cabinet needs to be plugged in some way.

Yes, that's the official case that's being designed.
Oh interesting! I thought it'd link into another Mistercade XL.

This is cool too :)

When can I buy a couple Mistercade XL + case? haha ty! I guess I can wait for the VS terminals to go live now so no rush.

A friend of mine decided to talk my head off about this thing and really made it sound amazing. I ended up ordering one and am super excited to try it out. I typically prefer original hardware but the FPGA boards have been pretty intriguing.

I have no luck connect mistercade to jamma cabinet (sega versus city) and the mistercade not power on.

Mistercade insert sd card completed prepare. Just one thing I don’t place a mister.ini to the root of sd card because there are no MiSTer-15kHz.ini in the downloaded mistercade-main zip file.

I have no luck connect mistercade to jamma cabinet (sega versus city) and the mistercade not power on.

Mistercade insert sd card completed prepare. Just one thing I don’t place a mister.ini to the root of sd card because there are no MiSTer-15kHz.ini in the downloaded mistercade-main zip file.

The files on GitHub have been relabeled-I need to update the documentation. The file you need to copy to the SD card is in “MiSTer INIs”->”15khz YOKO”.

603967CC-34C9-4931-A9FD-141A86A131D8.jpeg

As for the MiSTercade’s power not coming on, try changing the Cab 12V / 5V setting on the MiSTercade to the other setting.

B1FA8DD2-3FDD-4512-8496-F37FE8B3135B.jpeg

The files on GitHub have been relabeled-I need to update the documentation. The file you need to copy to the SD card is in “MiSTer INIs”->”15khz YOKO”.

603967CC-34C9-4931-A9FD-141A86A131D8.jpeg

As for the MiSTercade’s power not coming on, try changing the Cab 12V / 5V setting on the MiSTercade to the other setting.

B1FA8DD2-3FDD-4512-8496-F37FE8B3135B.jpeg
Thank you this solve my problem.

Now I manage to run update_all script I get all mame rom. But when I try to launch any game the game loading with progress bar then screen go black. No sound and anything else. I still can open the game setting menu by push down+start.

What to do next? =_=“

Thank you this solve my problem.

Now I manage to run update_all script I get all mame rom. But when I try to launch any game the game loading with progress bar then screen go black. No sound and anything else. I still can open the game setting menu by push down+start.

What to do next? =_=“
Step 8 under “initial software setup and configuration” should get that sorted: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UjkAZYI64kOb1BBOPBQpC4kbLPz9o5LEmcAAOpQNcuI/mobilebasic

The MAME/HBMAME getter used to be enabled by default, but isn’t anymore

Last edited:
Got my MisterCade last week and got it together and running last night. Very awesome piece of kit. Totally worth it.

One thing I'm struggling with is using the scaler to be able to rotate games. The documentation mentions that if you want to rotate games, you just need to play at 31khz over VGA. However, I'm testing it that way and games don't rotate (DoDonpachi, for instance). I'm on a Blast City with an MS9.

Is there something I can change in the 31khz .ini file to enable rotation to work? I've tried a few different things (global and game specific), and I just can't get it working. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

When I wrote the documentation on playing a vertical game on a horizontal display, it only worked correctly for a few games, so I wrote the following disclaimer after the settings:

"Note that enabling the MiSTer’s upscaler with 15 kHz settings are not guaranteed to work with all cores, and the game display may be cropped - consider these settings experimental."

Unfortunately, things haven't improved in the last year - AFAIK there still isn't a standard, reliable way to run all vertical arcade games on a horizontal display with MiSTer. I'll update the documentation to emphasize the disclaimer more strongly.

Thanks! I was hoping it would work on 31khz. Now I need to decide if I want to flip my crt back to vertical, or just focus on horizontal stuff for a while 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks! I was hoping it would work on 31khz. Now I need to decide if I want to flip my crt back to vertical, or just focus on horizontal stuff for a while 🤔🤔🤔
Yeah the scaler doesn't rotate over analog at the moment, only over digital. The result is authentic, perhaps to a fault :)

Yeah the scaler doesn't rotate over analog at the moment, only over digital. The result is authentic, perhaps to a fault :)

Is it/should it be possible to take a digital signal out of the HDMI port and use an active VGA converter, and have scaling work that way? I tried it last night, but when I loaded games they went out of range for the monitor (mister menu was fine). Any settings that you know of that might allow it to work this way?

Back