What's new
Yeah, it’s funny. So the Amazon listing clearly says 4-8 Ohm, but then printed on the back of my amp it says 2-8 Ohm. I reconnected the speakers and it seems to work at just about all volume levels.

In terms of the stock equipment I get all the lights, no power issues. Upon closer examination the large heat shield that sticks out of the top is/was welded to a chip, im assuming the actual amp/processor portion. The majority of these connections have been broken. I think it may be toast. I’m going to go with the Amazon amp and then a gain knob to control the volume from the front, after I’ve set max volume, bass, and treble on the amp towards the back.

Someone said it here or on the Facebook group, the Blanc is such a cool looking machine but without an IO it’s not great unless you want to rewire the majority (which I am). I should probably make a build thread.

Hi, first post on here. I recently acquired a 2007 early model Noir, and it appears the overhead lamp was DOA.
Is there anywhere I can get a replacement lamp or drop-in LED conversion kit?

Also interested to see if there is a modern LCD replacement that can drop in as with the LG screens that work on Lindbergh.

Attachments

• F784B8E6-ED5A-4DC0-9F92-9E24841474E0.jpeg
    F784B8E6-ED5A-4DC0-9F92-9E24841474E0.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 15913598-9C06-4A27-9089-C6A335BA9FC4.jpeg
    15913598-9C06-4A27-9089-C6A335BA9FC4.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 85
I ripped mine out since I couldn't find replacements. I put a 100v LED on it and just tapped into the existing 100v connector.

As for the monitor, any 32" LCD will fit, it's just a matter of getting creative with how you mount it. 32" LCD upgrades is on my "to do" list for the Noirs.

Wanna get the lights lit up for my card reader, for no other reason than aesthetics. Have a Namco JVS board in the cab hooked up (but inactive in my use case). Was wondering what needs to be plugged in for it to come to life?

Wanna get the lights lit up for my card reader, for no other reason than aesthetics. Have a Namco JVS board in the cab hooked up (but inactive in my use case). Was wondering what needs to be plugged in for it to come to life?
If you apply power to the reader without it being connected to an actual Namco game, it will just cycle through the LED colors for a little bit and turn off.

It would be best to gut the card reader and glue some LEDs of your choice to the underside of the reader then figure out a way to power them.

I ordered a replacement monitor with bezel from Japan. But it did not come with any plugs. So basically I don’t know how to send it power and have no way of adjusting the picture settings. Is there any way I can get the board to adjust picture settings and a diagram on how this thing gets power?

I'm not sure exactly which monitor you have, but on my 720p sanwa version, it looks like this:

1674449075201.png

Looking at the manual, the you'll need a JST YL 8 Way to get your 24v source to the monitor (which you will need to pull from the PSU) and a JST XH series for the test/service buttons

1674449132156.png

I think this cabinet as a spare and has been stripped of its parts. (I bought it cheap) Isn’t there supposed to be a board to adjust the picture settings. And what kind of psu do you recommend.

I think this cabinet as a spare and has been stripped of its parts. (I bought it cheap) Isn’t there supposed to be a board to adjust the picture settings. And what kind of psu do you recommend.
Got any pics of it open so we can see ? :)

Do you have an existing Noir?

If not then yes, you are correct, there is a remote pcb that has buttons to adjust and deal with test/service/volume etc.

But as @Rukas mentioned, it'd help with photos of what you got :)

This is the monitor.

Attachments

• F69AB1AE-FB98-4B28-87D6-B478542E27F2.jpeg
    F69AB1AE-FB98-4B28-87D6-B478542E27F2.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 78
  • E6AFA982-307B-443A-81F8-833FEC1F37B4.jpeg
    E6AFA982-307B-443A-81F8-833FEC1F37B4.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 799D2AD1-19AB-41C5-B284-DD9CC3A62669.jpeg
    799D2AD1-19AB-41C5-B284-DD9CC3A62669.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 78
My guess is the 3 pin grey green white wires is power to the fluorescent tube. The blue wires are for the pcb that controls the monitor which I don’t have. And the yellow and black is for powering the monitor?

same as mine.. the 3 pin is for the fluro (100v).

The white connector furthest to the left (when looking at the back front on) is for power (24v - wired up as per the diagram above) the first black connector goes to my remote panel

Where can I get a remote panel. Or should I swap the monitor inside?

@srtten
May I ask where you ordered it from and how much it cost? I'd read about people swapping out the monitor, but wasn't aware you could still get replacement originals.

Where can I get a remote panel. Or should I swap the monitor inside?
I wouldn't have the faintest idea where get the osd panel from.

Do you already have a noir? If so, you can use the remote pcb

Last edited:
@srtten
May I ask where you ordered it from and how much it cost? I'd read about people swapping out the monitor, but wasn't aware you could still get replacement originals.
It’s used. I got it from yahoo Japan auctions. I used Buyee to order and ship. Cost too much. Yahoo jp sold it to me for 160. But shipping with Buyee cost $350! The good thing is it was shipped fast with fed ex. Received it in a little over a week.

This. That’s what I did, you can leave the actual controls molex in place and just push out the non necessary ones.
Looking to do this to possibly wire a Brook board and also maybe try my hand at getting a USB cable through for a phone charger. Can someone show a pic of exactly which thing can be removed? Thanks.

Back