What's new
I just wrote this image to a microSD (Samsung EVO+) card and I'm looking forward to testing it out this weekend.
I'll be using: RPi 3 + Naomi + NetDIMM + Zero PIC/key.

Do post your results! I've been looking at setting up the same very soon.

What is the recommended touchscreen lcd screen to use?

Also, the zero pic, anything change with those? I need to make sure I have them burned correctly.

I wanna see if I get my units updated this weekend.

Time hack - no need to use a zero pic on a Naomi/Naomi 2
I'm under the impression you don't need one at all now...
But I've got one installed/tested as fully working so I figured I'd continue to test this new image with it (I had been using a Piforce image on RPi 2 for years without issue).

I'm under the impression you don't need one at all now...
But I've got one installed/tested as fully working so I figured I'd continue to test this new image with it (I had been using a Piforce image on RPi 2 for years without issue).
Sweet, so no pic chip is needed at all? Just making Im up to date with this. I still have them though.

As long as there is power and the ethernet cable connected, it's not need on the Naomi1/2. I reuse all my old keys for the chihiro

Its a nice upgrade (not needed the key on Naomi), skipping the CRC check is great too.
For me its @DragonMinded 's menu that has me interested in checking this release out.
I was perfectly happy with RPi2+Piforce+LCD hat, but opening the Vewlix PCB compartment every time just to select a game got old fast.
I really like the release format too BTW, split compressed img leaves nothing to procedure (ie format this, expand that, blah blah I can't be bothered).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can only access the OSM on bootup. You need the openjvs to access it in game, I think?

I think you can only access the OSM on bootup. You need the openjvs to access it in game, I think?

You need OpenJVS to allow you to use a button combination to get back to the OSM. If you're going to use native JVS, you will need to power off the cab and power it back on to get back into OSM or use your phone to load OSM again. That's what I've experienced.

With a Rpi3b+, my OSM pretty much locks up whenever I use OpenJVS, but that said, I haven't updated to the latest 6.1.8 version which chunksin mentioned is a lot more stable - I'm still to do that over the weekend.

Reactions: XeD
If you're going to use native JVS, you will need to power off the cab and power it back on to get back into OSM or use your phone to load OSM again. That's what I've experienced.
Yea I'm fine with this.
When I want to pick another game currently (with the Piforce+LCD hat setup) I power down the cab too.

I've not had great success loading another game without rebooting first, often times it just locks up the Naomi and I have to power down anyway so I don't even try it anymore.

Does it still include to code to do the reset through the relay/fan mod?
It does
Yea I'm fine with this.
When I want to pick another game currently (with the Piforce+LCD hat setup) I power down the cab too.

I've not had great success loading another game without rebooting first, often times it just locks up the Naomi and I have to power down anyway so I don't even try it anymore.
I thought the new multi bios fix that issue?

I thought the new multi bios fix that issue?
I don't use Multi BIOS.
I bitched for years that original Multi BIOS was buggy trash, people told me I was wrong and it was fantastic.

Maybe things have changed now, but I'm a bitter bitter fuck...
I said it was trash PERIOD (I never forgive or forget OR go back on my word).

The 1st one was buggy, the 2nd (proper) fix most/all the issue. But I understand your stance

Yeah I'm almost sure mathieulh's bios fixed a lot of those issues that required the relay mod.

What I would suggest is update to the latest bios, use the latest wipi image 6.1.4 and then update to 6.1.8 so you know you have the absolute latest of everything naomi related.

With that, you can boot all the games that previously had issues easily through your phone/ipad/browser.

Zero key is definitely optional now, but if your naomi setup has the pi is plugged into cn12, you can constantly have power to the pi so it'll send the poll that the games requires to act as the key.

Yeah I'm almost sure mathieulh's bios fixed a lot of those issues that required the relay mod.

What I would suggest is update to the latest bios, use the latest wipi image 6.1.4 and then update to 6.1.8 so you know you have the absolute latest of everything naomi related.

With that, you can boot all the games that previously had issues easily through your phone/ipad/browser.

Zero key is definitely optional now, but if your naomi setup has the pi is plugged into cn12, you can constantly have power to the pi so it'll send the poll that the games requires to act as the key.
Thanks for the info guys!

Will do that, the pis power is always connected to the Naomis through CN12, that's how I also routed the relay mod connection to the pi all in one cable.

Will update everything, remove the pic, update to the latest bios, etc... and go from there. Will keep the really mod since its done.

The netdimm setups are so freaking finicky.

The netdimm setups are so freaking finicky.

I used to think that, but my Compact Flash journey has been WAAAAAY more finicky :D

I personally believe chunksin's image + mathieulh's bios is the BEST thing that's happened to the Naomi in recent years. Chunksin has done an amazing job with also adding all the great work that other community members have done with dragonminded's OSM, winteriscoming's card emulator and of course, bobbydilley's OpenJVS. There's also the OpenFFB piece of work, but I personally don't have any experience on it.

A person would be doing themselves a disservice imo if they don't use this setup if they have a NetDIMM.

Everything tested is working great so far...
Question: can I get the Pi to send the Naomi menu automatically (or after a short delay to ensure Netdimm is ready to receive).

I agree thank you to everyone involved and for chunksin for putting it all together into an idiot proof image :)

Does anyone know if the ram test was fixed in mathieulh's new bios? The old multi bios ram test was useless always hanging in ic9 when it was another random ram chip at fault.

I agree thank you to everyone involved and for chunksin for putting it all together into an idiot proof image :)

Does anyone know if the ram test was fixed in mathieulh's new bios? The old multi bios ram test was useless always hanging in ic9 when it was another random ram chip at fault.
For me the ram test still hang on ic9 when another is at fault.

Everything tested is working great so far...
Question: can I get the Pi to send the Naomi menu automatically (or after a short delay to ensure Netdimm is ready to receive).
If you are talking about the OSM, you can. You need the pi to take it power on the cn12. Turn on single boot under menu>options and the on screen menu under menu>setup>manage netdimms

Back