What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
56340681.jpg

i have a better idea! Build a PGM1 Multi, and port NG games to it :)))

What other platforms are potential condidates to run on Neo Geo hardware?
UPSCALE THIS BAD BOY 8) 8) :thumbsup: :thumbup:
ngp_sys_silver.jpg
Man, I had actually asked Darksoft to see about making a multi for this little guy :D
But I like your idea as well.
There's someone already on a multi for the ngpc. I recently received this guy's Atari Lynx multi and it's awesome.

If DS has the desire for a ngpc multi it would obviously be awesome!

Now if you just meant having the NGPC being playable on the NG multi, HELL YEAH!

What other platforms are potential condidates to run on Neo Geo hardware?
UPSCALE THIS BAD BOY 8) 8) :thumbsup: :thumbup:
Man, I had actually asked Darksoft to see about making a multi for this little guy :D But I like your idea as well.
There's someone already on a multi for the ngpc. I recently received this guy's Atari Lynx multi and it's awesome.
If DS has the desire for a ngpc multi it would obviously be awesome!

Now if you just meant having the NGPC being playable on the NG multi, HELL YEAH!
Okay, first - who is doing a "proper" one with an SD card because I WANT ONE :) Second, yes, I was saying maybe get NGP game run on the MVS/AES cart. A dream, I'm sure, but the topic came up.

I have three NGP flash carts, 1x Bung from back in the day, and two from Flavor (1x + linker, 1x USB version). All of these only allow up to two full game roms at once to be loaded, so one more akin to an Everdrive or DS's multis would be preferable. If there is someone already working on that, please let me know as I need to follow that project! Flavor does (or used to?) make a Lynx flash cart so maybe we're talking about the same thing here.

Anyway, we're off topic at this point. Perhaps a DS NGPC multi interest thread is in order? :D:D:D:D:D

i totally second the IGS PGM to neo Geo just to be able to play the killing blade and knights of valor

i totally second the IGS PGM to neo Geo just to be able to play the killing blade and knights of valor
Well, I think ANY extra bonus games that we can play on it would be awesome, hell, it's awesome already!

So that would make it super awesome.

:D

Looks great DS! Any chance of getting SD card save states, similar to what is available on the N8 or Mega Everdrive?

My bet is on Alpha68k (Gang Wars + Prehistoric Isle 1930) it's the predecessor of the NEOGEO. It's very similar in hardware.
Has only a resolution of 256x224px though, so there would be borders right and left.

PGM/CPS1/CPS2 have a different screen resolution and are significantly more powerful than NEOGEO.

A known bootlegger is currently working on an illegal port of In the Hunt (M92). M92 has the same screen resolution but requires programming and redesign from ground up.

Last edited:
My bet is on Alpha68k (Gang Wars + Prehistoric Isle 1930) it's the predecessor of the NEOGEO. It's very similar in hardware.
Has only a resolution of 256x224px though, so there would be borders right and left.

PGM/CPS1/CPS2 have a different screen resolution and are significantly more powerful than NEOGEO.

A known bootlegger is currently working on an illegal port of In the Hunt (M92). M92 has the same screen resolution but requires programming and redesign from ground up.
PGM is definitely more powerful. CPS1/CPS2 are debatable cause the Neo Geo can do more graphically and has access to bank switching unless you're going with raw power of the 68000 even then neo geo is faster than the cps1', but screen size differences make porting a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back