What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great things take time ppl.. Even Rome wasnt built in one day.. :) ( if your book says so you need to return it!)

let DS have his time.

I am just awesomely grateful he is trying!

Remember that he is doing this for US the gamers! Its frekkin awesome that someone even takes all the time to do this kind of service for all of us.

I prefer to not wait, so loading times on every startup is a buy/not buy question for me.
As said before, maybe two versions? One loading 4-slot and one not loading one-slot? :P

I prefer to not wait, so loading times on every startup is a buy/not buy question for me.
As said before, maybe two versions? One loading 4-slot and one not loading one-slot? :P
As said before, you can only load one game and you'll save time
Seems that you don't even have time to read this thread :)
According to the fact that you can't wait a couple of seconds, maybe it's better for you to not get one and continue playing your original favourites games... Maybe you have to wait until it's released and that could be in a long time

As said before, you can only load one game and you'll save timeSeems that you don't even have time to read this thread :)
According to the fact that you can't wait a couple of seconds, maybe it's better for you to not get one and continue playing your original favourites games... Maybe you have to wait until it's released and that could be in a long time
Thanks for clarifying that I dont need one then.

Be nice, guys. There are 53 pages in this thread and not a lot of definitive final details. I wouldn't even read them all. Once we have a working version we are happy with we will pot the details in the first post.

I don't want people leaving the site because they feel like they are being treated rudely.

As for the two versions. It's not a bad idea but logistically two different designs is not really an option at this point.

While we appreciate our members passing any info that has been discussed along the only two people that have info about the project details are Darksoft and to a lesser extent, me. Any official details will come only from us. There are other forums trying to shoot this project down with false details and false statements. I remind everyone that new details are ONLY SHARED HERE ON ARCADE-PROJECTS FIRST. If you don't see it here then it isn't true.

If you need a detail confirmed and can't find the answer in this thread somewhere feel free to PM us. We will do our best to answer you in a timely manner and I promise it will be in a friendly, non passive-aggressive manner.

Thanks to all the members we have here! We really appreciate all of you.

Well, the way I look at it is, it's a simple choice between two options: An All-In-One Neo-Geo Multi-cart or it doesn't get made for some reason and we all end up with nothing and are forced to use a cheap 161 in 1 POS.

Multi-cart or nothing? Give me the Multi-cart!

Price, load times, 1 load or 4 load, time frame to completion, flash or not, whatever, these are minor details as long as it gets made.

So thanks again to the DarkMitSoftSu Corp. for their hard work and dedication to making this a reality in ANY form...

Last edited:
A few threads ago the cost of the device came up, and I believe $400USD was mentioned.

I know that there are other FPGA / FLASH based devices that are very popular for other consoles (Everdrives, SD2SNES, etc) but none of them are close to this price range. Most are 1/2 price or less (and yes, they too are designed by a single developer who spend hundreds if not thousands of R&D time making them)

I think as the time gets closer, it would be nice to go into detail on what makes this thing tick (in terms of hardware, etc) because $400USD is a lot of $$$.

Can't wait to see the end result.

A few threads ago the cost of the device came up, and I believe $400USD was mentioned.

I know that there are other FPGA / FLASH based devices that are very popular for other consoles (Everdrives, SD2SNES, etc) but none of them are close to this price range. Most are 1/2 price or less (and yes, they too are designed by a single developer who spend hundreds if not thousands of R&D time making them)

I think as the time gets closer, it would be nice to go into detail on what makes this thing tick (in terms of hardware, etc) because $400USD is a lot of $$$.

Can't wait to see the end result.
Back in the day a Sega Genesis or an SNES were $100, but the Neo Geo was like $600. It's the same with its carts, they are way more complex than the Sega Genesis or SNES ones, which usually have a single data chip inside. The Neo Geo has 5 different buses, all working in parallel to bring the nice graphics and sounds we are used to. So the neo's multicart has to be way more complex, therefore way more expensive than the ones for smaller, less complex consoles.

I for one don't mind the developer making good money on this (if that's even the case), because that will encourage others to come up with something cool if it's profitable.

If you think it's too expensive don't buy it ;)
I'm going to buy when I get the chance and I expect it to be as good as it's promised. Quality custom products deserve a good price. And I guess if there's no money to be made there's no point in designing and building a product for mass production in the first place anyway.

But maybe the Chinese pirates will knock one off and sell it cheaper as they are doing with the Everdrive's but you probably don't get all the features and firmware upgrades and you won't be supporting the inventor.

But maybe the Chinese pirates will knock one off and sell it cheaper as they are doing with the Everdrive's but you probably don't get all the features and firmware upgrades and you won't be supporting the inventor.
Don't think so. For one, the everdrives are simpler devices which (at least the SD2SNES one) are opensource, that alone simplifies making copies of it. Then, there's the market. Everybody had an NES, many people feels nostalgic for it and may buy a not-so-expensive multitcart to play the games. Not many people played/knew CPS2/NeoGeo, even less have one, not that many will buy the cart, which is what the chinese bootleggers like. While there is a market for this device as developed by Darksoft/Mitsu, I do not think it's worth the time for the chinese to bootleg it.

if darksoft comes up with a neogeo mvs or aes multi cart which works similar to his amazing cps2 multi kit I'd definitely buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back