What's new
Don’t know if this has been asked before bur, is it possible to add Sinden or Guncon3 support to this project?

Don’t know if this has been asked before bur, is it possible to add Sinden or Guncon3 support to this project?
The project supports any Linux input device, so as long as you can set these up on Linux then they’ll work fine.

Thanks to everyone who purchased the hats. I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on the sales process that we can take into account if we do another run?

I know people where confused by the lack of confirmation email, so I’ll remember that that’s important if we do it again!

The project supports any Linux input device, so as long as you can set these up on Linux then they’ll work fine.
Perfect, will see if i can work something out when i get my hat. I know Sinden has raspberry pi drivers and there are some linux gcon3 drivers floating around but i think they are not fully functional.

@bobbydilley I likes the package and features, but If I wanted to put an LCD or TFT Display on it I was stuck, It'd be nice to have a pass-trough to be able to stack a display on. But that's my only complaint.

Just tested Guncon3 support (At least for 1 player) and it worked great. Full run of HOTD2 on Naomi and had no problems. I used drivers form:

https://github.com/lymandev/guncon3

And the next Device Map which I think can be improved:

BTN_WEST CONTROLLER_BUTTON_TEST
BTN_EAST CONTROLLER_BUTTON_COIN
BTN_NORTH CONTROLLER_BUTTON_START
BTN_START CONTROLLER_BUTTON_SERVICE
BTN_SOUTH CONTROLLER_BUTTON_A
ABS_X CONTROLLER_ANALOGUE_X
ABS_Y CONTROLLER_ANALOGUE_Y

I'm giving up on trying the Sinden gun at the moment as I don't have an OSSC to generate the border and the games look better without borders anyway.

The HAT is the best companion to the WiPiNetbooter.

Just seeing this - you mean if I get a GunCon3 - and hook it up to my OpenJVS rig, I can play HOTD on a CRT with no issues?

Matt

Just tested Guncon3 support (At least for 1 player) and it worked great. Full run of HOTD2 on Naomi and had no problems. I used drivers form:

https://github.com/lymandev/guncon3

And the next Device Map which I think can be improved:

BTN_WEST CONTROLLER_BUTTON_TEST
BTN_EAST CONTROLLER_BUTTON_COIN
BTN_NORTH CONTROLLER_BUTTON_START
BTN_START CONTROLLER_BUTTON_SERVICE
BTN_SOUTH CONTROLLER_BUTTON_A
ABS_X CONTROLLER_ANALOGUE_X
ABS_Y CONTROLLER_ANALOGUE_Y

I'm giving up on trying the Sinden gun at the moment as I don't have an OSSC to generate the border and the games look better without borders anyway.

The HAT is the best companion to the WiPiNetbooter.

Thanks very much, great to know that it works and thanks for the map file!

@mathewbeall The GunCon3 uses IR LEDs and isn't a CRT light gun - although obviously that wouldn't stop you using it on a CRT.

Awesome job @elrod.

@mathewbeall If the GunCon3 works I bet the GunCon2 works as well, that one is a CRT gun. Cheap enough to give it a try.

GunCon2 relies on a composite video signal overlay. However, people have gotten them working over component. Not sure what hoops you would need to jump through to use RGB. Although I guess it's just pulling sync, so you may be able to run the composite connection to the GunCon2 to the c-sync signal.

GunCon2 relies on a composite video signal overlay. However, people have gotten them working over component. Not sure what hoops you would need to jump through to use RGB. Although I guess it's just pulling sync, so you may be able to run the composite connection to the GunCon2 to the c-sync signal.

Definitely works with just tapping csync as I've got it working that way with RGB-Pi in my NAC.

I need help with troubleshooting the openjvs to triforce type 1 connection

- I use openjvs (current version) in a wipi setup. - this runs nice in my noami setup (= it is working)
- I used a DSD Tech FT 232 USB adapter
- If i plug the "USB" cable into a Triforce Type1 and boot it the screen stays black (no boot animation, no sound). Right after disconnection i get a boot screen
- the triforce runs fine on a normal sega JVS I/O board

Is this a known problem. How can i troubleshootg / fix this behaviour?

Thanks alot

https://github.com/OpenJVS/OpenJVS/blob/master/docs/guide.md

1662968592253.png

I built an adapter with a sense line (as shown above), used a dongle with a FTDI FT232 chip. Noami 1 and Naomi2 = no problems. Triforce1 does not boot if the JVS cable (from the built openjvs dongle) is connected). Why?

Is there anything i can test/measure?

Back